Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quests in Blood River Outskirts don't clear up or dead end *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Rentier, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Hey there
    follow up on https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-river-outskirts-dont-clear-up-spoiler.93620/ in answer to Puuk posting

actual stands for my active tasks in Journal in win64.629

in order of journal entry:
    • Seek Alberic - quest still in active quest list
    • Put in the proper checks to complete this task. Previous flag wasn't working.
    Quest still active after lots of talks with Alberic​

• Refugee Aid
    • Temporarily removed until next release. Need to make proper help quests. Next patch you should be able to talk to Alberic and automatically "complete" this task to remove it from your task list.
    Quest still active after lots of talks with all refugge camp guards and merchants and trainers and the kid and the blacksmith and ...​
    • Inform Farmer that Alpha Wolf is Dead - wrong quest description or wrong place for it
    • Removed the link that was in the spawner for the alpha wolf that caused the quest from Solice Bridge Outskirts to fire (copy and paste error).
    DONE removal worked :thumps up:​
    • Into the Vigilante Nest - quest still in active quest list
    • Made it more clear in the journal entry and conversation with Marcus that the player needs to speak to Phineas to complete the task. Also checked to make sure the proper flags are on Phineas to complete the task.
    I got in through finding paths around the gates, then through killing the gateguards(key), then through giving the codeword from Marcus <- did all this again and still active task​
    • Truth over Deceit- quest not solvable?
    • Marcus was checking for just the "evidence" version of the manifesto and not the possibility of the reward version (the one you can use to decorate your home). He now checks for both versions and completes the task when you hand it over to him. Don't worry, you'll get it back.
    I have 2 manifestos in a backback in my backpack - can't trigger marcus to accept one (no give items window)​
    • Scalps for the Vigilantes - Ruse - quest still in active quest list
    • This was a tough one since there are two distinct ways to go about it. I put in extra checks to make sure the task gets updated/completed. However, if you have both the real scalps and the fake ones in your inventory, it'll default to checking for the fake ones. Honestly, it's a tech restriction I can't get around, but story-wise, it assumes if you went to the trouble of getting the fake scalps, then that's what you intend to hand over to Phineas. I also removed the scalps from the Corrupted Elves since, story-wise, that'd just be extra nasty and wouldn't pass for proper elf scalps. Even Phineas could probably tell the difference... maybe.
    Alberic still has the elf scalps as keyword although i already received them - Put in a new dialogue and check to see if you completed the Ruse, so Alberic responds correctly.
    DONE new dialog pops up :thumps up:​

Valinia still talks about how loosing them is possible (nice touch) but gives no more ruse ones. She won't give yo more if you already have some in your inventory. Also gave her an extra dialogue and check to see if you've completed the Ruse quest.
    Valinia says something different :thumps up: only to go back to how to loose them (but did not give them to me - I don't have the scalps on me but in the bank)​

• Corruption Junction - quest still in active quest list
    I killed the Boletusporis before encountering the automaton, but as i found the automaton he gave me the quest and the reward at the same time
    • Put in checks to see if you're on Gus' quest or not. If not, then killing the Boletusporis Regem does nothing and it'll respawn after a while like a good li'l shroom. If you are on Gus' quest, killing Boletusporis Regem will summon his creator, who won't be very happy with your actions.
    after visiting gus again and the Boletusporis (the creator spawns before killing the Boletusporis)
    • Venomous Distribution - Quest stuck
    Killed the Brown spider Queen, got the Poison from Phineas, asked Alberic about it, got task to find the vigilantes food supply - found food supply in vigilantes nest *Edit and of course poisoned it* => Quest did not update and the poison is gone​
    • The vigilante Brief - Part Two - quest still in active quest list
    Phineas gave me the manifesto, I showed it to Alberic, who sends me to the captain, showed it to the captain -> got warrant quest below, but the quest is still there​
    • Warranted Action - quest still in active quest list
    gave Phineas the warrant he pfft's and we'll see AND (I got my XP and gold reward) but no more reaction of Phineas to the warrant -> I killed him, got another manifesto

tried to give the Manifesto or warrant to
    - Marcus - no reaction see above
    - Alberic - no more reaction
    - the captain - how to loose a warrant (really?)​

and that's it from the blood river outskirts for me (5 pages of still active tasks which are done and/or rewarded and/or stuck)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Moiseyev Trueden and Sir Grant like this.
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Rentier, Reporting this issue is truly appreciated. It has been added to the Bug Reporting System for Development Team review.

3. ArcticFox

ArcticFox Avatar

Also minor bug, but blocker to quest: if 'manifesto' item is lost, it couldn't be regained after showed to Alberic.
    Quest still on: Corruption Junction - not cleared from journal after completion.
    Few minorities:
    Looted 'Solace Bridge Outskirts Heirloom' from small skeleton near pyramid.
    Box in pyramid not opens.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

How did you lose it?

Never mind. I put in a fix for it. As long as you haven't turned in the manifesto to Captain Bearfield, you can go back to Alberic and type/click on "manifesto." He will give you the copy he made with the following shaming dialogue, "You lost your copy of the manifesto? Truly? How do you lose such an important document...? Never mind, here - I actually made a copy for my records. You can have it. And try to hang onto this one, please. The evidence won't do anyone any good if you keep losing it."

Corruption Junction has already been fixed. Both this and the above will be in the next update.

I'll look into the other ones. Thanks for the feedback!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.