1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R51 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Early Winter

Early Winter Avatar

Does the crafting specialization mean that Avatars need one more char or accout to make a fully enchanted and masterworked weapon or armor in the future releases?

2. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

It sounds silly to buy a vendor at the house merchant for 20K and use it as an container on a LOT. I guess the very most player buy a vendor to sell or buy things. The current non-CF Vendor is more a thief as an usefull item. Even when someone want to change the prices, because raw material prices are changes, the vendor wants it 10% without selling something. Most vendors i see are CF vendors because the non-CF are not competitive at all.
    The current system leads to unmaintained non-CF vendors... Unmaintained vendors are nothing else as containers at the end.

May you can do it as follows:
    on add item for sell: vendor get the item, the 10% and 10 gold (eg: price: 20000 gold, player have to give 2010 gold + item)
    on remove item for sell: player get the item and 10% of the selling price (eg: price: 20000 gold, player gets item + 2000 gold back)
    on add item to buy: vendor get 10% and 10 gold (eg: price: 2000 igg, vendor gets 2210 gold)
    on remove item to buy: player get 10% of the price (eg: price: 2000 gold, player gets 200 gold back)

The risk (to not get it sold) to list a item on a non-CF vendor is a little to high. And you do not want to change the price if you already payed as much for listing. Due to raw material price may one can sell a item for 20k and have to pay 2k for it, but raw material price are sunken within one month, so 20k is to much, now. To change the price, one have to relist the item. Taken it back and re-list it for 15k, that means the one has payed 3.5k sofar. But one will hardly do it, so the item sis listed for 20k until the end of days.
    There are items in game that are hardly sold within two weeks, eg. houses, high end gear...
    Even when you are capable to craft such items you will have a very costy experience to get them sold, except one have access to a CF vendor. Or is capable to easily pay 550$ for the smallest bundle containing a CF vendor.

However, the non-CF vendors one can buy from the house merchant should not have such a major drawback for selling items to other players.

For me, SC is a way to store value for higher investments. Not in every country it is advisable to get real money out of a game. That may be counted as income that one have to pay taxes for and have to start a business. As you have stated SC can not converted to real money, it is a game item. Currently bundles are not available in-game, except through SC.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

I lost over 100k gold when my missed my lot payment by a day, might have been ok if everything went to magic mover... but I just had to take my losses and can't afford a commission free vendor. I would really like for this to be looked into with some serious consideration it makes it super difficult for any player to put up items without spending real money.

Barugon, Tiina Onir and Spoon like this.
  4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

DITTO.

I'll go so far as to say time-delayed, sales-data (as opposed to posting data), anonymized to the point that I can't tell what vendor the sale occurred at would be an improvement. Right now at-least a couple of groups do vendor surveys to gauge market pricing (I'm in one of them). It's really time-consuming and mind-numbing. Just this much would let us run market-gauging much better. Integrating this data into my website would instantly become the most important feature addition to my list (where-as now we use the data internally, but don't post it).

While I completely agree with you, @Barugon (that vendor as storage is an "And? problem"), I think a better solution to the reshaping vendors thing would be to allow us to reshape our vendors without removing all items from them.

I look forward to seeing it. I really want to be able to integrate the vendor location data I'm working on collecting into the map, so people can find things quickly. Right now I'm listing the coordinates, but I think it's hard for most people to use that information.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

The "non-cf-vendor-pattern-problem" is only a symptom, not the cause. To reduce the problem to the patterns system, will not remove the cause existing there.
    There are not only CF and public vendors out there.

I am not a friend of such market-control-system, like price measurement and compare systems. They are people out there that are easy capable of buying a vast amount of resources and bring them on the market for a reasonable low price. This lead to a point that the average price would be lowered and that will tickle down the prices for this resources. Most of the traders out their do not gathering the resources, they live from the money between the buying and selling price. And believe that all the things coming from nowwhere. There is now difference between buying something for 45 gold and selling it for 50 gold and buying for 5 gold and selling it for 10 gold. Not for the trader that demands such information. But it is a difference for the ones that invest time to get the goods. I know pure Adventures will love the get-all-for-no-cost idea.
    I have already seen this, that one tries to bring down the prices for agriculture products, luckily the one is not in game anymore. And the selling prices are recovered to their old values.

Additionally resources are not distributed evenly throughout Novia. This is by design. That means some resources are harder to get in one region as in the other. This will give different prices for resource per region. The price-watch you are imagine will ignore this. This removes a game design element.

You may thing about the balance between the attention your site can get and the impact it has on in game mechanics.

6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Good news! We went over this at the leads meeting and we are moving the charge for Commision Player Vendors (not Public Vendors) to point of sale in Q2! Thanks everyone for all the feedback it really helped us understand the issue.

Uncle Sven, Elnoth, Hornpipe and 18 others like this.
  7. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Thanks, that someone looks into Commision Player Vendors question.
    My english is not good enough. What does this mean: "moving the charge for Commision Player Vendors (not Public Vendors) to point of sale"?
    Does this mean, you pay the comission on the LOT instead of the vendor itself? Since this is the Point of Sale. Otherwise stays the same? Or is it meant timewise, at the moment when item is sold or bought?

8. Nick

Nick Avatar

It probably means you only pay commission at the point where someone buy your stuff. This is only for the normal vendors that you buy from npc vendors.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Awesome! This will make a lot of people happy.

10. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

And be much more palatable for new players who are struggling to get by as it is. Great job listening to us Devs!

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Throw open your doors!

Let the dancing in the street begin!

This is really great news for people thinking about starting a shop or joining the game. It lowers the price tag by about 880,000g (if the price stays the same.)

This also makes the Commissioned vendors functional as an in game system. Up until now I don't think they were except in a very thin set of situations that I hadn't found yet.

I may even break out some of the Commissioned vendors I stuck in a chest a while back. I could use an "Garden Department" at the Factorium, and paying the 10% fee isn't a bad trade off compared to 900,000g, once I can remove items/the vendor, adjust prices, give him a facelift, etc.

Commission Free is always preferable, but the price is steep!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.