Questions for you, yes YOU (poll)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 25, 2019.

?

What things are MOST important to you?

1. Quests

46.7%
  2. Story/lore

36.8%
  3. Finding cool loot

46.2%
  4. PvP open

11.5%
  5. PvP contest / Bg

9.3%
  6. Crafting

52.2%
  7. Being a trader but/sell

18.1%
  8. Character progression

50.5%
  9. Difficult and challenging content

35.7%
  10. Social events

4.9%
  11. Fishing

4.9%
  12. Housing and decorations

33.5%
  13. Exploration

46.2%
  14. Treasure hunts proposed esp 2

23.1%
  15. Rares collection inc skins

9.9%
  16. Role player

7.1%
  17. Real money transactions

4.9%
  18. Player made dungeons (added late sorry)

13.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Atmosphere, Freedom of interaction, More NPC population, ability to place an object on the ground, more mini games/events in scenes, More tools for player events,

Would be cool to see:

pictures (screenshots) in books, any tree choppable or at least gives off sanctioned message,
    A dragon, ship or airbaloon now and then moving in the sky,

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Well I think it is a "just 5 options"-problem. E.g. I have chosen crafting as this includes fishing but also the other professions. ;)

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

agreed, i would file fishing under 'rares collection' or 'housing and deco'.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well social gatherings don't make a game. Imo we are still missing basics like a good raid system. We don't have timed events with challenges and more reasons to repeat things. Even fishing stopped at a point and ended up to making it a grindfest for trophies. I'm not a big fisherman but still I wished for it to be a completed system as I do for every system in the game.

I'm also not a big quest person but I like the option to quest if I'm in the mood. An Achievement system got left out which was a big mistake imo and would have given some sense of achieving to anything.

The game should be completed on all aspects for all systems. Then players can choose what they want to do each day. Is it doing a battleground, is it restocking vendors, is it exploring and checking off some achievements, is it syncing some songs together, or is it doing some pvp or boss runs? What that is varies for me. So I really don't think we should neglect anything at all.

Whatever day it is in this sandbox world it should be a day enjoying it with a completed quality system free from constant waiting and wondering if the focus is ever coming back to finish it or start the system or feature.

So I vote for everything because to me mediocre anything is not good enough.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  5. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

Better drop rate for dragon heads and making adventuring in dungeons worthwhile would be great.

Better roll system, so essences, mats can be rolled too.

While fighting end game content loot could also be bigger so the whole group gets more out of their time spent, often the xp and the loot itself seems quite of a waste of time.

6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

It was difficult to choose just 5 . I enjoy it all with a few acceptions. But like Shawn said ...if i get bored with one thing i move on to another. I am not a merchant person and i dont pvp so those things are off the book for me. But everything else i like. Cant wait for the treasure map thing to go into affect. That was my fun things to do in UO. Tmaps and fishing net tosses. Would be nice to see nets put into affect as well. But i love this community even the ones that aggravate me at times and i eagerly wait and watch for whats next. My main thing right now is they need to stop for a bit adding stuff and get things FINISHED. Like the dungeon rooms/totems. Although i love the idea of a new dungeon....and new housing but stick to something and come to completion on it. I have rooms that are in place just gathering dust cause they havent given us totems for them. LOL. All in all i am in for the long haul. If i dont feel like playing i take a day or two off and then come back to it and pick up where i left off.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

8. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Hopefully they're hard at (secret) work on the questing experience overhaul.

Cordelayne and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Brass Knuckles ; Moving/Battling Ships would be my first choice if it was included. I would love to take the Dragomir fleet out and sink one of those behemoth ships for the rich. R/Boris/El Pirata

Geaux, Elrond, Bedawyn and 4 others like this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I added Thunting I should have added boats sorry

11. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

May certainly be the case, but it seems unfair to speculate in such a way that it besmirches the contributions of former devs, especially without evidence their poor performance was responsible.

For all we know, the devs working on the story and quest systems delivered exactly what they were instructed to, maybe even against their advice.

It isn't as though there was not constant, at time very vocal, feedback regarding the quests and story. The idea that they realized it was an unmanageable mess too late seems suspect with consistent feedback throughout the entire development.

12. 7thRankedNoob

7thRankedNoob Avatar

Not on the list but my number 1 choice: Update/Redo the Avatars. This is 2019 ... I want choice that actually makes a difference on the facial (and body) sliders, full RGB color wheel support for hair and at least 15+ hair choices (and beards etc).

Until that happens, nothing will bring me back. I can handle all the other little inconsistencies within the game that will eventually get fixed. But not this. Lets face it, the Avatars leave alot to be desired 4 years later ... They are the first thing a new user sees and set a mood for what you are going to get.

I chose 1,3,5,6 btw.

Boris Mondragon, Bedawyn and Dhanas like this.
  13. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Only 5 choices was hard, I had to drop quests off the list, because ultimately questing is the superficial reason behind my exploration and PvE, but not an end goal in itself for me. My character has to have a reason to leave the house, and her player's desire to explore explore explore is not IC, so questing becomes the reason.

Immersion is the thing that would have been top of the list for me. Another high priority -- not one I expect a game to fulfill, but the fact that SotA teases the possibility is what hooked me -- is worldbuilding/storyweaving/ providing a development canvas. Player dungeons count as that, PoTs count as that, the idea that I can theoretically create my own mini-world environment to share with others, if I have enough time and money. I just spent a bunch of money on crowns for that reason alone -- for me land isn't about housing, it's a canvas to worldbuild on.

Cool loot -- well, the problem there is what counts as "cool". Wings, superhero crap, endless amounts of weapons and armor with unrealistic magic bonuses? None of that counts as cool to me. What I want to see is loot that is realistic for the mob or place it's found, diverse, visually appealing, immersive, ideally provides some new functionality that the character didn't previously have, and most of all, that adds more depth and realism to the world and encourages and enables more roleplay. Weapons and armor can do that, if they're appropriate for the mob, but they're not the only things that can do that.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah it is. I had to really think about what is most important to me. Had to change my answer a couple times after re-evaluating.

15. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

I wish you had listed "Provide meaningful feedback that is considered in future game development and conceptual direction"

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Yes, nation building, faction, etc...

17. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

My GF uses the official industry term of "Hot Mess"...it seems to fit well...

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I really made the poll to be a fun thing and nothing real scientific.

Please feel free to make your own poll I’m happy with the results and turn out of this one. It exceeded my intended purpose.

19. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

My point was more along the lines of this poll is a great thing, and I imagine that many people that responded, including me, hope that the TEAM considers this type of information going forward...you care enough to take the time to draw opinions out into the open...good job :)

FrostII, Astirian, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  20. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

I really hope they do. Thanks @Brass Knuckles for making the poll. I'm surprised to see the results so closely aligned to my own preferences. I find the following very interesting (as of right now):

Top Votes (> 50):

- Crafting
    - Quests
    - Character Progression
    - Exploration
    - Loot
    - Story/Lore

Bottom Votes (< 20):

- PvP
    - Rares
    - Roleplay
    - Social Events
    - Fishing
    - RMT

With Challenging Content, Housing/Deco, Merchanting, Treasure Hunting and Player-made Dungeons somewhere in the middle.

So, I've seen a lot of talk about the least popular items. Without dwelling too much on the RMT Demon Child, before the quarterly updates were abandoned; the impression I got from the forum was "PvP this, PvP that..." (not that I have anything against PvP). The impression I got from the various announcements and official newsletter was "Yay fishing! Phase 1! Phase 2! ... RARES! Rares! Social events! Seasonal events! Krampus!"

Yet crafting work is severely delayed, we haven't heard anything on the new questing system, loot seems to be a huge issue and it was a herculean task just to get a bigger dialogue box for better story immersion (which still needs a bit of polish btw).

The top tier items here are things I would certainly expect from a spiritual successor to Ultima, a @Lord British game.

A rollicking romp across dungeons with dragons, in the company of bantering companions. A game in which I can grow my avatar, explore/create and bask in the lore... And hopefully find the odd chest full of treasure along the way!

It's almost like... The priorities... Versus what the players expect... Are inverted? The impression I have is:

1. Chris's streams are legit all about the middle to bottom tier. (Challenging Content, Housing/Deco, Player-made Dungeons and PvP)
    2. Starr is a social butterfly methinks, loves him some rares.
    3. Richard is... Secretly working on the top tier stuff?

OK, I'm putting my pitchfork down now, I do love the game and I get a lot out of the middle tier to be fair.
    I just want it to succeed man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.