Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R47 is awesome

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Just wanted to provide a few quick points:

1. I think the changes to night vision are an improvement. I would however like to see more of a situational difference between torches, light spells, and night vision in the future.
    2. It's a change that requires adjusting but I like the new gathering chance icon being in the middle of the screen. Well done. Don't let people that freak out over small changes keep us from making small changes.
    3. LOVE the combat changes that went in this release. Especially the changes to avoidance, glancing blow, and not being able to stack a lot of the buffs. Well done, Chris! This makes our game more balanced. Please keep this up!

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm a huge fan of the new blink and corpse explosion casting on ground icon thingmyajig.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm indifferent here. What I don't want, however, are the negative effects that some people keep suggesting (like blinding you if someone uses sun magic). Night Vision has enough drawbacks and adding such negative effects will only ensure that nobody uses it.
    I really hate it compared to the original. I absolutely don't want more crap in the middle of my screen. In fact, I would really love to have a way to turn off that stupid reticle above my head while leaving the target reticle.
    I agree here. I know some people are not going to be happy but it's for the ultimate health of the game.

K1000 likes this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Also the loading times for the most part has dramatically improved.

I've only tried a few scenes and a mine. Still, it's very noticeable.
    Kudos!

5. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

A lot of good things this release for sure. I do not like the emphasis on critical hit damage. I think this is a recipe for disaster as it overly increases spike damage which is never healthy.

End game is pretty rough at the moment. Good and bad to be had with that so we’ll see how it pans out. I think boss mobs are able to hit too hard (and then crit crazily hard) compared to what our realistic damage mitigation is. Basically it feels like they were balanced around the fortify defense bug.

K1000 likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What Fortify Defense bug?

7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Fortify Defense gave the crit immunity without needing to be crit before. It is now fixed. You only get reduced crit damage taken if you get crit first. Problematic for some things that them critting you is enough to one shot you lol.

Barugon likes this.
  8. Nomalice

Nomalice Avatar

I'm more inclined to wonder if some of the people posting in this thread actually play the game.

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I sure play probably more than 40 hours a week.. and I love it

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Looking at the names in this thread, I'd say they all have a very large number of hours invested each (I don't know about you though).

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I KNEW IT... kept telling people it was insanely broken.

Trihugger likes this.
  12. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Well over 4K hours myself...

13. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm still digesting this release. There were so many big changes that it's going to take a while to really judge it.

One thing I am sure of is that overall performance, and not just load times, is much better for me this release. I'm out of the country right now and playing on an old laptop that meets the minimum specs, but not by much. Normally the game is playable for me on this, but somewhat laggy, with lots of hitching, slow loading, etc. I expect that given the machine that I'm using, but right now everything is very smooth, which I consider to be very good news for the game.

Trihugger likes this.
  14. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Yep. Archers are terrifying now lol.

15. mike11

mike11 Avatar

North Midmaer Way is looking very nice now. A lot of brand new flora and fauna and stuff. The level itself seemed fairly plain in comparison to it's looks, IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.