Quests

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Sestos, Jan 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sestos

Sestos Avatar

So I recently started playing after backing the Kickstarter.... surprised that I keep running into broken quests in the Tier 1 to Tier 2 areas since the game has been out for a good period of time now. Starting to feel like the game was rushed which is normal for the industry but there has not been the clean-up even now.

Am I drawing the correct conclusion based on the evidence or have recent patches broken things?

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

There have been lots of fixes but they know the quest system has problems and they are re-doing it and the journal for episode 2. If you let other players know where you are stuck they can tell you how to go forward. Completing all the quests does have benefits and one is that it gives you a taxed village lot starting soon and completing 1 path will give you the taxed row deed. So you can have two deeds by doing them all. So there are many benefits to moving forward. These deeds are not trade-able to other players. I also would not say the game was rushed since it has been 5 years in the making but lots of quality of life stuff has come in and more is coming each release. We are still seeing progress and imo why we are here is to give feedback on what we see and of course ask questions. There are many threads going on to give the opportunity to help. We do have universe chat in game if you claim rewards from the treasure chest in the upper right hand corner of your screen you should see one. You can drag it to your inventory to reply and ask anything.

Jason_M likes this.
  3. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Yep. Generally speaking, all of the quests are A-OK. That said, certain folks have certain problems with certain quests, all of which depends upon a myriad of factors.

If you provide specific data, not only will you get help from the community here, but your feedback will help to iron out these sorts of issues in the future.

FrostII, Barugon and majoria70 like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Completing one Outskirts will get you a deed, and yes it's retroactive. You don't have to do a whole quest path.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ok well I was talking about the two options for row deed and village deed but perhaps I explained it incorrectly so thanks.

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Your conclusion is correct, but probably incomplete.
    A lot of the outskirts scenes don't date back to persistence, they are much more recent additions.
    The quest system itself is a known bugbear and is getting a complete do-over, as I understand it, later this year. Rather than continuing to invest time fixing individual quest issues/problems the entire system is being brought up to date / re-envisioned.

In terms of bugginess, the most common issues seem to be journal/compass related. If you do get stuck on anything, there's usually a workaround - community's super helpful in that regard.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Finish all of the quests inside the 3 Outskirts areas. Those for the most part should be working fine.

If you are having a problem with a specific quest, ask. We can hopefully help.

Which specific quest were you having an issue with @Sestos ?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  8. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

What quests do i need to complete for the village deed? and How do i start these quests?

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You need to finish the main story line for episode 1.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just finishing 1 of the Outskirts areas gives you the Row Lot! Pretty easy to do too. That comes with a default home too.

11. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

where do i start the main story line for episode 1?

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Which area did you start in?

13. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

solace

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok. There’s 3 starting parts to Chapter 1. They eventually lead you to Tier 5 scenes. Depending on your level, these may prove to be quite difficult, or even impossible at too low a level. Just FYI.

For Love you need to speak to Edvard at Solace Bridge, and then follow that quest (you might have already done this). For Courage speak to Declan Robinson in Resolute, they will ask you to find an Amulet. For Truth, go to Blood River and speak to Robert Villines to get a dagger. Follow all three of these quest lines. Good luck.

If you do all 3 Outskirts areas, you are sent to all 3 of these areas anyway. Also you will get CRAPLOADS of XP for finishing them. Of note, quest XP Goes both to Adventure and Crafting pools.

Finishing one of these Outskirts areas give you a FREE Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed. This comes with a default House.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello @bloodluv and welcome. As mentioned go to your starting area outskirts and talk to Arabella and all npcs. So since you are newly returned remember to ask for help to the NPCs. Your journal is 'j' to access it. Also If you have a teleport to zone scroll in your inventory it will show scenes you have visited and pointing at scenes with the control key will also be a way to see descriptions of what's in a scene. If you point at the names of scenes on the map you can see a description of scenes as well. I always keep my scrolls on my non combat bar. So by clicking on teleport to zone it opens up the window listing all scenes you have visited. Right now the journal is lacking organizational things but in episode 2 it will be re-done as will the quest system. If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask in game or here. I am Majoria in game if I can assist anytime.

16. knaust

knaust Avatar

hi all, I'm confused about the concept of "finishing the quests" in the outskirts. I have already explored every area and completed the quests in bloodriver and in highvale, I have the banner of courage and the banner of truth however I have not received as a reward the row lot deed ... what am I missing?
    thx for help, I'm loving this game :p

majoria70 likes this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Have you talked to the Oracle? This should be your next step. You don't receive it without that step.

edit
    Ok guess this is not your next step anymore. see below comment for updated information

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    knaust likes this.
  18. knaust

knaust Avatar

doh... I'm not playing this game... is the game who is playing me :eek:

Oracle have nothing to say me... not even Arabella. Lost again. :oops:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  19. Nick

Nick Avatar

The oracle no longer gives the row deed. Only the village deed for the main shroud quests.
    • If you have already completed any one of the Outskirts storylines and don’t already have the row lot deed reward, just return to the main contacts (Kinsey, Burnes, Alberic, or Phineas Drumplemouth) and use the “deed” keyword to receive this reward.
    Try talking to one of them again.

majoria70, Jaesun and knaust like this.
  20. knaust

knaust Avatar

Great ! now I'm a citizen o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.