Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R36 Combat Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Beaumaris, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Fighting in 5 Skull Area:

1. Melee mob hit points seem to have nearly doubled. Pros: like it in general as it gives more time to work through glyphs. Cons: I notice them not doing tons of damage to me (without the most awesome gear) and it can feel they take a little too long to kill now compared to ranged/magic mobs (I actually thought one was creating a yawn effect for a moment). The right balance may just be a few less hit points for me.

2. Magic and ranged seems to be tearing through me a little more. I actually thought these were pretty good at that before, with plenty of incentive to kill them first. Not sure they needed that a bump if they got one.

3. I am finding it harder to identifying archers and magic wielders quickly enough when they all pile on me at the same time with melee mobs. When they group up really close together on me, the mob names can be hard to differentiate quickly, and targeting is still not exactly the easiest in this game. I'm dying more simply because I cannot pick out damage dealers in groups all massed together on me quickly enough, while the melees being harder to kill makes this a deadly problem if I am on the wrong (melee) mob. This is causing a bit of the 'frustration effect' after it happening a few times.

4. As a melee character wielding some magic, I've taken a little more interest in defensive glyphs because of the changes. Which is probably a good thing for combat in general.

Experiences so far at least. Cheers!

uhop, Budner and Knightguy like this.
  2. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Some melee have more like x4 in some areas.

3. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I used to hold my own in Graff mines, now it's 50/50 if I defeat just one mob or it defeats me. Something was seriously tweaked....in a bad way. On top of that, increased repair costs? I've got to sit this release out. :(

4. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Yea the more I keep playing this release, the less I want to play in general :(

discipleofweb, Koldar and Beaumaris like this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This is my feeling after a few hours with the new combat as well.

Combat feels more challenging, yes, but added hassle seemed to be offset added fun, on balance, where I was playing. I started seeing it as a "Quintuple Whammy" - Not one thing, but a combo of 1) mobs taking longer to kill + 2) chasing me farther + 3) piling on me in greater numbers, + 4) bunching making it harder to differentiate melee vs. ranged mob name plates to target + 5) while interrupting me more making me more helpless in crowds. Repeated deaths in places that used to feel fun now felt more about being caused by unbalanced ganging on me, vs. anything stupid I was doing (except showing up in the scene in the first place). Not sure that is right, just the perception I started to feel as I played an area I was very familiar with.

If the intent was to make 5 skull areas harder,, that's probably good for the game. But not what I thought the intent of changes was exactly. Maybe the answer is to go farm four skull areas again because they are now more fun?

Calling it an early night and logging, holding out hope for that tomorrow!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Koldar and Knightguy like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im not really struggling but i think the best bet would be for people to step back a skill in difficulty and go from there.
    Hell do a 3 skull then work way up.
    Not like loot tables r done. maybe 5skull IS ment for 120 skillish to clear now.

Fungus likes this.
  7. Kliirkast

Kliirkast Localization Team

Same for me... If only the XP had been scaled the same way...
    But stepping down to 3 or 4 skulls scenes means a lot of grind again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.