Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R16 feedback hmm

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Sir_Hemlock, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

R16 feedback

[GRAPHICS]
    9/10
    Greatly improved overland map and mountains.
    The layout of terrain etc is better.
    Port'y have delivered close-to-AAA quality graphics in various sections of Novia.

[GAMEPLAY]
    1/10
    Unfortunately gameplay is one area where Port'y remains CLUELESS?
    Charged jumping and pressing both mouse buttons instead of one to move forward is a pain.
    The extremely slow overland movement speed makes it impossible to reach any destination swiftly. And should you require to frequently revisit multiple destinations on opposite ends of the map for questing- forget it. It will literally take you years to travel around. Intentional slowdown in woodland adds to the frustration.
    Dev's, please, please, please, for the love of virtue, see Skyrim and Ultima 9s control and just COPY IT :p

[COMBAT]
    0/10
    Not exciting, tiresome.
    Since balancing or adding more skills will not allow for unrestrained freedom of action- excising the combat system from the game is necessary. Implement a new one.

[CRAFTING]
    'unrated'
    Don't craft.

[DECORATING]
    'unrated'
    Don't decorate.

[DIALOGUE]
    'unrated'
    No story in yet.

[MUSIC]
    'unrated'
    Some pieces sound like they are close to fitting the game. The composers MUST continue to work on, improve and refine these until launch. Melodies need tinkering.

[PERFORMANCE]
    5/10
    Performance has improved.
    Since loading Ardoris takes too long- i'd suggest redesign/reconfiguration.
    Perhaps divide Ardoris into smaller, separately loading sections.

[MULTIPLAYER]
    'unrated'
    Don't multiplay.

[SINGLE PLAYER]
    5/10
    Not bad. Sadly SP modes potential may be limited by multiplayers prohibitive design restrictions.

Overall score: somewhere between 5/10 and 6/10 is where I would fairly, and logically place SotA in its current development state.
    Whilst SotA has received an extensive and breathtaking cosmetic makeover and performance boost- it is hampered by poor conttols and inane combat. Whether Port'y will concede they are wrong and rectify the games shortcomings, who can say?

2. EnigmaWinz

EnigmaWinz Avatar

Interesting. For me game play is at a 10! Using both mouse buttons to move came very natural to me. .probably because it's the same in the other games that I play :D You could always wasd it for movement. I also like the charged jumping, I like being able to control how high I want to jump.

I do think they should make it so that you can sprint while on the overland map though. I wouldn't mind if it drained your focus to do so either.

Pedro Luis likes this.
  3. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I don't do WASD.

Agree 100% on the sprinting.

Also, I had a look in the controls menu today, and my gosh there is a lot of stuff in there. Is it all necessary? I doubt it. It needs refinement. Every unnecessary step should be removed.

Let me know if you think any of it can be refined?

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.