Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R35 overall weaknesses and missed opportunities

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Vagabond Sam, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Hmm, aggro seems to work fine here.
    I can hold the aggro on dragon, daemon etc. without any issues.

I see very often people saying aggro isn't working.
    Maybe i missed something, can someone explain?

2. Vagabond Sam

Vagabond Sam Avatar

I'm lower level then the tank in our group and with the agro gaining skill and the higher damage he does, the ticks on fire dots will pull agro.

My elemental does far less damage and even as I strip a mob of half health in a few seconds they won't switch agro.

Sometimes these situations have opposite outcomes.

Maybe your group has stumbled upon the truth behind the mechanics because they don;t seem to follow common rules for hate tables in many games

Mykll likes this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hi @ll,

i'm playing for 3 months now, buyed a lot of stuf with real money, 'cause one of the main features to me is immersion and roleplaying, housing, decorating etc...
    I'm Adv Level 55 now and i don't want to go into detail about all the points that was made already.

I just want the developers let know that as a casual player, who's playstyle is far from "grinding" something and far from playing "effecive" or want to become elite, not even want to solo a troll e.g. it's nearly impossible to develop or earn gold.
    I believe it always should be group content to fight boss monsters. My Guild is going to "farm" Bones from the Boss Monsters for the bone armor - its' boring, 'caus it's no challenge, because there are more than one char who can solo it. I have no XP Bonus, i just have costs for reagencies, if are fighting. I feel wothless to the Group and i am worthless, the whole group is worthless, beside the fact, that they can kill it faster and more often in a shorter time to "grind the bones". I#m not going anymore to "raid" something, it's no immersion, no challenge, just a math for effectivity and progress for all one is worth.
    That is not what i understand about playing a game!

I have very much problems to get gold and develop my character.
    Besides i don't want to be an elite player who can solo everything, i want to develop of course, want to craft my gear by myself or want to sell what i've crafted to other Players and make some plus of gold to purchase things i'm not craft for myself.
    I play as a full mage, using two wands, Air, Moon, Water and Life Magic.
    I pull, icefield, maybe blink away, Ice Arrow, Air Damage spells, blink away, Moonbeams, try to seperate one or two from the bulk of foes and try to get them down without pull another mob.
    I farm my Mandraken Nightshade and Garlic for myself, but Need to buy the other reagencies.
    There's only one scene in the whole game to have a plus of gold.
    I tryed to farm Owls Nest Mine 3 times to make some money, but that is not playing the game for me, if i logg into FM or SP go into a mine and harvest for hours.
    Other mines, Graff, Etceter... i cannot stand and die.
    I'm also not the type of player who want to rush through a scene to the endboss like many players do in Hilt Fortress - it's killing the whole immersion to me.
    Just to clarify i want to develop my character and i need gold to do so, to buy develop crafting skills, to preserve equipment etc... etc...

There's a lot of players who grind their ass of and destroy every balance.
    Economy, PvP, PvE...

I don't know what to do best, but maybe just cap the efforts that players can make in a row.
    I ever want to do PVP in such games, but it's never balanced, it's allways grind > skill and
    equip > skill.
    If you haven't time to farm 12-16h a day and do effective grind, grind, grind you cannot participate in PvP
    or you just will be cannonfodder.

and if i hadn't a lot of help from other players who craft me gear and helped me out with gold to buy scrolls or regancies i would still hang out in 2 Skull Areas.
    I can deal 3 skull areas, i can deal some 4 skull areas too and it is a good challenge, but beside the Serpent Spine Foothills i would make minus gold, because of costs.

I like to go versus undead in this or that very well atmospheric Scenes, but i cannot, because i just ran out of regancies and won't earn enough to fill them up, although i can produce 3 of 6 for 1g each.

I don't know what others do, i know what some harcdcore players do, they just choose from what's "effectice"
    but i cannot Play like that and i want to Play my game like i want it.
    and the only thing i complain about is, if i do so i'm not able to make a progress and not able to develop my character like i want to.
    It's Alpha, Beta whatever you call it, please find a way to let casual rolplayers Play the game ineffective, but still have a chance to develop and earn some gold to just survive and not want to become a super hero.

e.g. maybe i am wrong but i see just people who are grinding their ass of and already have one or two lots winning lots from the deed raffle.
    Who has gets more, who has nothing gets nothing.
    If you build up an elite community of rl rich People and/ or People who spend the whole day ingame to grind,
    the whole game is a waste to all others.

I love the game, because of atmosphere, housing and a lot of possibilities, i love it's no themepark and easy leveling. It should be as hard as it is, but it lacks to give people the feeling of getting further their aims WITHOUT grinding, but 'playing the game' like a casual player plays.
    Not allways effective, not 24/7, not to progress at any price, but still have a slight Progress and character development possible.
    To me it's not, i'm forced to go to this one Scene with the halberd bandits and farm, farm, farm, to survive, to craft, to develop me and my place ingame.

If i miss something, please gimme a hint what i can do else, but please don't tell me to go to Deep Ravenswood or Etceter or a place like that, i just cannot stand it.
    I want scenes or possibilities to earn money - e.g. why i cannot sell my farmed or cooked stuff to NPC Vendors with slight Profit?
    500 from the Oracle is a nice bonus, visiting towns is also a nice bonus, but you sure don't want to tell me i should go visit every single town to make some money, besides thats possible one times, but after that???

thanks for your time to read this

have fun - stun

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Okay to complete this...
    I rebuild my deck and take out some damage spells, cause they force me stop moving and kiting my enemys with icefield, moonbeams and blink.
    Now i just use chainlightning and discharge.
    As lang as i can Run around, slow the enemys and blink away for a chain lightning or otherwise discharge while surround them i am much more effective and be able to manage a bulk of enemys.
    Dont wasting reagencies to Mobs i cannot take down to the end, because they were too much.

A little offtopic, but i refer to my Post elsewhere, so i want to complete that, cause i rebuild my deck yesterday.

But still dont want to farm too much and maybe this plus of Gold is possible in every scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.