Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R35 Lot Deed Raffle ...

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by TarrNokk, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

...failed again.
    How can it be possible that I don't win a deed in R34 with 12 PoT raffle tickets and in R35 with 10 of them?
    Instead I see people on the list that won 12 and 16 deeds? This is kinda obscene. I wonder why you let people win multiple property deeds while others don't have even one. Furthermore I wonder about the many goldpieces that one must have spent to win 16 deeds. Maybe 300 for each 5k gp = 1.5 Mio gp. How can one farm that much???

Hermetic, Snikorts and FrostII like this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I believe one of the big winners spent like 1.5 million gold... :)

Knightguy likes this.
  3. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Yea Engineer spent that much in POT tickets, so you can see why buying 10 tickets vs 3000 tickets can cause you not to get anything. Next raffle you can only win 1 PoT and 1 Anywhere so you may have better odds then

Kabalyero likes this.
  4. uhop

uhop Avatar

The RNG strikes again! "It is a normal random fluctuation. But if you tried million times the result will be fair!"

Knightguy likes this.
  5. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    I never played the raffle before as I am not usually lucky. This time I thought oh hell have a go, so I bought one ticket for a pot and I could not believe I won .

6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Sorry you didn't win, but this is kind of how lottery's go sometimes :(.

As we announced, we are changing the rules for the R36 raffle to be more equalized here.

Black Tortoise and Kabalyero like this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

Just bad luck I guess, I had nine POT tickets and won a row and a village deed.

8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I spent a large portion of that and got zero so perhaps they spent much more.

Kabalyero likes this.
  9. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

That is something that would be said if true or not. It serves to discourage people from buying small numbers of tickets and betters the odds. There is really no way to know and next time the big buyers will simply get friends/guildmates to buy tickets and obtain more than one.

10. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

The change to the next raffle will discourage it though. Buying more than 10 costs more than just flat out buying the low tier deeds. Even most high ticketers I've talked to said they don't plan to spend more than 100k this next raffle.

Adam Crow and Snikorts like this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Engineer also posted details.. 1.5mil gold.. multiple people.. bought lot of gold for real money..

10 tickets isnt very much at all in the big picture.. especially on what was the raffle with the least amount of prizes.

But read patch notes.. they are switching any future ones to 1 win per person..
    So altho some of the same groups will win ( 10 people with 10 each instead of 1 with 100) .. it wil seem more spread out.

Alot of the multi winners represent a group of people who pooled.

Adam Crow likes this.
  12. VasKalCorp

VasKalCorp Avatar

Another fine example of PAY to win.

13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Another thread on this? I got lucky on two of the three lotteries, I have a total of 12 tickets, that covered ALL 3 raffles.. you don't have to spend much at all. :p Just gotta have luck and not be so negative! :) These threads don't give you luck, after all! Better luck next time! :D :D :D

Adam Crow and Black Tortoise like this.
  14. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I play bingo sometimes and there's several people who buy 10-15 cards and don't win week after week. Sometimes others buy one or two cards and win. Unfortunately you can't guarentee a gamble. I had like 15 tickets the first raffle and I only won one POT row deed...

Adam Crow likes this.
  15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Except.. you know he put a massssive gamble and had a chance of getting nothing.

And hardly pay to win, as .. ive said before, housing is a luxary.. and not actually relavent to your actual skill or ability or strength in game.
    Really housing lets you not run out of a bank, which is nice.. but you can definitly play without housing.

Does him spending 500 dollars make him stronger? Did he get some kinda boost your not able to get? Can he now kill that dragon and you cant? Meh its hardly pay to win to pay for cosmetics. And the raffles been adjusted soo *shrug*

Adam Crow likes this.
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Engineer was expecting to win more than 16 deeds with 1.5 million invested. I would not have been happy to win 8 rows and 5 village with that many tickets. Seemed like pretty bad luck to me.
    If your goal was to win a row lot, you could have just bought one with the 50k you spent on tickets. This lottery was a big gamble compared to the first 2, next time do your homework before investing. 10 tickets to try to win 1 of 150 deeds are really horrible odds even if a lot of tickets weren't sold. And obviously a lot of tickets were sold.

Fister Magee likes this.
  17. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I don't complain about having bad luck at a lotterie, that's the nature of things.
    I complain about the failing system that allows single players/accounts to hold a large amount of tickets and grab a huge amount of deeds while others get nothing. In my case I spent 100.000gp for 20 PoT Tickets and won nothing. I needed long time to get that lot of gold to spend it for raffle tickets and I wonder, how the heck can anyone get so much ingame gold to easily spend 1,5 Mio. But as I now understood it's a pay 2 win. not my game.

18. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Doing homework? I just play a game and don't do a college degree. I have seen a few row lot deeds on vendors but all are at 120k+

Adam Crow likes this.
  19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Adam Crow likes this.
  20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It's not P2W.. my experience shows that clearly. You can cling to that if you wish, but you'll have a bad time! I agree.. it is not your game, if the housing is considered p2w for you... and I guess with my 4 deeds total from all the raffles (and I'll rub your nose in my 12 tickets total, again), I'm winning and everyone should just stay home! :)

On the other hand, I actually figure that the change to 1 deed per raffle per person, will make it more 'p2w' (if you must) because then its all about alts... and these people who can pool together 1.5 mil are going to have a lot of accounts with real humans behind them, or more alts... but it is what it is.. and as stated before, I'm only buying 1 of each raffle (FOR EVERY ALT I OWN!) next lottery due to the change! Dev's gold sink is gone? :p

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.