Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quests and NPC conversations

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Gubbles, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I'm in the middle of the Ale Shipment quest, that starts at Flynn Gilson. I had a couple of ideas that I think would help the flow of the conversations.

(1) After checking with the Innkeeper in Kingsport, I ended up mistakenly going back to Flynn in Braemar. Flynn still thought of me as a stranger. You'd think a guy that asks me to go check on his ale shipment might remember that fact, or at the very least recognize that I've spoken to him before and am not a stranger.

(2) I like the clickable text during conversations since it makes getting to the next step in the conversational sequence easy, but when I'm scrolling back through my history its sometimes difficult to infer context. I think it would be great if clicking on the text actually resulted in a more complete response. For example, the barkeep, Thomas Strongbeard, says: "These are indeed dark days if a man can't even get a proper lager reliably!" And after clicking on the text, my response back to him is "get a proper lager reliably." Instead, why not structure a response to be something like "Indeed, it is a dark day if a man can't get a proper lager reliably!" Or, "Why can't we get a proper lager reliably?"

(3) Mentioned this in R11: It would be great if Journal entries kept the keyword text underlined just to serve as a reminder of the interesting conversation topics.

Anyway, I think some small improvements like these might help conversational flow.

2. SleightofHand

SleightofHand Avatar

It should just have a TICK next to finished quests and a X next to failed quests.
    It would be 1000000000x easier to find the quest we are busy with, rather than paging through 10 - 50 pages trying to find a single entry.

kateonline1 and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.