R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elay

Elay Avatar

I hesitate in posting this as I’m really not trying to perpetuate this, but I honestly think the stats are quite interesting.

From the lot placement schedule post these are the figures:-

For pledges that are able to get property above Village lots:-

LOTM - groups 1 to 9 = 50 pledges
    Duke – groups 10-18 = 179
    Baron – groups 19-27 =115
    Lord/Lord Marshall – groups 28-36 = 603

Total of 947

From where we are up to, according to Smacks spreadsheet in this post, (just looking at NPC towns not PRT)

3802 total plots of which 3631 are left – a total of 171 plots taken

Looking at village plots at this point, initially 1320 plots available, now 1263 – 57 taken

So using that stat alone, 57 of 171 – 33% of people have taken village lots

However, the Baron and Lord/Lord Marshall groups are next groups 19 to 36 – a total of 718 lots (compared to 229 lots in groups 1-18)

If the same percentage were to take village lots (and I have absolutely no reason to suspect they will) that would be 237 more lots, bringing the total down to 1026 village lots available.

Then we get to those pledges whose largest plot available to them is Village:-

Knight/Knight Marshall = 1089
    Edelman = 828
    Citizen = 628

A further subtotal of 2545

With 1263 village lots currently available, but far less are likely to be available after higher pledges have placed, maybe around 1000 will be left. That means that the majority of those with village lots as their largest lot will have to use PRTs – but there will be enough spaces to at least place a lot.

strabo, smack, Baalice and 3 others like this.
  2. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I have a feeling that the metropolis sized PRTs will grow into economic hubs of their own.

3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

The only problem with the analysis is that Duke's and Barons got a second village lot to use. These were not necessarily a Keep or City deed being used to pick a village lot. It was a village deed for a village lot. Lord M's and Lord only get a secondary Row lot... so I don't think they are going to take their Town lot to get a village lot. I don't think the dire prophecy that all the villages will be taken by lords and above will be true. I suspect there will be a drop off at the Lord's for village lots selected and Row's will start to disappear instead.

mbomber, smack, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  4. Elay

Elay Avatar

That's a very valid point Cartodude, that could make a big difference going forward.

smack and cartodude like this.
  5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Lord Marshals have a village lot as secondary deeds (depends on pledge date if they get a secondary deed), and some Lords have row deeds as secondary deeds (depends on the pledge date if they get the secondary deed).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    mbomber, smack and cartodude like this.
  6. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

ok, thanks... couldn't remember off hand. :) (i thought they both had Rows. my bad.)

Ice Queen likes this.
  7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Np :) There's hundreds of Lord Marshals, so potential village lots that could be taken, though I suspect many will go with town first if they can since there's still a good many of those left in npc towns and still some good choices. I think the Lords will have less pickings from the town lots and will probably use their rows and we'll start seeing those spaces fill in at Owl's Head, Kingsport, Ardoris, the alleys and other Brittany areas.

There being 1320 village lots in NPC towns not counting the 228 village water lots in npc towns..... people at village level pledges will still have plenty of choices I think when their time comes. Also 1979 village lots and 405 village water lots in PRT's ....There's plenty of village lots for follks :)

8. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

I can attest. I have a RF Town & RF Village.

My selection date is Saturday.

cartodude likes this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Just like houses, location is in the eye of the beholder. I think the best locations in the game are in row lots. But to be honest, I cannot decide what lot is the best. Do you want lots of players, lots of privacy, urban living, scenic views, mountains, water, close to a bank, close to a crafting center, close to an entrance... So many darn choices. I think the best views are not in any NPC towns. There is a PRT town with a great waterfall and all village lots. A lot is really what we make of it. It's just really fun.

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

^
    I hope so.
    Same for the PoTs!

mbomber, Jatvardur and DancingShade like this.
  11. Dazzy

Dazzy Avatar

Good post. PoTs changed everything.

Sadly I think this will make a lot of people think twice before pledging to anything similar in the future.

AvatarGG, Baalice and Mykll like this.
  12. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

If the game is good people will pledge similar for POT only deeds found in Bundles. Then they will complain about not having those rare NPC/PRT deeds us fortunate few will own.

Based upon my review Shroud is shaping up to be rather amazing and a very unique MMO experience otherwise missing from the genre.

13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is still happening to me. I tried SPO mode as well. Is anyone else having trouble getting the lot list?

14. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I think POT's caused some issues, but i also think they are likely the best inclusion into the game so far. I think over time they will be the gems of this world. What other games allow you to create your own town and fill it with friends and like minds, none that i can think of.

This is a new novel approach to producing a game which no matter how well planned it is, will always come unstuck to a degree when implemented. New things come to light and new ideas are bought forward as progress is made and nothing said at the beginning with best intentions is guaranteed to be so. Normally we wont see these changes they make to the game or ideas in conventional development, its just we get to see how it is all made, warts aand all. I complained initially here in one of my first posts, when they changed something or other, i have since learned to have an understanding of the difficulties of what they are doing and try to see it in not what effects me but for what is good for the game, and i think generally they are doing well on that front. So long as they are developing what people want i don't see too many issues for further funding here.

DancingShade and cartodude like this.
  15. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Thanks for the constructive replies, I figured I'd be getting a flaming bat, so that's nice. I can agree with people of a higher pledge going first but I still think the largest deed should have been used first, even if that means they claim a city, town, etc. with it. If you want to sacrifice your vanity/RP castle for something more conducive to running a business, that's fair. You've opted for say, a city lot so you should be able to choose first if you're a LotM or Duke. However, using your main deed (the one you pledged for originally) would mean your secondary deed would be selected with everyone else in group 91. As it stands, if you use the smaller deed first, people in the lower tiers who pledged for their lot sizes aren't getting to pick from the lots available. They are getting to choose from the ones left after already being cherry-picked by the upper tiers... and then, in group 91, those same higher tiers are now able to choose a keep or castle lot with, admittedly, a LOT less competition than if they were in the 'default' group at the end. Not to mention player owned towns where their lot is basically reserved for them with no chance that they'd lose it. Seems like double-dipping to me.

Keep in mind, I'm a Baron 2 and in the first group for my tier (group 19, 11 people) so I should still have a lot of 'alternative' lots available but definitely not the first 8 picks for my tier I had planned for what I spent. I feel bad for the lower tiers as city lot owners do the same thing to them. It's a trickle down effect that hurts the lower tier pledges more than what is fair, considering they pledged for those tiers just like we did. Less money, sure, but still the money they were able to spend to back the game. They're all just as important to me.

As for my lot, I'm probably looking at Brittany Estates since I'm already in the city. I'm not really crazy about the zone. It feels like a modern day pre-fab development community more than the original maps of a lot of the other NPC towns. Actually, it particularly reminds me of every other online game's housing zones. A mix of housing types feels more natural than rows and rows of city lots placed together like glorified row homes. If anyone has any suggestions for places I could get to, I'd welcome them. I'm looking for purely an aesthetic location for my in-game home, nothing game system related. I'm logged in the Estates currently. I'll definitely get a lot as there were like 50 open city lots there. There's just no possible way all of them would go with the 11 of us going in first tonight. But for the lower tiers, I will be choosing my city lot first as I feel that is the most fair thing to do, so you have one less person doing the double take.

Edit: Yes, I agree. It is what it is at this point and this is just talking. I'm a old school single player gamer so I tend towards the introverted side. I don't like confrontation so I normally stay off the forums but I really needed to make my voice heard, at the very least. I'm not trying to incite anything here, believe me.

16. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Do you live where you work? for most that is a NO. So you set your castle or in my case Manor up in a nice out of the way place and put your smaller building for commerce where commerce is done. Nothing horrible about that. Again I only toured half the world and there was plenty of space and almost no used lots/

mbomber, NRaas and DancingShade like this.
  17. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

I love the last part of this post. It definitely feel that the wealth will be in the top percentages. Whoever is in the US knows this is how it is here too. I just don't like my RL mixing in with my games. I try to get away from that any chance I get. I guess I should be glad I'm upset about in-game housing rather than our crazy election season this time around. Sheesh!

LoneStranger, AvatarGG, Mykll and 2 others like this.
  18. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

I totally agree with this. I doubt anyone wants to live in the middle of a commercialized area. My problem comes with the fact that people can pick their 'work' location first, most likely taking a spot that someone else wanted as their home and turn even a residential area into a commercial one... and 'still' go back and get their big, out of the way keep or castle lot like they intended. Meanwhile, the person you displaced has to rethink where they want to live. Yes, there are plenty of open lots... 'now'. When it comes time for town, village and below, the landscape of free lots is going to shrink considerably.

Edit: Again, great work on that spreadsheet to the creators and contributors. It is a lot of work but it is beyond helpful. *claps*

Mykll and Elay like this.
  19. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Just one, unless the lord marshall pledge was last year before the expiration. Then, in that case, you'd get two (one town and one village)

MagiK likes this.
  20. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

To paraphrase Abe Lincoln... "You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but you can't please all the people all the time."

In this land rush, somebody had to go first and get that 'best' lot by somebody else's definition of 'best'. They way Port did it was fair in the sense that it enticed people to fund their game. The land rush was partially an incentive and one of the perks of spending more on the game. There's lot of things in this world I wish I could afford to buy but I don't go complaining about how unfair it is everyday (tried that when I was kid... you don't want to know what mom said about that...:D)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.