R37 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

So it's been a while and I figured the R32 Land Rush status spreadsheet was overdue for an update. I did a full pass of all NPC towns and PRTs.

When I started this afternoon, there were 3,004 claims. After updating, there were 2,975 claims.
    - NPC town claims dropped from 2539 to 2523
    - PRT claims dropped from from 465 to 452

Perhaps the drop was due to decay or movement into POTs, which are not accounted for here. That census is currently maintained by @NRaas here:
    https://goo.gl/GLFT6K

R37 Land Rush spreadsheet:
    https://goo.gl/rLQy0P

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Is a 1% change significant?

My God! If this trend continues, ALL the NPC towns will be COMPLETELY EMPTY by July of 2056!!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Time Lord, Lyndoman, Snikorts and 7 others like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

How many of us will still be alive by 2056? Gotta dope some spice melange now!

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol well perhaps some are moving to POTs. I never claimed in a NPC or PRT town and we have people come and go, but it is not necessarily because they leave the game. Making a town that draws people is fun and will give the best results. And also when we launch and get more population it will be so fun. So for now to me it is like a practice run. I try to see what I can do in the town for town fun, like music center, pvp arena, obstacle course, altho that is being started over and as we develop even more will be possible for town owners to create things that draw player to towns. Also the stage area and gustball and so much more like town created quests etc. Giving people good access to what they need and want, all in one place and doing it creatively. ;)

Time Lord, ManaPlow and CatherineRose like this.
  5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

I moved my castle from a PRT to a POT ... I still have a row and a town lot in NPC/PRTs (respectively).

...but I expect that most of my lots will be in my POT moving forward, though I currently plan to maintain the PRT/NPC lots I have.

Time Lord, CatherineRose and smack like this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

Thanks for including the link to @NRaas POT survey spreadsheet @smack - forgot about that one. He has 2107 POT lots listed but no publicly available count on how many are claimed. There are indicator marks though on how much activity there seems to be in the POT and if many or few lots are available.

Time Lord and smack like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The numbers she lists are the claimed lots... What she doesn't have is how many total lots exist in the town. I could see this becoming a very cumbersome bookkeeping exercise for her if she were to include that information.
    I'm not sure what she considers to be many or few... or why she treats reserved lots (R and R-) and openly claimable lots (A and A+) differently... In my town all the lots are reserved because I wish to know who lives in my town and they me prior to them taking up residence... I have about 55 row lots and probably 25 village lots unclaimed in my town currently, with 40+ now claimed. I'm listed as an R... If my lots were publicly claimable, would that be an A or an A+? I don't know.

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Being able to change the entry points of POTs was a pretty big upgrade for them. That might explain some of the movement. I think there's probably also a lot of people that won deeds in raffles that placed and then picked up because they couldn't or didn't want to pay the taxes.

Still very surprising considering how many deeds were given out though.

Time Lord, smack and Numa like this.
  9. Numa

Numa Avatar

Thank you for the clarification Rufus, that explains why the count was low considering how many POTS there are. Most POTS seem to be barely occupied now, one with 30% lots claimed I'd already consider to be fairly active.

She does give weight to towns which make an effort to decorate or make the layout more distinctive. I get the impression that she's doing this all on her own though hence the use of quick indicators (open doors to indicate activity etc). It's a very complicated survey so I find it understandable why these are used.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Absolutely correct... and she likes it that way. She's refused offered help.

Time Lord and Numa like this.
  11. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

A bunch of them are simply expiring right now. The last and biggest groups to claim land during the land rush took their turn in late August, and those people generally have claims that expire at around 4 months. So here we are 4 months later and 'For Sale' signs are popping up all over.

If you want to jump a good NPC lot without paying an RMT person for the space, now is the time. ;)

12. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

NPC towns are boring. Way better things to do in POTs.

Time Lord and Rada Torment like this.
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Preach is actually selling a tax free vil lot in Brit fields because we are so, better set up in Dawns Keep. Lol

Time Lord likes this.
  14. ManaPlow

ManaPlow Avatar

Just want to say that it's awesome that this sheet is being kept up to date. I know it takes a lot of time to do, so CHEERS to you! :)

ps just snagged the row at Xenos for the next update. ;)

Time Lord, Hazard, smack and 2 others like this.
  15. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I've updated the Land Rush Status Excel document for all 39 NPC towns over the past few days. I still find this document very helpful when wandering around New Britannia, looking at real estate.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Time Lord, Spoon, K1000 and 3 others like this.
  16. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I don't think any meaning was placed on the data in the OP, it was just data being presented. No opinions. So the reaction here seems a little off and overplayed. Isn't it funny how the way we react to data reveals nothing about the data necessarily, but a lot about ourselves?

Thanks @smack @NRaas for the very interesting data.

Time Lord, K1000, smack and 3 others like this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

Thanks @Gregg247 for keeping the list up to date! I'll probably do another full round of updates in the next few releases.

19. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I've updated most of the PRTs, as well. The only ones I skipped were the PvP ones and PRTs in South Paladis and Drachvald. Hopefully, someone who spends more time behind those control points can check up on them.

Time Lord, Kara Brae, Spoon and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.