Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R42 Combat, Heat and levelling changes.

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

My feedback for r42 heat updates;

- i strongly recommend that for combat, pvp sake the whole concept of locked abilities be removed from the game ASAP, in return better control of alternate hotbars and abilities, a decent combat system, improvements to the glyphs system.
    - reworkings for several (minimum) combat spec trees including Tactics, Focus and what ever else is possible (this is already ongoing I presume)
    - ability leveling is completely out-of-whack, in general grind has basically been 'introduced', driven by fear that the game will fall apart if players access higher ranks too quickly. Large scale changes in combat balance is a given fact that it's going to happen. This idea that you don't progress your character until you complete a quest or kill a monster, followed by changing your deck to one which you spam until your pooled experience empties. It's ridiculous. ( a better system would, for example, allow a player to simply hit (target dummy equivalent) to slowly improve at weak skills if he/she so desired.
    - lack of decent AI and monsters handling makes many encounters areas overly predictable, lack of objects in game to offer things like cover, hiding..
    - I maintain that Sota would be far better off to even the playing field of player's powergap (and ability gap) introduced by difference in long grinding states (by either giving players more skills initially or lessening the bonuses of ranking).

Basically I just spent 2 hours trying to level some of my sub 20 skills which ended up as a complete waste of time.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

While I do like the locked glyph design, I do find that it's way too cheap to spam. It allows me as a healer to not be entirely stranded waiting on the limited heals that I have that have any sort of decent range. Without that sometimes I'll sit there with a 19 card deck, 9 of them being heals, I get maybe 1 every 15 seconds.

I can't really say much regarding how that affects PvP though as I'm just a healer, but the ability to spam a heal can be very valuable at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.