R3 Gone for good, R4 approaching....and then?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lordy, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Roadmap Darkstarr compiled for us, including the 4 pre Alpha releases is coming to an end within a month with the latest incarnation: R4.

I was wondering whether dev's are going to feed us with a new Road Map, explaining what is going on after R4 and what we should be expecting in the months to come.

So fare i'm really happy with the status of the game. I'm almost certain that we won't see a commercial phase by the end of the year, but that is more then on to me. Considering Fund raising is still there i see no hurry for the developer's tu rish the game. For us players, i'm almost sure that with a FATTY Beta we could be happy enough to wait few more months for the "finished" game.

2. Gooseboy

Gooseboy Avatar

There is only the abyss after R4. Do not stare into it, it stares back.

3. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I think we should wait until R4 to see more news about road maps. Be patient.

4. Kal

Kal Avatar

with the rate at which they are going it looks to me like they are on schedule for the october release date. and remember they will probably raise a lot of money right before the release date because many more people will probably buy pledge levels with housing when they realize they only have a couple weeks or days left and slots could run out.

after r4 i don't know their plans, my guess is some kind of testing every 2 to 4 weeks or maybe tie testing to the pledge levels. let top pledge level test from then on, then dukes can test a month later, then lords, etc that would help sell pledges also.

5. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

I heard after R4 the devs are going to abandon ship, take all of the cash and retire in Costa Rica...

6. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

I would be fine with a "meaty beta" that goes a lil longer to have an even better release... I look forward to what new tests they have post R4 and what new systems they will be focusing on at that point along with optimizing and polishing existing systems. Gotta get base systems done first... cant even focus on PVP until combat at least works, etc....

7. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Remember the definition of an alpha includes a fully playable game; so I think we are a ways from Beta :)

Starr mentioned that he would update the early access schedule with R5-R7; I think at that point they would be ready for a true Alpha test or three for a couple of months, then a couple of months of Beta testing leading up to release.

Golem Dragon likes this.
  8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I imagine the devs plan on taking data and feedback from R3 and R4 to figure out big blockers they need to work on first. Information from the R3 testing is informing them how many people can be in an instance, how well the multiplayer is working, optimizations that need to be made, etc.

Golem Dragon likes this.
  9. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

mhm, R3 and the upcoming R4 will provide metrics on so much stuff that will help RG, Starr, and Chris have the info they need to do a better job at planning for the next major set of phase and goals. Is just nice that we get to be a part of this and help in what small ways we can.

Sir Mike Dragon likes this.
  10. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Keep in mind any "beta" is still going to be essentially demo content. It's not like were going to be able to play the entire first episode from beginning to end for six months while Portalarium hangs on the testers every word! We will in all likelihood get to experience the majority of the game alongside everyone else at launch.

KurtRussell likes this.
  11. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

be patien Lordy, comes time, comes news;)

I expect them end of the week with new update now that R3 is over.

12. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Even earlier possibly ^_^

mitchellhamilton and NRaas like this.
  13. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I see you found the Dev+ Forum^^

14. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

The issue for me is time is running out on upping pledge. Right now I'm sitting at Adventurer (NO interest in buying anything other than the game proper at this juncture) and I was hoping early access would give me enough to make a decision on whether I want to go Explorer or not...and I have to be honest, I really really dont know at this point...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.