1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R45 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I didn't think it is a thing officially, but perhaps since they can count deaths of players via PvP, it shouldn't be hard to tie that into guilds and make some pretty charts.

Mykll, 3devious and Obsidian Tempest like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's a thing since release 25

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Where is this "short list"?

4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

You learn something new every day. It's too bad they haven't taken advantage of this to drum up some participation. Even some kind of official-but-manually-pulled weekly standings.

Koldar likes this.
  5. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

@DarkStarr I consider the tames to be out of balance with regards to several factors. Their effectiveness in compared to the investment. This is comparison to the Spell casting schools. Spell Casting schools have summons with more utility and better meaning. The other aspect of the Spell Casting schools is you are raising your attunement in doing so. Taiming does nothing for your character other than allowing you to tame creatures and summon them with buffs. The investment of time and materials going into a taming a creature does not warrant their flimsy nature. At Adv level 70 they more or less start to become useless. at Adv Level 90 they have no use on the battle ground due to the NPC's hitting for half their health due to lack of scaling. This cannot be considered balanced as they are not even close to being viable in end game content. Secondly the focus drain for these creatures is un-reasonable by far. If the combat ability and durability of a Tame was made viable at higher levels. I would say that i could live with the focus as is. Unfortunately i've stopped using my Bear or Spider due to them being completely ineffective in the dungeons that i hunt. The scaling could be fixed with adding attunment to the taming tree which increases damage mitigation and damage or what other stats that would make the pet viable in high end dungeons. If your intent is not to have these pets being viable after adv lvl 70 then i would gladly like to know if i should un-train my skills.

Mykll, Moiseyev Trueden and Solazur like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think it'll get more use when they make tech so it only flags the guild members to the other guild rather than the whole world

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Spoon and LoneStranger like this.
  7. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@DarkStarr please consider...a craftsperson.

8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

:eek:

o_O

:(

smack and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  9. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

There already are: the healing potion recipes require corpse wax!

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

THIS WAS.... THE END!!

[​IMG]

11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Summons are way under-powered compared to pets for combat effectiveness (even with massive levels put into them, there is no noticeable difference and attunement for summons does nothing). Agreed that pets need to be more useful, but so do summons by a long shot.

12. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I always thought that was just part of the fun of PvP. SOmebody RP's a bad guy and does exactly that...and then loots your kill on top of it.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Bummer. :(

14. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I seriously question if being on the wrong end of that is fun for .....anyone. Certainly it's not fun for large amounts of people as evidenced by 25+ years of gaming history.

If it were fun, why don't we have anyone standing around in PVP zones waiting to be ganked and looted? Before someone shows up to tell us how much fun it is...I'd like to ask for evidence that they're on the "being ganked and looted" side of the fun. :)

I'm all for having "bad guys". That part is fun. But if there's no way to hold them accountable, if there's no way to walk around in a pvp zone and be on equal footing...that's not fun.

Mykll, Numa, Moiseyev Trueden and 2 others like this.
  15. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

B b but.. FULL LOOT!!

*ducks*

lol 'twas just funnin

16. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I think it can be. I think for that to be the case though, the game has to make it clear what you're in for from the beginning. If you come into a game, expecting to be competing with other players. Sure, that's fun, PUBG is a good example of this. It's a purely PvP experience, everyone knows it going in, a good time can be had by all (and those who DON'T enjoy it, know to find another game before wasting anything on it).

The problem is, SotA has promised those who don't want PvP don't have to deal with it. This means that you have a playerbase who wouldn't have joined if it was PvP only. Even those who would have, are not prepared to do it because they came in with the expectation that's not what this game is really about. We've had a number of discussions about how PvP can be made more enjoyable for many, but ultimately, because of that promise, the options to fix it are highly limited.

Numa and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  17. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

You obviously do not have a high level summon / attunment. My water elemental doesn't hit hard at all but heals me for 120's every 6 seccond. I believe that to be far supperior than a bear / spider. In addition my Elemental is smart enough to not stand in melee range and get cleaved to death. The other great part is Elemental's are expendable.

So again i am going to have to strongly disagree.

18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'll stop responding to PVP discussion after this one point - so as not to derail the thread further.

But for the sake of the devs reading this...
    This is a common comparison that's made, I think, incorrectly. The difference is significant. PUBG is engineered so that PVP is equal. No one in PUBG is out in the middle of a field picking berries or grinding up levels. It's a game designed for people to have an equal chance of success. It doesn't have anything to do with play-style. If PUBG randomly selected half of the people to be gimped with the goal of killing the most monsters and the other half of the people with the goal of killing players, that would be more what we have here in SOTA right now. That wouldn't be any fun in PUBG, and players would either quit the game or restart a new game until they got selected for the fun side that gets to kill off the gimped population of players.

Tiina Onir and LoneStranger like this.
  19. Womby

Womby Avatar

"Cryodacry: Will you make a Mouse lock feature for keeping the mouse cursor inside the game window. This is particularly important for people with multiple monitors
    Yes"

For me, the ability to quickly move my cursor to the other monitor is a godsend. Whether it's having a full-screen SotAmap, or Discord chat, or checking my email/Twitter/Reddit while mining, having to ALT-TAB to do that would, in my opinion, be a backwards step.

20. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

@DarkStarr Maybe I am not developed enough to experience what you are describing as one hit territory. The raw damage out put of Polearm does not even come close to that of swords or blug. I think your worry of Polearm being in the one hit territory is a little misplaced as Alphaine has now hit for 1400's with Blug. As for a high max hit target value. This only applies to Charged swings which are almost never used and auto attacks. As for the abilities of polearm like Pull and Push. For some reason they hardly hit 2 targets due to the reach of polearm and the underachieved ark that these abilities try to swing at. This is extremely odd when you compare them the ark of auto attacks.

If all polearm abilities hit 2 targets and some of them hit 3 targets i think i would have less of a grip and could see your point here. As for the Damage i just don't see what you are seeing. I am rocking 201 str and my highest hit is 279 with a crit. I am not sure What @Sara Dreygon highest crit with 2h sword is. Though a lot of hunting with her has had me see quite a few 400's Admittedly she is pretty much 140 on the Main abilities of sword. But her ability to crit is probably 2x more likely than if she had polearm. Polearm with out a crit is like waving a wet noodle on a big stick. @DarkStarr I want to love Polearm and i have made it a trademark of my character, but you make it really hard to accept my gimpy state. Especially with the bug's related around polearm in PVP.

[​IMG]

Numa, Moiseyev Trueden and Solazur like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.