Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R5 Impression - Great Work!

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Margard, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

They do give starting equipment. At least they did for me. Useful stuffs too, like coals.

So far, way, way better than R4 and I'm psyched to see continued improvement.

docdoom77, Sir Isycle and Kaisa like this.
  2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Overall I have to say that R5 is fun to play - aside from things I do not like and which I stated to death in other threads ;)
    It feels more and more like a game. I was wandering through this forest with the Satyrs in the ruins and it was really fun exploring this area and I was surprised by how big it was.
    Some road scenes need a little bit more work as they look not that detailed if you compare them to other scenes (like the forest). And of course the animations need tweaking and the collision detection etc. But we still are in Pre-Alpha ;)
    But overall it is a huge step forwards compared to R4.

Margard, Kaisa, docdoom77 and 4 others like this.
  3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I can agree to this. I was having fun killing Giant Spiders with Fireballs. Ha ha ha! Combat is still very clunky but it's working.

4. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

click the middle arrow thing to toggle between combat & tools bar
    I would like it to stay up though.

I didn't play much yet but I liked the lighting in caves, I couldn't get my light spell to work though. Starting to look like a game I could get lost in.

5. monxter

monxter Avatar

Having several different combat animations/abilities made a huge difference to me. It's been fun going out there and fighting. I like the new mobs as well - the new dungeon was dark and I liked the atmosphere, however torches could provide a little more lighting inside the dungeon. Speaking of torches and lights, it's great that we have day / night cycle and you can see people running around with torches... Who knows what lurks in those forests nearby.

Margard and Kaisa like this.
  6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I am really surprised at how much fun I have in the game. Just "cleaned" the Kingsport sewers and it was really exciting. Then I wanted to travel to another town, explore the world... But then the overworld map loaded and my mood dropped into a bottomless abyss and I was totally ripped out of the game... sorry, I can't get over the look of this map... it ruins the whole game for me :(

7. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

It seems like in this iteration you can only use those skills while engaged in combat. At least, that's how it worked for me. Makes light and heal less useful, but more functionality is sure to come with future releases.

I also enjoyed my 30 minutes of play last night. The new lighting is awesome and the graphics look great. I love how little "Ulitma" things were showing up, like the ankh gravestone.

Margard and Kaisa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.