1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R51 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

the free storage excuse also sounds weird to me... a container is a much better storage than a vendor... and if players use public vendors to store their things then it will expire and disappear... @DarkStarr

Kain Darkmoor, Dhanas, Katu and 2 others like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The only way in which that makes any sense is if it is not easy or possible to make public vendors work differently than commissioned ones.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yay! Thanks @Chris.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't see any such information in your Daily Work Blog. The only thing I see about Multi Shot is "Multishot also feels fine."

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Chaos likes pie!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Storage is already cheap in this game and it is a sandbox anyway. People can store things if they want. Why would someone with a commission -free vendor specifically use it for storage. that sounds like oh no they just have the bank and the vendor which is most likely not the case. I know I have the house and lot to go with mine and I do have room for lots of chests and trunks, and a basement too why do I need to use my vendor to store items?

What I put on my vendor are items that are for sale. Please don't make items I place on my vendor disappear. It is my business and should not be manipulated by someone elses thoughts on this. That is not someone elses call imo.

Numa and Barugon like this.
  7. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

If it is a true sandbox, why can't someone use a sandbox vendor for storage instead of selling stuff? Maybe someone wants to sandbox some dude holding their stuff than on some various container on the ground. And if you don't have a commission free vendor, your items will vanish anyway.

Katu likes this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If you've got a vendor, you've got a house. If you've got a house, you've oodles of storage. Why would you waste vendor space using it as a chest when you could just use a chest, which stores 100 more items, and doesn't require extra key presses to put the items in it/take them out?

That's like saying "sorry, my sixteen year old child, you can't have a car because you might use it for storage."

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ah, I see, the developers think we're talking about the Public Vendors! I think 99% of us are not talking about the PV's when we repeatedly as for this, we are talking about the vendors you put on a lot. It would be the strangest thing ever for that guy to be used as storage.

10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This is true, it would be exceeding strange to use a vendor for storage on your own lot when you can easily place a container. Hopefully, however, the number of new players will far exceed the number of lots in the game and 99% of players will end up using public vendors. :) If this doesn't happen, we're in trouble!

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  11. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Since I missed that Postmortem again (due to having to work almost all night long on a server migration project for a customer) even if I wanted to get the stretch goal items for my accounts in this case, I wonder, why Portalarium does not extend the chance to get into the stretch goal items to one week. This could be the week before the event or the week after. Would benefit both the players and Portalarium I think.
    Star Citizen does it's LTI sales of new introduced ship models also for one week. And they don't earn a low amount of money with that strategy.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

12. Albus

Albus Avatar

Just expressing some appreciation that all those questions (including mine) from the event were answered here. Thanks @DarkStarr! That is way cool :)

Sean Silverfoot and Ancev like this.
  13. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

When ?

14. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Being able to purchase store credit, or being forced to use store credit by a certain date or lose it (Microsoft did this on XBox) or both?

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Pi(e) is, after all, irrational.

Numa and Barugon like this.
  16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@DarkStarr, wherein I assuage your fears of players using the Vendors as storage.

PV, not as important in my mind because it is short term listings, but even there there are several arguments against worrying about people using it for storage:
    • Time sink: Click, click, type number, click. To remove, click, click. vs.
      • Bank: Drag and Drop
    • Not worth the danger of having an item destroyed, and having to set a timer to ensure that doesn't happen
      • It happening 1 time is enough to teach that this is not a storage location
    • Not worth the hassle of having to spend over 100g to use a scroll to go save your items
      • A single scroll can be sold for 100g on a PV
        • That 100 gold can buy you 10 more spaces in a far more convenient bank
    • You can only list 10 items on a PV, and so those 10 slots are precious
    One other thing to consider is the "Race to the Bottom." The PV's basically force this to happen, as you are paying up front and risking the item, so the player really needs to price below current market prices, not at price, and particularly not a bit above price.

Commissioned Vendors:

I think the cry for commissions to move to post sales is mostly about the personal vendors, not the PV's. I could be wrong, but playing as both a factory owning merchant and a new, relatively poor player trying to earn his first house with public vendor sales, the CV vendor listing pre-fee is terrible, the PV one not so much due to high traffic and turnover.

Commissioned vendors cost 20,000g so the storage argument is moot, a chest is 400g.

Players that want to run a business with them don't get the high traffic volume that Public Vendors get, so the product turnover isn't there, and thus they have to pay fees to relist as the prices of everything is usually trending down. This makes them very bad for their intended purpose, a long term vendor that sits on your property the same as a CF vendor.

I finally removed the CV and put in a CFV for the Dandy Department, because not having the ability to reprice items is too much of a handicap to make the CV's worth using.

17. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Yikes, I've been accumulating store credits for quite a while for any upcoming big purchase I may want to make. If it "may get phased out eventually" where does that leave people with lots of dollars tied up in those store credits? Are we going to be forced to buy COTOS to recoup the funds?

**Edit - Or is it a situation where they will no longer be sold and we will be allowed to spend them down at the Postmortems?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Tiina Onir, Kara Brae and Mykll like this.
  18. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

Currently the head points where your camera is facing, I thought this was intentional?

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Please do not remove store credit. During some postmortems, this is the only thing that I want to purchase. If you remove it then there will be times when there's nothing that I want to purchase.

20. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

It appears that this might have been fixed since the telethon. Prior, that wasn’t happening. More testing needed.

Spoon and scroda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.