R17 Student Quest (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Poor game design, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Shoot, I need to go back and take another look I have literally dozens of copies of these books and I cannot recall which ones are which. Oh well guess I'll just have to bring them all with me! :)

*UPDATE* Take that back, it's not value but weight. The real ones don't weigh anything!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Finally finished this...again...and yes you definitely need the originals. Spectral Mines was the only one that threw me at first, but I eventually found my way...:D

Thankfully, you can still get both statues!

Rebelweasel and margaritte like this.
  3. ArcanumVeritas

ArcanumVeritas Avatar

So the spectral mines (3 room+ chest/lots of mining - as per the R18 Hat quest), off the sewers, doesn't seem to attach to the version that needed the key, so where is it, somewhere else off the foothills? I went for a wander and couldn't find anything...

What am I missing?

4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Better observation skills! ;)

The "old" spectral mines are indeed in the same scene as the "new" spectral mines. Now, the old part is just a "side discovery" of the main mining site, and the new part is more appropriately an excavation complex.

I don't know how much you want to spoil your explorations, but, in case you don't want to check every crack in every corridor (hint, hint), you can always check these nicely done maps: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/sewer-catacomb-and-mine-maps.30178/

enderandrew likes this.
  5. ArcanumVeritas

ArcanumVeritas Avatar

thanks ... I walked past it over a dozen times, including twice looking for a green highlight to break open another section

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  6. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

I love this kind of quest. Story, character, plot, adventuring, problem solving, reward! Cool.

But... When I try to get three of the books -Kindness in Giving Creates Love, Everyone Needs Courage, and Truth is Rewarded - they all appear in their quest locations in Runic (see image).
    Why?

This image shows a book that should be entitled, "Everyone Needs Courage."

[​IMG]

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The runic versions were added in R20, but are not the correct ones. Make sure you are at the correct /loc, which can be found in the spoiler tag of the Wiki page. I was able to complete it early in this release, so it should still be accurate. Note that the last number, the z-axis, is often important, as the book might be upstairs, even tho a false book is elsewhere in the building. There were a few duplicates of the actual books, with the correct titles, but these were supposed to be changed to contain "(copy)" or "Copy of" in the title. Its possible that some of the actual quest books got changed accidentally, in that case make sure to report it as a bug.

leilakin likes this.
  8. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

Yes, I'm reporting it as a bug because the books that are in RUNIC are in the quest locations.
    I'm screenshotting each one with /loc showing to show that I am standing at the correct book for the quest in the correct location, but the book is in RUNIC.
    If I pick up the book with the runic title and try to turn them all in to the students, it doesn't work.

Thanks!

9. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

The correct book has a value of zero in weight and will re-spawn several seconds after you remove it from its location. Everything else in the general location are just random book spawns. Also, three of the books are supposed to be in Runic, as Browncoat Jayson indicated.

10. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

I went to the locations where the correct books are for the quests, and looted them, even though they were in RUNIC. Their weight values are zero. They respawn right after I take them (Just like the other 9 books for the quest that I successfully got with no issue.)

While you and Browncoat Jayson say they are supposed to be in RUNIC, and in my inventory they are marked not as copies and with zero value and weight, talking to the students and saying "Books" does not complete the quest. Instead they say, "will you help me find the books I need."

Frustrating bug.

11. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Sounds like it should work then. I did this quest at the beginning of R20 using the 3 books that are in runic with no problems.

12. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Just out of curiosity, could you do a screen shot of those twelve books in your inventory? I will be able to spot right away if they are all correct.

Edit: Or better yet, I will post a screen shot of copies I have shortly

leilakin likes this.
  13. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

These are copies of the books I swiped from the various locations. These books are correct and do work with the quest.

[​IMG]

leilakin likes this.
  14. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I'm not entirely sure that's the correct keyword.

15. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

I managed to turn in the books on the virtue of truth to Elizabeth by saying, "Books."
    But the other two students will not accept my books when I say, "Books."
    And I collected each of the books for them in the proper quest locations.

You can see the statue of virtue - truth in my inventory here from Elizabeth

[​IMG]

Books in my inventory:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I noticed on your screen shots that 'The Fearful Rabbit' is missing from your list. You need that for the Student of Courage

17. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Student of Love
    Kindness in Giving Creates Love (in runic)
    The most beautiful heart
    Don't give up your goodness

Student of Courage
    Everyone needs courage (in runic)
    The fearful rabbit
    The courageous mother

Student of Truth
    Truth is rewarded (in runic)
    A boiled seed cannot sprout
    The chains of false belief

The last three I can't remember which category they belong in: The mouse and the camel, The monkey and the dolphin, The lion tattoo

From looking at your screenshots, you are clearly missing "The fearful Rabbit" (needed for courage), Kindness in giving creates love (in runic) (needed for love).

leilakin likes this.
  18. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

Thank you!
    What's part of my "bug" issue is that I went to the Palace of the Wind twice and got the book on the table above Khasi, and, with all the other books for love, I tried to talk to Timothy by saying, "Books" but he said I still needed to get them for him.
    (image below)
    [​IMG]

19. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

That looks like the correct book, granted that it has a weight of zero, but I didn't see it in your inventory. That along with The fearful rabbit.

Edit: If you do, in fact have both in your inventory, check to make sure that they are still there before you talk to the two students and that they are, in fact, the correct one.

Also, just went in game to confirm that the book in your screen shot is, indeed, the correct book.

Addendum: I'm wondering if Timothy is grabbing all the books you have, with one missing, and then telling you that you need all of the books? I would make absolutely certain that you have all four of the books needed before you turn them in. If he still refuses, then it definitely is a bug.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    leilakin likes this.
  20. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

SO, after looting the exact same book from the exact same spot 3 different times on 3 separate trips to the Palace of the Wind, I finally got Timothy to accept my books and give me his part of the statue.
    That was definitely buggy.

THEN, I went on a long adventure to find The Fearful Rabbit, which I thought I already had, and turned out to be just a copy.
    Thank you for your help!
    YAY!

Now to find Gina and get the Chaos statue...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.