R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Ok so probably mixing up a couple of different threads in here.

But somewhere it was said that it is ok if you don't get the busy main road / path / busy avenue lots. If you put your house out of the way but have what people want, they will go out of their way to get to you.

But now people are saying that nobody will ever go to a castle, despite telling people it is okay to build away from traffic because people will find you?

2. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Yes, in real life I don't go complaining about what I can't afford. It is what it is, much like this. This has nothing to do with 'best' lots, as that is subjective. It really just has to do with getting two lots you're more happy with than another person is who can only choose one after they're picked over. Again, I'm a Baron 2. I spent enough to be a Duke but opted to keep my pledge at Baron 2 to get a city lot for just preference. I'm not complaining, what's done is done. I'm voicing my displeasure at how it was done and yes, that's fueled mainly by the amount of my pledge, quite honestly. As someone mentioned earlier, this will put off people from pledging in other games in this way. They're right. Knowing how the land rush was going to be handled, I definitely would have pledged considerably less. However, it was locked in, back in Kickstarter days. What's done is done.

Flight and Mykll like this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think it is important to note that it is hard to predict in a game that isn't finished where the best spot is.

Some people think Brittany and Owl's Head are the best because they will get the most foot traffic for vendors. I'm not sure if this is true.

Owl's Head had been the main hub for early testers, but will that be the case at the real launch with 50,000 players who didn't play in the early releases?

Brittany scenes take a long time to load and get through. (Note, I used my window to grab a spot in Central Brittany even though it is pain to get back to the overworld mainly because the scene is beautiful. I just liked the neighborhood. I may not even put out my vendor).

We don't know where the best resources will be because things change.

The economy hasn't received much of a pass yet, and we don't know how regional economies will play out yet.

I've maintained that once the plot quests are done, the best community events tend to be in PoTs. If you're always going to PoTs for events, you'll hit PoT vendors.

And the best crafters will have a reputation over time. People will seek them out wherever they are.

This notion that most people are going to get bad spots and the rich stole all the good spots may be unfounded. How can we tell where the best spots are currently?

4. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Yeah I thought it was Baron and up that get one city and one village...or was that town?

mbomber likes this.
  5. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I heard the qwickest way to get ot the overworld is to jump in the bay and swim away from short...seems to work.

6. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

@enderandrew: For me, it was purely aesthetic. I wanted to be up near the main castle in Britanny. That's what made that zone 'best' for me and the economy wouldn't have changed that. But yes, a lot can change fast after launch in regards to the community and its economies.

7. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

damn... should of thought of that... instead of spending twenty minutes trying to find my way out :confused:

8. enderandrew

I'm near the docks. That may be a useful tip! Thanks!

MagiK likes this.
  9. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

... I would LMAO if Port went and stuck a small sea monster or shark in the harbor to eat swimmers... :p

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Wait for when people start selling the lots for cash to complain. At least in the current debate people are assumed to want to play there.

Aylehvin and Baalice like this.
  11. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I know of one area they are thinking of doing just that :)

enderandrew and cartodude like this.
  12. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

@Tahru: Ugh, you went and said it... ;). I was keeping my head in the sand that people would take advantage of the system, grab up lower tier lots and sell them later... and yes, for cash. Come on! People really wouldn't do that in 'this' game would they? ...would they? ...h.. hello? :(:D

Tahru, Aylehvin and MagiK like this.
  13. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Worry about it when it becomes an issue, nothing to be gained by premature worry :)

Tahru and Baalice like this.
  14. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

I know, I was half-joking. :)

If someone were to sell the lot I wanted as my number 1 for real cash in the near future, I wouldn't buy it. I don't like to support people who do that sort of thing and I'm definitely not spending more money on the game when I thought I spent enough to have a more than decent chance at that lot in the first place.

Whyterose Flowers, MagiK and Tahru like this.
  15. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

So us peons who have our largest lot size as a village or town are required to work where we live?

Pardon me, your Majesty ;)

Mykll likes this.
  16. enderandrew

I think we're starting to attack each other as opposed to debating a concept.

I don't hold it against people that they've been rewarded for helping fund the game. That funding makes a better game for everyone. No one has said people will village deeds are peons.

mbomber, Fain, MagiK and 1 other person like this.
  17. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

You got that Right I am Royalty and never forget it. :) j/k Seriously don't take that as real. It is how the game...and some times life works :) But it isnt worth getting wound up in real life over. It is a game, you got what you got and will have what you will have. There were never any sure things.

mbomber and Lord Blackthorne like this.
  18. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

If the game works like real life, I say burn it! Burn it!! :mad: Hehe.

I play to escape, I really hate when RL creeps in at all. I cross over into New Britannia and head into my mage tower to craft some potions to find... bills?! What the heck... *looks into mirror*... D'oh! It's just me... wth... Guys, I think we have an RL leak here somewhere. :eek: This is soooo not epic.

Worst. Gaming session. Ever. ;)

Elay and Cassandra Corax like this.
  19. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Knight Marshal gets a Town lot, not Village

DancingShade likes this.
  20. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I do work from home! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.