Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R20 Feedback from Carlin the Archer

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Carlin the Druid Archer, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Wizard 101 (a kid's game I play with my daughter) seems to handle this with flags.

We're both on this main scene. There is an NPC who gets kidnapped at one point. For me, I don't see the NPC. I see a book dropped at the scene because of a quest flag. My daughter is standing next to me in the same instance of the same scene, but she sees the NPC because her quest flag is different.

2. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Hey @Lum, that is awesome news! Hopefully the system will be clever enough to allow us to see NPCs in different states if flags are set - so if I heal the sick guard I now see him not dressed in his sick clothes any longer (bandages?) but healed and perhaps walking around the room. So it would be great if even multi-player scenes can look different to two different players in the same scene based on their quest flag statuses.

I know there might be some strangeness with a player standing talking to a non-existent NPC in my scene, but I think that would be the exception and worth the trade-off.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I like the battle flags. I think they are beautiful and no I dont agree they should be limited to player owned towns. What if someone who has one does not want to live in a player owned town they should not have to just to show their flag. Oh well I dont agree about worrying about how someone else decorates and stuff like that but that's just me.;)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

The capture the flag items. On a small lot the glow is overwhelming and washes or demands your visual attention rather ... I would never want to limit any item to lot, town or any particular location...

@Devas this should be turned down according location.. Pot Let the glow be seen from space .. city village or town lot in a bus sling town or city .. tone way way down.

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Why not just make it so the capture the flag item is temporary then? Then it can't be a permanent eye sore.

6. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

I like that idea @rune_74.. if they don't become the irresistible light switch that some kids love.. :)

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

hmmm I like this idea :) And would be nice if we could NAME our player owned vendors.

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Or replace the vendors with automatons or sales ledgers so we don't have these weird lifeless clones all over town.

9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

People may decorate however they want same as I should be able to turn that glow off completely (maybe I can now, Haven't really checked)
    I really really really reeeeeeallly dislike the glow :(

10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I like my vendor, he just needs a lil more movement, like scratching his head, crossing his arms, stretching, tips his hat to us Ladies hehehehe etc

11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

OH and give us the choice of a male or female Vendor for our homes :) And allow us to dress Him or Her :) so I can dress them accordingly to the Seasons, and holidays aka Winter, summer is all we need and Christmas, Thanksgiving , Valentines etc.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  12. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

I think Gold is WAY to easy to come by and several items sell for FAR to much. I think this is being looked at though. Listening on VoIP, people have 150k and more gold and they know how to make it easily. Not digging that at all.

I agree with you also on death penalties. Adventuring should feel dangerous. Should BE dangerous. Stat damage, Temp HP and stamina loss, fatigued condition, slow movement speed and low initial health and stamina as well as equipment conditions dropping. Also, you shouldn't be able to run through zones like Eastmarch Gap or Foothills and just take a few hits and be able to run it out. I think that enemies when they engage you, detect you should put YOU, the Avatar in combat mode and in this mode, running away, escaping should not be automatic. It could be a trainable ability called 'Disengage' or just have it something you can't avoid if enemies get close enough. Right now, AI and pathing is very bad, no separating or pulling dynamics at all and the innate ability to outrun everything including things you shouldn't be able to.

The banners are obscene as they are now IMHO. If the concern was being able to see them from afar, make them like a pennant flag on long poles. The colored beam going up into the air...seriously? It's embarrassing.

The obsidian buildings are kind of a niche thing. We won't be able to do anything about it in NPC towns but in POTs people can ban them or allow them per their preferences. For ours, they are not allowed presently I believe.

13. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Yeah it sounds line some people have hit the money making gold mine now. .. just not me yet! The devs need to keep on top of this as an unbalanced economy will kill much of the multi player part of the game

Montaigne likes this.
  14. Curt

Curt Avatar

Seems that even when you is running as a ghost you can pull mobs that chase you and so when you resurrect they surrounds you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.