Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R23 Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Abydos, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

First, I appreciate this release. I currently have fun playing.

Here are a few feedback that are important to me:

• The Skill Tree: I really like the skill system. The Skill Tree is well built. It's super interesting to improve our skills and attunement brings interesting development options for our character. Subterfuge Skill Tree look nice and i cant wait to see the Pick Pockets Skill. I believe that the high level skills should cost more expensive to unlock.

• The Trainer: I think the trainers should be specialized. Currently, we can unlock every skill with all trainers. I understand that for the alpha, it is easier. But at launch, I would have to go and meet a ''Assasin Trainer'' in the sewers of a big city like Ardoris to unlock my Subterfuge skill. Moreover, it would give players a reason to go exploring the New Britannia Wolrd.

• Magic: As many, i think spells should be required reagents 100% consumable to be casted.

• PvP: Temporary PvP Flagging is a great and wonderful idea that should be developed. Currently,unfortunately, it has completely destroyed the SotA PvP.

• Server: As many again, I would love to play SotA on a real Open PvP server.

Thanks @DarkStarr , @Chris and @RichardGarriott and others Dev.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

1 - Agreed - needs some adjusting - moving some skill to toher locations - i.e. Bulwark should be a tactical skill as it gains there and NOTHING to do with earth

2 - Trainer is already planned to be more complex

3 - I can see low level skll not need reagents but high level one HAVE to have and use regs.

4 - I think this is a bad idea poorly executed.

5 - and of course like many MANY more players, this is such a dead horse :-(

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

That is cool - and not every trainer could have every skill. The more advanced skills, the leaves of each skill tree, could come from different trainers around the gameworld in areas a bit more difficult (but not impossible for a newb).

Abydos likes this.
  4. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

For high skill levels, I would add the requirement to have found rare items to learn them, a book, a rare component...

5. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

The only feedback I might give right now is to add in some scenes up north where people can go to collect trees, leather, ore, etc. There are a bunch down south near Ardoris and near Kingsport but in the North of Novia it's a little sparse. Even if the scenes are just copies of existing instances for the time being it would be fine, at least I wouldn't have to travel across the continent or ocean to collect resources. :)

Budner, Bolck and Aimend like this.
  6. Bolck

Bolck Avatar

Good idea.

There are many new features and finally loot in pvp.

I reinstall the game now :D

7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

There is always Graff Gem Mine... and then you can stop over at Lux Sanctuary to rest your weary bones after a hard day of mining.

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm not a fan of this either. The one person I've seen so far that was open pvp, I considered flagging myself just to attack, but I refrained because it was going to be too easy. They were lower level than I was, and I was going to have the initiative to 1. Know that there was going to be a fight in the first place, and 2. to get in a few quick attacks before they even knew what was going on.

I think this mechanic was made for people that are friends and not for people that are relatively strangers. It's a mechanic that creates crimes of opportunity, and I would be very surprised (even with super high level players) if people openly walked around being flagged PVP 24/7.

In a way, if people super high level are walking around flagged PVP 24/7, what that tells me is that they're so high level it doesn't matter if 5 people gank them because they aren't worried about that (because of levels). If they aren't flagged open PVP, it tells me that even the people that have grinded out all these levels don't want to be in that environment so why are we doing it?

I hope this is a mechanic that is quickly scrapped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.