R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is a great service. Are the numbers still current? So far, it does not look to be nearly as bad as I thought it might be. Let's hope this trend continues.

My Land Rush Story
    I scoped out the lots I wanted most and practiced moving between them and getting to the lots fast. Finally I decided on one that was good, but not my first choice for fear of too much competition. There was no need to tell anyone and I went to claim it in SPO mode so I would have less chance of lag issues. Ironically, when I went into guild voice chat, I found out that another guild member was trying for the same lot 30 minutes before the window opened. While we both wanted to win, we competed in a very civil and friendly way. When I won, I was immediately given a grats before I knew what happened. The best part is that it was my second choice, since I did not try for my first choice thinking there will be too much competition for it. Passing by my first choice 15 minutes later, it was still available. So I surrendered the first lot to the person who competed with me.

Long story short, it was the most positive experience I could have hoped for. I hope everyone finds the process to be better than expected.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

That is her way.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Not too bad indeed, but I've only accounted for about 30 of the 45 that would have gotten their turn so far, as it wasn't an exhaustive search. Most are sticking to their deed type, with some using their secondary deeds instead. It appears only a few are downgrading from Castle to Keep or Town to Village.

Indeed, the pre-launch lot selection / persistence is forcing people to engage now rather than wait for actual launch. Like you, I also want to enjoy polished, complete content (main story campaign) at actual launch but lot selection that takes place 6-12 months+ before that happens is changing that. However, a potential side effect of this is that there may be a lot of empty homes, as this category of players jumps in, makes a claim, and leaves the game until its complete.

A huge thanks to you for that spreadsheet! I was just going to do it like my R29 housing survey but yours was so much more readable :)

I'll try and provide some updates daily or so and provide some means to show last update per town. But the spreadsheet is editable by everyone, so let's crowdsource this...there are a LOT of towns :)

4EverLost, Wayfarer, AvatarGG and 3 others like this.
  4. TranZdog

TranZdog Avatar

Adding the last Updated column is very helpful, Could change the data to Date Time...

Retlaw and smack like this.
  5. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Could we keep the time zone server time? I think everyone would be going off that for land rush and all. Thanks for this resource!

smack likes this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

Done and done!

Retlaw likes this.
  7. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Don't stay logged out too long. If you don't log in for a certain period of time your claim will expire. IIRC this is dependent on the deed (row/village/town/etc)

smack likes this.
  8. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

Sad, but true. Honestly, I'm sure I would be doing it too if I had spend that amount of money on the game.

I'm glad to hear I will have a village lot in an NPC town, however I am almost inclined to take a PoT spot because it is better located. I suppose I'm just a little dismayed that I am "guaranteed" a village lot, but stuck in a corner in the middle of nowhere. Bleh.

Whatever, I just hope players go to places OTHER than Brittany and Owl's Head for everything so that the commercial market is spread out across the globe, rather than concentrated in one of those two areas - but I doubt it.

Albus likes this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

For those that are not aware, the developers seem to have anticipated the demand for Brittney and created hundreds, if not more than a thousand, lots in Brittney via attached extended instances. A great many people, especially those in the first groups for each tier will have a better than good chance if they try.

10. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Do you mean all the PoT's accessed through Brittany? There isn't multiple instances of the actual city for housing, only concurrent players in the same zone.

11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

No, there was added the fields, wharf, estates ... they are attached directly via large gates. Plus Kingsport has a direct boat to the NPC part.

Jatvardur likes this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

As nearly all LotMs should have come up on their lot selection (except the 1 LotM in Group 9 in a couple hours), I just did a big update of nearly all NPC towns and a few PRTs. So far, I've accounted for 35 LotM lot claims out of the 50 in this tier.

Clearly Brittany and its suburbs and Owl's Head were the most popular choices. There were a few claims in the cloned NPC towns. No claims in any of the cloned PRTs, but I only checked a few.

Next tier: Dukes on Sunday. Good luck everyone!

4EverLost, Solazur, AvatarGG and 2 others like this.
  13. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

Thanks for the effort on this... could you please explain to me how to read it:
    Example...

Brittany Wharfs : Town = 47/48 and City = 4 (single number, no fraction)

What does the fraction vs non fraction mean.

Does it mean 47 of 48 is claimed or 47 of 48 non-claimed? And the solid numbers meaning (example 4 as above) meaning 0/4 available or 4/4 available?

Thanks for clarification and again much appreciated efforts.

smack and Mykll like this.
  14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

The Town Crier tends to respond with "number of available lots" / "total number of lots"

a solid integer means the number of that type of lot (so 4 available City lots, in that instance).

15. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

And I thank you for that @Tahru - you are a gentleman sir. And we both ended up with the lot we really wanted. I suspect that the busier group will see more drama than we did but I hope that others take a leaf out of your book! :)

16. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Something to consider: when the number is changed to a fraction, it no longer is counted in the total on the right. I'm not really sure of a good solution.

17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

ok this works in the format you have : (number) Space text Space (number)
    For say cells f16 and f17 as an example
    5 / 9
    4 / 8

=SUM(RIGHT(F16,SEARCH(" ",F16,2))+RIGHT(F17,SEARCH(" ",F17,2)))

would give 17 which would be the total amount pre any taken, is that's what you still want to keep. Or change to LEFT for ones taken, or minus one from other etc to see how many remain.

4EverLost, Tahru, smack and 1 other person like this.
  18. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

Nice, and to see it so civil :).

Yeah I am in the larger Lord Marshall group, so I suspect it may not be quite so civil, although the unknown factor to me is just how many people are in guilds with POTS. anyway, good news with having to wait until 8th of August it gives me time to look around these cities and select areas to plop down my town lot.

Tahru likes this.
  19. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

This is just the quiet before the storm... I suspect all hell is about to break loose. Already some premium Keeps have been claimed... trickle down selection dictates by this time tomorrow all the very best City lots may be spoken for. It's going to be insanity!!! Pure insanity!!!

Polaris Penguin likes this.
  20. Almar

Almar Avatar

I'm just looking to place a one room viking, I can find lots, but can't claim them even with deed in my inventory. What's the magic involved in this then?

Edit: Okay, so I bought a one room viking from the store today without being told I needed a plot deed. I thought like old UO you could just place a deed if there was space. Are plot deeds difficult to come by since persistence launch?

Basically: I'm playing this on a budget, did I just waste $35?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.