1. NOTICE: The game is still in Early Access, which does not constitute a Launch! Please keep feedback and concerns tempered during this still-in-development period. We are working hard to make the game ready for Launch, based on your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

R16 Obstacle Tournament (1v1 Double Elimination)

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Net, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Net

Net Avatar

When:
    • Runs: 2015-04-04 17:00 UTC (April 4th, noon CST)
    Where:
    • Brave Coast - city lot (/zone Net)
    • Please post below with your ingame name.
    Entry fee:
    • Free to enter
    Prize:
    1. 5000 gold
    2. 2500 gold
    3. 1000 gold
    • Best three can challenge me (Net) in exhibition matches and should they win, their prize will be doubled!
    Rules:
    • Maximum number of contestants is 16
    • The tournament is double elimination.
    • The runner who sits in the throne first, will be winner.
    • The throne will be moved to new location each round (so the tournament gets more challenging each round). The location of the throne for semi-finals, finals and exhibition matches shall be the same one).
    • You are not allowed to jump on or over stone walls. Jumping from the bleacher area to the throne is not allowed! If you fall outside of the arena, you need to run through the maze again.
    • Allowed spells include Life magic, Sprint, Dash, Mind Lock, Mind Wipe, Gust, Root and Confusion. Other spells are not allowed.
    • Allowed consumables are healing and focus potions and smelling salts.
    • Auto-attack is allowed.
    • If match takes longer than 10 5 minutes I say 'SUDDEN DEATH'. After that is said you are not allowed to use any skills against your opponent.
    • When "Get ready!" is said, you may unsheath your weapon, stack skills, and use buffs. You may not move until "Run!" is said
    • First player to reach the throne in the arena wins!
    • You are not allowed to attack and/or kill people on the arena lot before, during, or after the event. If you break this rule, you may be banned from future 4B events.
    • Please be nice and enjoy the event.
    Disclaimer: These rules are subject to change. The battlemaster has the final word.

Contestants:
    • Athanil
    • Bambino LudoVate
    • Sole
    • Glinda theGoodWitch
    • Jacob Canaan
    Brackets:

http://challonge.com/4br16o

Results:
    1. Bambino LudoVate
    2. Athanil
    3. Sole
    Video:

2. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

This is especially a good thing for poor winners/losers thanks.. js ;)

• You are not allowed to attack and/or kill people on the arena lot before, during, or after the event. If you break this rule, you may be banned from future 4B events.

Themo Lock, Bambino, Arianna and 2 others like this.
  3. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

And interesting spin to our normal Deathmatch-style competitions. Dunno if I can make it, but I look forward to seeing how this one pans out!

Themo Lock, Soleidad, Bambino and 3 others like this.
  4. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

I'll play :eek:

5. Net

Net Avatar

The arena is finished, I hoped to have it bigger, but the item limit is really severe. Still, I think that some 'duels' will last long time, so the sudden death (i.e. no combat allowed, poor race) will be activated afer 5 minutes.

[​IMG]

6. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Bambino LudoVate

7. Net

Net Avatar

Just for the clarification... you are not allowed to jump on or over stone walls. Jumping from the bleacher area to the throne is not allowed! If you fall outside of the arena, you need to run through the maze again.

8. Soleidad

Soleidad Avatar

Oh, sign me in pls!!!

Totally awesome idea :)

9. Net

Net Avatar

Thank you all for coming, big thanks to competitors and congratullations to the winners, especially Bambino LudoVate and Athanil, who have managed to beat me:)

Also big thanks to Themo Lock, thanks to his generous dotation the prize pool was increased. Bambino won 30k, Athanil 20k and Sole 5k.

And thanks belongs to Wody for commentating on the aether and Arianna for recording the whole event.

Lord Lonn, Soleidad, Bambino and 4 others like this.
  10. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

The recording is up for the event, with Wody's great commentary:)

It might need a few days to be full 1080p HD ;)

Soleidad, Gaelis, Lord Lonn and 4 others like this.
  11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Cant help but feel that video is going to be called "exhibit A" at some point.

Gaelis, Lord Lonn, Bambino and 3 others like this.
  12. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Nice Video js ;D

Net, Themo Lock, Arianna and 2 others like this.
  13. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Yes, very good video work Arianna!

Also, this event proved to be very entertaining. I'd like to see something like this happen again.

Gaelis, Net, Themo Lock and 4 others like this.
  14. Soleidad

Soleidad Avatar

Thank you for arranging such a great event Net :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Silverglade, Jynx, Lord Lonn and 5 others like this.
  15. Net

Net Avatar

There were several breaches of rules and etiquette during the Obstacle Tournament

1) Jacob Canaan - Using exploits
    Jacob Canaan broke the rules and lost a match (minutes 27-32 in the video).
    He used an exploit in the next match (e.g. 37:00 and 37:15), unfortunately I did not noticed it. I want to apologize to Glinda theGoodWitch again for missing this. I have also noticed this in the next match however (42:20). Even though I have not explicitly banned exploits, I made it clear I have the final word. I have decided that the match will be repeated but the use of bugs will not be allowed (50:00+). Yet Jacob exploited again (1:01:36). And on top of that he attacked Athanil (1:01:19), which caused Athanil to trigger autoattack and then complained for being attacked. We cannot tolerate such poor sportsmanship during our events. Therefore Jacob Canaan will not be allowed to enter our next event (Ranged Tournament 3.0). He is still allowed to attend as a spectator but he should be advised that we expect him to behave nicely. Let this be warning for others too, we wish for fair fights and good fun. We do not want to see people who cheat and break the game or the rules.

2) Jacob Canaan - Chat spam and abuse
    Jacob used 'mature' language on several occasions and was rather offensive. I asked Jacob to stop (1:09:37), I should have asked him to do so much sooner though. I should have banned him from the event then, yet I did not. This was a breach of good manners and etiquette. Those are important during events. We were considering banning him from attending the next event, however we should have acted there and then. Therefore for this time, we will only warn him to behave nicely. We will watch him closely and if he starts ruining the fun of others, he will be banned.

3) Themo Lock - attacked Jacob
    At 1:10:20, Themo attacks Jacob. I clearly stated in the rules I do not want this. Especially during competition, I am busy, I do not want to have people fighting. And this really did not help to calm the situation either. It would have been different if Themo asked us and we let him get me rid of Jacob, but he did not. We cannot have people escalating things on their own. Yet to be fair, we should have banned Jacob well before Themo attacked, and when he did, we supported him. We are learning from our mistakes and we cannot ban Themo for doing our job for us. This leads us to another warning, please do not attack people on your own. You can defend yourself, you can defend your friends, but do not start the fights on your own.
    As I cannot watch for everything, we have appointed Gaelis Trajan to the position of the Chief of Security. If someone is causing trouble, she will be the one authorizing use of lethal force (should I be too lenient or not paying attention).

Let this be a lesson for all, that we will do our best to keep our events fun. But if you cause trouble, you may be forcibly removed.

16. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Note: The Rules mention a 'Battlemaster' in the Disclaimer section, but there is no mention of who this 'Battlemaster' is in the rules.

Net likes this.
  17. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Jacob provoked the attack, but yes i struck first. My bad.

Net likes this.
  18. Net

Net Avatar

My bad, I cannot afford lawyer to write the rules for me:)

Battlemaster is me (or whoever is running the event).