Questions re PoTs

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Tanglewood, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

Hi all,

I may be interested in buying a PoT down the track (from either an existing player) or new if Portularium ever release more for purchase. I have the following questions though:

- NPC buildings - Do these require a deed to place them?

- NPCs - can these be placed anywhere as well as in NPC buildings? Eg: can you place them on a player property (either in a house or in the yard) or on a Road just outside a player property/ie public area?

- Can you these days purchase a lower level PoT from a player and still pay to upgrade it?

- How do you tell if a player is selling you a dynamic or static PoT (how do you ensure this before you pay)?

- For those who own Dynamic PoTs, in your opinion, do you feel as though you have freedom to place things how you want (eg: rotation, location etc)?

- How are you PoT owner's finding the range of decorations available? How many add-ons in the store are able to be used as PoT decos which can be placed in public areas (ie: not on a deed property)? eg: 80%ish or 40%ish? I am particularly interested in placing additional trees on a desert biome to make it seem like an oasis in a couple of areas, but this is obviously an issue if trees you buy in the add-on store cannot be placed in public areas.

- Are there any other particular "wants" that you guys wish you had available to you (other than increased deco limits etc) that you would consider worthwhile to bring to the attention of a potential PoT buyer?

Would like to know your thoughts :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

No. They are like a deco item you just plop them down wherever.

- NPCs - can these be placed anywhere as well as in NPC buildings? Eg: can you place them on a player property (either in a house or in the yard) or on a Road just outside a player property/ie public area?

You can place them anywhere EXCEPT on a player lot.

- Can you these days purchase a lower level PoT from a player and still pay to upgrade it?

Yes

- How do you tell if a player is selling you a dynamic or static PoT (how do you ensure this before you pay)?

Well, AFAIK none of the static POTs have been started yet... so there's that. You could also contact support@portalarium.com and have them verify the details about the POT before you buy.

- For those who own Dynamic PoTs, in your opinion, do you feel as though you have freedom to place things how you want (eg: rotation, location etc)?

As a former POT I think they are very malleable.

- How are you PoT owner's finding the range of decorations available? How many add-ons in the store are able to be used as PoT decos which can be placed in public areas (ie: not on a deed property)? eg: 80%ish or 40%ish? I am particularly interested in placing additional trees on a desert biome to make it seem like an oasis in a couple of areas, but this is obviously an issue if trees you buy in the add-on store cannot be placed in public areas.

Items in the add on store are generally explicitly marked as able to be placed off property. All trees/shrubs should be placeable anywhere.

- Are there any other particular "wants" that you guys wish you had available to you (other than increased deco limits etc) that you would consider worthwhile to bring to the attention of a potential PoT buyer?

One important thing to note is that crafting tables must be placed on a player lot. You also cannot place player vendors off lot and there is no "public vendor" for POTs so you will need a lot or two for setting up basic services.

Would like to know your thoughts :)

I had a POT which I had to sell due to IRL issues. I think they are amazing and I wish I had the dough to have one again. Setting one up with deco, public spaces, etc isn't cheap but it's a lot of fun.

Hopefully that clears up most of your concerns. Good luck!

Sir Frank, Numa, Spoon and 5 others like this.
  3. _Twilight_

_Twilight_ Avatar

Hello,

Let me answer them as best and correct as I can:

No, when you buy the POT, they come like a house deed, you do not need a property deed to place them.

Yes NPCs can be placed inside NPC buildings but not inside Player owned property.

Yes. But no longer qualify for free houses deeds (those deals have expired).

You have to ask and do your prior check before buying, the owner can send you a print screen of his POT page.

Yes, its pretty much a very big blank canvas to play with. But certain spots cannot be placed due to uneven terrains etc.

Trees are no issue to placed on POTs But you can't place a table and chairs in the open without a player owned property.

There are already a long list somewhere in the POT forum.

Numa, Spoon, Tanglewood and 4 others like this.
  4. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

Thanks so much for the feedback guys - much appreciated

5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

If you ever feel you want to try your hand at the POT experience, I have a test POT nested with Central Brittany called Brittany Shores that we can run a tryout for a short duration.

It's meant to be part of the Novian Academy initiative and I have been meaning to work on a stewardship program. Please drop me a PM if you are interested.

Tanglewood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.