1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R52 QA Testing Incentives Program limited time Special Rares!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

In order to increase testing participation on our QA server for R52 we are going to temporarily add some very rare items to the reward lottery where we randomly reward 4 exclusive rewards (one prize per raffle winner)!

NOTE: Please focus your testing on the new content as outlined in the R52 post versus reporting bugs on already live content.

The rare items being added are:
    • Bug Sprayer Equippable with /bugspray emote that makes a green cloud
    • Insect Leg Table
    • Butterfly Chair
    • Corpion Chair
    These are in addition to the normal rewards:
    • 5 Gold Crowns
    • Ant Farm
    • Antennae
    • Bug Cloak
    • Set of Bug Paintings
    In order to qualify you must meet the following requirements:
    • Install the QA version of the game
    • Login and play on QA for at least 4 hours per release
    • Report at least 1 bug in the QA section of the forums
      • Note that players will only be submitted for the lottery once per QA cycle. Continued bug reporting will not count toward additional submissions into the lottery.
    Thanks Avatars!

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@DarkStarr
    The "one prize per player" line makes it sound like you are guaranteed a prize. Might want to make it more clear that qualifying enters your name into the lottery, where you might win one of the prizes.

3. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

YAY!

Keep in mind folks: While all bug reports are welcome and greatly appreciated, we LOVE to see bug reports for the NEW content that has been added to R52. Many check out the QA server when the build goes up, but remember this: we're still submitting various fixes until the end of the QA release cycle. R52 has indeed changed since it was first published to QA. Even if you have logged into R52 QA previously, I encourage everyone to get in there and test. :D

Thank you all so much. You guys are what truly makes a difference. You guys made Shroud what it is. And we are SOOO EXCITED for launch!

I'll see you guys on the QA server.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Well, he did say randomly :p We just don't want to set any false expectations that players are eligible for more than one. We're trying to keep it as fair as possible.

Also remember this is for a LIMITED time. That part is important. This won't be a regular occurrence, so this is a wonderful opportunity for everyone.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Delete this post of mine if you make the change.

Compare:
    ...where we randomly reward 4 exclusive rewards (one prize per raffle winner)!​

to
    ...where we add 4 of each exclusive reward to the prize pool! (One chance to win a prize per qualifying player)
    Also
    These are in addition to the normal lottery pool of 4 of each of these items

Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

8. Umgala

Umgala Avatar

I read the post without any false expectations being created. I do not anticipate any decline in my game play experience if the verbiage is not changed. Just fyi. :)

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Wana know what incentives would get more players to test things out - pixel crack is nice but abilities are better

1. give us some idea what to focus on

2. give us ability to adjust skillz (we do not need to test out grinding skillz) (( I will not go test things because in order to test most of the New content I have no chance but to grind for 10 - 20 hours to just get the exp to do it)) (( (Stick to your gunz but you are obviously losing testers, and quality testers)))

Need to change this ever so slightly to specify that specific release this implies you have to play 4 hours for all releases - semantics I know but . . . .

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.