Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R27 Patch Failure (near build 387?) BLOCKER

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Sirius Sternwarte, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I think I've just encountered a serious patching failure somewhere between builds 387 and 389.
    When I applied yesterday's patch which I think was build 387, I was out of the room and when I came back I had a warning from AVG that the file "Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\xdelta3.exe" had been blocked and removed as a medium level identity protection / unknown threat.
    Today when I tried to load the SOTA launcher, when it tried to apply patch 389 it said there was a failure to apply the patch (can't remember the exact wording, it said the details were saved in a log) and gave me the choice to force load or to retry applying the patch. I clicked the option to retry applying the patch and the launcher then showed it was going to download a patch from 0->387 ! I stopped the launcher and begun to compile the info for this post. Unfortunately, the "output_log.txt" file in the "... Launcher_Data\" folder only appears to show details of a later attempt, with no info about the patch failure.
    I guess this means I will probably have to do a full SOTA uninstall and reinstall? Shame the log file doesn't seem to show anything of use to help with this bug report.

System: Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Please let me know if there is any other information I could provide that might help?

2. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the report. We will investigate this issue. It looks like the only course forward for the moment is to conduct a full reinstall. Please let us know if you see this issue occur again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.