R36 is coming and you only have a few days to prepare!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

Based on some of the topics brought up in the R35 Postmortem about R36 which you can look at here:

(starts about 2 minutes in from youtube starting point)

I wanted to make sure folks that had not watched this dev production understood some of the impactful things that are coming this next Thursday. Even as I was taping and editing this video, some folks on DEV+ were expressing their concern that players that were not part of DEV+ or did not pay attention to last week's video may be caught off guard and cry foul very loudly with out some facts.

This video is part of my ongoing video collection, where I do give candid opinions, some positive, some negative but mostly in an effort to try to help new players learn the various systems.

You can find the link to the listing of all the videos which are listed chronologically with the most recent first as is the playlist.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...videos-and-random-informational-videos.54050/

I am working on getting my latest video posted to this playlist and updated on this forum post but for now here is a link:
    (keep in mind the big hits are at the beginning an ending, the middle is mostly finding recipes now and later)

Don't get caught with your tailoring scissors in your pocket or your cubit measure behind your ear!

2. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

quote: "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!" (Sorry, could not resist :) )

Lace, Numa, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Came for a brace yourself meme.
    Left disappointed :p

Lace, Leelu and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  4. ship2

ship2 Avatar

so grind for mats, grind for skillups, now grind for recipes too. Grind is not much fun.

5. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

oh crap! where do i buy obsidian armor and weapon recipes?

6. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

[​IMG]

7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

For those of us more inclined to read, is it possible to bullet-point those things you mention? I watched a lot of the original postmortem and am just trying to remember what points you were referring to.

8. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

When I got those,they were obtained in the same mine where you could only craft the armor and weapons,which was in the Hilt mines.

9. meadmoon

meadmoon Avatar

It's not just that. IMO, we should not see the Dev+ forums, since we can't view the contents anyway. The reason I say this is that people don't do a great job of titling their posts so some can appear quite alarming to a non-Dev+ player and we have no way of validating the context. Just this morning:

And so it begins with Gift Boxes!

Increasing coto repair will ruin player economy

I have no way of knowing if these are new, incoming features, suggestions, complaints, or whatever...

Players are going to make assumptions and probably not the assumptions you want them to make.

10. mass

mass Avatar

<Sigh>
    Suggestions to Devs:
    1. Please balance in the direction of hardest to easier. Making things harder after they have been easy gives a permanent time advantage to those who play a lot during early access.

2. Dev+ forums: It is my understanding that the paid access to Dev+ forums is to allow those players to provide focused feedback on new content to have greater input into the game's design; not to give them an informational advantage to prepare for these types of changes. Please allow everyone to view Dev+ but only allow those who paid for it to post.

3. When you introduce new content, use the new ruleset you intend to implement for that content. In this case, when you recently released a bunch of new crafting recipes, they should have been non-discoverable and followed the new rules. The old ones should have been grandfathered in. This way, everyone has the same opportunity.

When things were being wiped every release, you could do whatever you wanted to experiment. Much more care needs to be taken with changes given the game's persistent state. New rules should typically only effect new content to prevent disparities between the players of last week and the players of next week.

11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Obsid recipies are free anyways.
    Thank god they making eternal gear not a thing anymore.

In a nutshell. do a last coto repair on ure gear before patch as afterwords it will either cost more n more cotos to keep repairing same items.. or some other kind of penalty.
    This will stop peopel from being able to use 1 set for 6 months with no penalty. thank god crsfters might have some kind of market, and icant run my god mode gear when farming greens.

This is step in right direction finnallly.

Kona and Lace like this.
  12. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Slightly off-topic, but the real objective should be to make the game more fun and therefore attract and retain more players.

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I can only say that this shows exactly why this is such a terrible idea.

As it stands now every player out there is learning every recipe they can, buying others . . . . and in the end those who either miss out for one reason or another will be forced to pay thru the nose to "learn" them from player, who will take advantage of them, or pay even more for the end item, or just plain say "screw it"

It is something that if they do not set the slate clean from the start is a complete and utter JOKE to implement after all, players will have already learned them.

And the excuse that you paid for it blah blah blah is Moot, you signed on that the game is in development, bite the bullet make the hard right decision for once and players be damned. They already paid for the development up to this point what is the loss? But I doubt very highly they have the gumption to make the "hard right" choice. Those already strong and powerful enough will overcome a set back quickly enough anyways.

You will never bring in and keep new players if they have to pay older player for everything they might need or want. n e v e r players are not going to stand for a game they have to pay others to even stay in the game.

Sorry but devs - ITYS on so many levels to start out slow and make thing difficult, as is it now al you are doing is trying to reset some balance but end up only - keeping the "rich (strong)" richer and new players or casuals inept.

14. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I think they said the recipes learned until the R36 are not teachable nor reteachable. So, there is no players who will take advantage of this to teach those recipes and ask gold coins for that.

Their only big advantage is this : as they already have learned the recipes, they won't have to pay for those which are not discoverable (some will still be discoverable after the R36). And the recipes which are not discoverable can be bought at the usual store.

I'm not fan of this new system but, imho, you don't know what you are talking about.

15. mass

mass Avatar

I thought it was suggested some would no longer be bought in stores but come from drops instead?

Hornpipe and Duke Avery like this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Correct. And through quest rewards etc.

Moiseyev Trueden and Hornpipe like this.
  17. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

This is another in a series of changes that, in my opinion, give the impression that too many things in this game are "after-thoughts" and too many mechanics/features, etc. are cobbled together without a clear path or goal (knee-jerk reactions in a lot of cases). Too many exploits were allowed to develop/continue and many benefited from them either directly or indirectly, and after the changes were made to prevent further unintended benefit they kept their xp/skills, etc. In my opinion the game is reaching a point where, like it or not, a wipe needs to be done again prior to release...now go ahead and flame on.

18. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

All the recipes in game can be bought for a whopping 250 g ( 10 bandits )
    Or found ( obsidian.. accidentally found every recipe for it.. its not hard ).

Good. Add some challenge to them. Maybe make the hard to find ones, able to be sold by adventurers. ? sure ill sell u obsid set of recipes for 250g each. why not?

Lota crafters can make money by doing nothing but crafting now. ( growing, fishing, crafting, cooking )
    You can rent my green house. Make a killen if you have 0 interest in adventuring.

Lets not exaggerate. recipes are 250g and so far only * hard ones * sre in a 3 skull. lol. long as they keep them off the add on store im fine with it. ( not deco ones, could care less bout that, but gear )

craftymethod likes this.
  19. mass

mass Avatar

It's surprising given the years of experience of the dev team.

I wonder if they could wipe everyone's craft skill book?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Doubt it.
    Im sure allowing the people THAT fsr ahead to stay ahead will do less dmg then loosing ( and im willing to bet ) 60% of their base.. right when they need a base to build off of.
    A wipe wont happen. nor should it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.