Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R20 Top 10 Annoying things

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Spoon, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunderbun

chunderbun Avatar

1) Not being able to craft multiple items by duplicate - ie) putting 4x of each ingredient to craft 4 items, have to do it 1 by 1 which is extremely tedious.
    2) Monsters warping away really quickly back to their spawn location when you're trying to kill them
    3) 6 pieces of lumber FOR ONE POLE?!
    4) General output to input ratio of crafting items - it takes far too long to craft items after spending hours hunting resources - 2 iron should give 1 ingot, not 4. Same goes for wood and basically all other crafting resources - it takes forevvverrrr to make even the simplest of items. If you want to make an armor piece you can spend a good 2-4 hours if you specifically mine, smelt and smith, which is overly tedious.
    5) A general lack of resources in scenes - could do with more deposits and greater drops (like 3 iron in higher skilled places around Novia)
    6) Not able to place housing items on the ground floor of houses
    7) Spawn timers for mobs far too fast - you kill one, go to mine resources and there they are again a few seconds later interrupting you ~constantly~
    8) Parrying/Shields seem to do bugger all against mobs
    9) Random height/location issues when engaging enemies, they can hit you, but you do nothing to them until you're "level" or on even ground with them
    10) Houses with absolutely nothing in them should decay much quicker to allow people who will actually USE row lots a chance to get a lot that isn't in the middle of nowhere where no players are active.

On a side note: Due to the exploits of people at the beginning of R20 in the tower of the shuttering eye, the economy through public vendors is completely messed up.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    smack, Ice Queen and docdoom77 like this.
  2. shanersimms

shanersimms Avatar

1. Lack of PvP activity.
    2. Lack of reason/incentive to PvP.
    3. The PvP cultural requirement to grind to level 70-80-90 etc. to be competitive with the few PvP'ers that do exist.
    4. The lack of any other method to level to these "necessary" requirements other than aoe mob farming for hour after boring as hell hour.
    5. The awful deck system that ensures to maximize your combat effectiveness you spend more time watching and stacking glyph icons than getting to watch the actual combat/gameplay.
    6. The utter uselessness of the "highest tear" spells in any given magic tree. Seriously these elementals are horrible and useless!
    7. Damage imbalance between the schools of magic.

smack, Sara Dreygon and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

!. Archery .... not fun playing one.... Arrows too costly, to cumbersome, takes too many to take out mobs ....need wayyyyyyy more love ....
    2. I find it hard killing anything in Free mode, have to practically stand right on the mob to do any damage, and the mobs can hit me from afar, but I have to be RIGHT ON THEM ..... aggro range is way too far, etc
    3. Bags, I prefer bag mode over list, but like the option of both. I don't use bag mode for the reasons everyone here has mentioned. Can't TAKE ALL, can't have items looted automatically go into the bag you want, opening bags in bank shows it all with the other stuff not in that bag, no ability to place that bag with it's contents in home, storage box etc and move it back to where you want with all it's contents, etc so on so forth as stated from others.
    4. Trees too big for Citizen lot ..... prefer like someone said, (small, med, and large) separate choices ....
    5 Control points become boring/repetitive and disruptive to game play. Need an option to pay a reasonable toll to bypass the scene, before the scene is even entered.
    6. Ability to by-pass Random Encounters. I like them, but yesterday just about every few steps in my travels, I was pulled into one.
    7. Adventuring is boring, seems like a lot of the scenes are the same, need more diversity of monsters, not just the same with diff names. Scenes are WAY TOO SHORT, i feel so closed in, such lack of space .. same goes with the dungeons, caves or what ever they are called, they need to be deeper, longer ..... with other players there also ... etc
    8. Character creation: I know there will be more added to them, but as is .... needs more choices to hair styles, color, etc more facial features/expressions, beards, mustaches, tattoos, lip gloss, better color palette, ability to control the size and weight of the character etc , I can go on and on with this .... Don't like looking like everyone else!!
    9. Trainer takes my gold before I have the chance to decide if it's what I do or don't want. Need ability to play around with the skills before he takes my gold, add "Accept or Apply" before he takes my gold for the skills I want.
    10. No hotbar scaling/resizing or ability to move it vertical or horizontal anywhere on the screen, (top right/top left, top center. bottom left, bottom right, bottom center.) etc

Aldo, smack, Browncoat Jayson and 3 others like this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I noticed this while playing with pole arms. A skeleton with a sword hits me but my pole arm cannot reach him. A bit backwards.

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. Jocularis

Jocularis Avatar

1) JOURNAL!!!! this is the worst feature of the game.
    2) too few metal nodes

smack likes this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

1. Combat range of mobs is too great.
    2. Trying to correctly judge the distance of my own close attacks.
    3. Still having to hold the right mouse button to pan the camera
    4. Too many battle banners, usually drawing attention to player vendors
    5. Crafting materials getting stuck on the crafting table.
    6. Not being able to cross the river at Brittany when coming from the north.
    7. NPC vendors walking away when I am in the middle of a transaction with them
    8. Still hate the little brown spiders who can kill me in seconds

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

1. Not being able to get over the bridges on the overworld map the first time. There should be an invisible funnel that just kind of makes those bridges a very simple thing to cross. There's no point making the bridges have such a small window for error. Really frustrating.

8. Frank Bach

Frank Bach Avatar

1) Combat distance in melee
    2) Enemy lifebar sometimes don't refresh correctly. I have to do another doubleclick on the enemy which solves the problem but prevents me from clicking the skills.
    3) Combat is a bit too slow I think
    4) There are no big adventure scenes but huge POTs. I would love to see some bigger open "exploradorable" scenes with caves, secrets, hidden paths...(!Adventure scenes that are not "tuby"!)
    5) Same for the dungeons, they are rather small. And please add more puzzles : )
    6) The random encounters are boring and also give no/less reward.
    7) Loot is not rewarding. Mobs should sometimes drop something special.

Jocularis, Ice Queen, smack and 2 others like this.
  9. smack

smack Avatar

I think he meant about the game itself, not against the community. So all of yours are applicable. But I digress, and I'll let the mods do their thing as appropriate. :rolleyes:

Thanks @Spoon for restarting these Top Annoyances threads! Here are mine:

1. No gamma control. Need to ensure the levels are what you intended and to address monitor-specific nuances. The lighting seems completely off during sunrise, where the sky is glaringly bright but the terrain lighting is still in complete darkness
    2. That 10-60+ second wait after every scene load where you stutter and can't really move around until the scene finishes loading in the background. I think they can optimize the background loading process a bit better here so its less annoying with every scene transition
    3. No transaction confirmation for Skill Trainers. Currently it costs money every time you apply skill points. Should allow you to play with the skill trees and then click "Confirm" and only then are you charged.
    4. Combat / card system still needs tons more work to be visceral and fun
    5. Chat UI needs a complete overhaul
    6. Lum still won't implement SmackTalk, which will truly set this game apart from all other (MMO)RPGs. ;)
    7. Can't re-decorate NPC buildings (e.g. move objects around) and to a larger extent, can't drop items on the ground
    8. Most scenes are still way too small, especially the wilderness scenes, with still seemingly random placement of random MOBs
    9. Random Encounters are still not very fun, not very useful, and at times can trigger 5x in a row.
    10. The Quest Journal needs more love, perhaps with ability to re-organize by location or npc (or revert to date-based) on-demand, and add the ability to write into it because there are quite a few things you learn from NPCs that seemingly should be added as journal entries but aren't.
    11. NPC AI is janky (e.g. walking away from you, pathfinding, etc)
    12. Most light sources don't cast shadows, and some bleed through walls

licemeat, Hazard, KuBaTRiZeS and 6 others like this.
  10. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

1. Can't drag chat tab to new chat window.
    2. Light bleeds through walls (fireplaces in row houses can be seen on outer walls, rather than just through the window)
    3. Can't place anything on inside front wall of a house (at least in my obsidian tower and my row house)
    4. Journal stores quests as they are discovered/completed, a sort option would be helpful or old quests that are completed crossed out.
    5. Quests feel out-of-order play-wise. Maybe I missed it, but starting at solace bridge doesn't easily lead me to hidden vale where the majority of starter quests and quest lines seem to be located. I'll have to play through the starter quests again.
    6. Having coconuts equipped and not being able to talk to vendors with no message as to why...
    7. Day/night cycle needs tweaked. Night *feels* forever. May be dawn/dusk is too long? 80% of the time I feel like I'm logged in during night time.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  11. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

No Top 10, just 10 annoying things:

1. You stop harvesting, when not successful (just let the Avatar try again until success! why stop?)
    2. Pelican Network Errors + Lags
    3. Extremely slow Zoom Out with the Mouse Wheel
    4. I need an Loot All Up To Weight...
    5. too dark!
    6. This game needs a Supermap with all discovered places and lots of statistics!
    7. Why do scorpions have pelt?
    8. Interface in general and Crafting interface in particular! (so many unnecessary clicks)
    9. The horrible Chat window!
    10. No Mouseclick Movement!

Ice Queen, licemeat and smack like this.
  12. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Back on topic:

1) I have a pretty decent machine, and I still get super crazy lag in most (if not all) towns.
    2) Pelican network errors
    3) Poor chat implementation, especially with NPCs (yes, I know they are actively working on this)
    4) Even on fantastic detail level, the night skies appear muddy and blurry.
    5) Gathering quests
    6) at this point, soloing seems exceptionally difficult (at least to start)

Ice Queen, smack and docdoom77 like this.
  13. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

1. Towns are starting to look a real mess with those neon flags everywhere, kind of like a neon lit shopping mall rather than an RPG fantasy game. I walked into Solania and nearly fell over when I saw the streets lined with glowing flags :-(

14. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Thank you everyone for this thread (even though it hurts in places). :)

15. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

It's only because we all love this game so much ☺ and want it to be a success. You guys rock even when some times things aren't perfect.

16. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

1. Random encounters get boring after the 4th time. Either worth farming or just running through.
    2. Control points get boring too - just running through
    3. Mob respawn nearby while harvesting - loosing meticulous collections (meticulous is shown again, but I still dont get it)
    4. Only get 1 iron or copper from mining (x meticulous), but several worthless granite or shards.
    5. No use for gold ore / ingots - pretty worthless?
    6. Trolls are too difficult right now (at least I have no chance right now, but no problems elsewhere)
    7. Some random crafting events are too unfair. E.g. for a chest armor I had to double the main parts (+6 coils of wire) - without any benefit
    8. Nights are too long. Some scenes required daytime for visibility. Can you speed up the game time during night at least in singleplayer?
    9. Network issues (PELICAN)
    10. Unsorted recipes - there should be sub-sections like ingot and then sorted by metal. At the moment they are sorted after date

17. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

1. Locked Camera during running or movemetn from behind - Fan Videos no more fun to create
    3. boring uniformative , unchanging loading Screen
    4. not a fan of the cathering Animation - takes very Long until in postion
    5. to conservative, good spirit game - miss the evil spirit of Richard´s other games in SotA. - but i see it slowly coming in. :)
    6. Nights are to short already - love nights.
    7. Banners lightning everywhere - do not like them - do they cost a light source?
    8. POT vs NPC Towns relation

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    smack likes this.
  18. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

1. Range of One handed Melee weapon
    2. Maybe add some option for Better survivability of melee in pvp ? And fight melee vs melee are really borring ( i duel one of my friend in game , he was lvl 46 ( dual sword ) i was 45 ( shield and one handed war hammer ). And it could have last for hours , we just stopped it , we were both doing really little damage , it was going no where )
    3.Random Encouter are Funny the First time , but after 2-3 time it start to be just annoying.( Maybe some kind of coldown on random encouter ? Like if you have been in one , you cannot go in another one for 15 minute )
    4. Quest that are not finish should not be in game . I don't mind if there is not a lot of quest for now . I can wait . But its boring to start a quest and realize thats you cannot finish it cause its un completed .
    5.Trolls is ok , i like as a melee to fight it ( turning around , jumping to dodge is attack was really fun and immersive), but the 25 g of loot is not enought to repair the damage he have done to my weapon + armor ( i know it will change)
    6- No global/region chat in game.
    7- Would be great if we could have option to see wich time is it in game , i mean Shroud of the avatar official hour ( for those who wanna go to event but are not on the same time zone irl )
    8- You can get better armor ( epic armor plate ) on npc than crafting .
    9- Undead that ressurect 2 time each , even when you almost 2-3 shot them . The fact that they ressurect don't really make it harder just a little more boring . 1 ressurect by undead (maybe more for lich and boss ) should be enough.
    10-Would like to see one in game GameMaster who can make rp event and animation more often !

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Dang I agree with most of these..

I'll just add a couple that are specially irritating to me.

1. Dungeon and zone size are small I feel like I'm playing a single player game in multi player mode.
    2. Load times and lag, jittery fights while lagging.
    3. Chat system is pretty poor still.
    4. Random encounters are just a a time sink I wait to load into one run threw it and wait to load out. It's also wierd when it's night out to be pulled into a day time encounter with wolves.
    5. Mob and my attack ranges already covered here.

I'm sure ull get these things sorted.

smack, Lord Baldrith and Ice Queen like this.
  20. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

1) Not able to place items from my inventory on my lot even though I can pick them up - such as swords. Let's call it any item as Deco (Not to be confused with items everywhere - which is cool, but not this particular point).
    2) No free-look without holding down the mouse button!
    3) Blades combat tree! It sucks, especially when two-handed! (sorry). If you go sword&board or go two swords, that's pulls from two other trees, but two-handed swords means you have:
    a) Thrust - Attack.
    b) double-slash - Better attack.
    c) Rend - DoT, okay.
    d) (situational coup-de grace, which is boring for me, and situational whirling blades against multiple opponents... that's fine).,

Attacks that increase defense value are boring, unless you can somehow have parry work for x seconds when you see a fireball incoming... that's cool, but almost everyone prefers skills that - Stun, Knockdown, or weaken an opponent in someway (none of these skills in the sword tree). And seeing numbers on those skills lets you figure out what they do.

4) Weaving? (combos) don't always scale with your stats. ie. Quadruple-Slash is worse than Double-Slash once you have strength.
    5) "On Caster" - I REALLY don't like seeing parry increasing the defensive values "on caster" - one does not CAST parry or riposte.
    6) Overland camera jumping. Sometimes in zooms way in when walking out of a town or past a tree or something. I really should pay attention and report each instance as a bug- sorry.
    7) /local does not let you type locally, only /l - any commands with shortforms should also work in longforms!
    8) Whispering is picky. If I want to whisper someone with two really long names I need to spell out both names in full, even when said person may be the only person with the first name Jokerophuluffagustino Snoopydogtown - /w Jokeroph should pick them automatically!
    9) We need a /reply command to respond to the most recent person who whispered you!
    10) Some windows are finicky to move around the screen (such as the character window) to find a spot you may click/drag it.
    11) No savegames when updating. When you update through the launcher whenever it crashes or your computer crashes (I have a crashy computer) you start over. At the beginning. And you download everything again too. That's frustrating. Really.

smack, Lord Baldrith and docdoom77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.