Questions after playing a while

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by algumacoisaqq, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq Avatar

So, I started playing Sota after a long time, and this is the first time I'm playing it for a long time. But there are still a bunch of stuff I don't get, so my idea is to post my doubts here.
    I don't expect anyone to answer all of them, but any help would be apreciated.
    So here we go:
    1 - what is the difference between regular armor, augmented armor and elite armor? I would assume elite is better, but if the greater cost is the silver for enchanting, why people bother with non-elite armor?

2 - if I remember correctly, there was a window back in my day with a bunch of useful data on your character. Stuff like resist to all elements, to debuffs, critical hit chance.... Where is that window now? Is there a way to get this data now? If my armor gives me +0.3 weapon damage, my skill gives me +50% damage, is the total damage calculated somewhere?

3 - Is there any rare recipes PC vendor? I'm looking for stuff like meteoric iron sheet, or constantan wire, bronze longsword blade, etc. I expect the drop zones for them to be very hard, but is there any place I can buy them? What about price range for them? Or any not-so-hard drop points, even if rare? For reference, I can't clear a siege, eventually I can take a single siege master, but only if alone.

4 - any place I can quickly price check for common goods? In particular, I have some items from cotton plants and trees that sell to vendors for 200 gp a piece. Don't remember the names, sorry. But are they used for anything? Or just something we sell to NPCs?

.... I'll try to post more if I remember, but I think that is all :)
    Any help is apreciated. Thanks!!

Paladin Michael likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

different materials and amounts of them. for instance, you get a bonus per sheet on a plate chest, so a recipe that uses more sheets gets more materials stats. you're right, it doesn't make sense to mw or enchant the lowest level gear, except that it's cheaper to level the mw and enchent skills on them.

is hidden, but /stats outputs it to the chatlog. it can then read directly, or be parsed:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ible-stats-and-more-now-with-dps-meter.54410/

no, there's no npc selling those higher-level material recipes. you'll have to buy them from player vendors. they have a chance to come from supply bags, and those can be found in scenes easier than sieges

black cutworms, hemlock borers, emerald ash borers, aortic thrombuses? these don't have a use in game, but they've said they will someday. i just sell them myself.

3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

The places where I look for such things are the player vendors in Novia Market, New Britannian Market, New Heaven, and Ordinis Mortis. Such rarer recipes usually cost between 10 and 20k.

They can also come from supply bundles (yellow and up). What is your adventurer level? Have you tried hunting barbarians in Sawtooth Thicket or Far Hinterlands? They have reliable dropped them for me, though rarely of course (totally random).

At the moment from cotton plants only beetle carapace is useful to players (and the cotton of course), from trees maple, pine, and cinnamon bark as well as pine resin are currently valuable and can be sold to players or used for crafting, the things Alley Oop mentioned can only be sold to NPCs at the moment or saved in the hopes that there will be recipes that use them at some point.

4. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq Avatar

Thanks for the info guys! Those questions were sitting in my head for quite a while :)

In particular:
    That was the info I was looking. I checked only New Britannian Market, I thought it was the same thing as the Novia Market. I did saw a few of them, but I was afraid of the cost it could fetch. Also, I was hopeing there was some PC vendor specifically for this, but maybe not. Also, the price is a bit much for me right now. But thanks for the areas, I'll defnitively check them out.

I was talking about these ones, yes. Couldn't find their names on the wiki. At least now I know that I can sell them or stock them, but no real demand right now. About carapace, resin, I'm selling them to PCs right now, yes.

5. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

About common, augmented and elite armor: it is different for different armor pieces. For exemplet IF I remember correctly when it comes to plate chest, the common type uses slighthly more materials to make than augmented/elite and thus give more bonusens. For other types of pieces either augmented or elite is the best, but the difference is small enogh that you don’t have to worry untill you reach high level and every small thing counts.
    Also, if you come visit me (Guilford TyWyrm) in Dawn's Keep south of Britanny, I can sell you some recipes for cheap.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    algumacoisaqq likes this.
  6. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq Avatar

Thanks! Actually I went there, but I couldn't find your vendor - I guess your idea was to show up and talk, lol. Awesome house btw. I'll add you in game, I play as peloras bloodwave.

Also, I ws trying to adventure in the Far Hinterlands, but I don't think I can fight them yet, it will be easier to just farm gold and buy it

Vodalian likes this.
  7. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Yeah I don't have a vendor, so we have to deal the old fashioned way. :) Just add me and give me a shout when I'm on.

algumacoisaqq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.