R53 and still the health bug persists

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uosylence, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uosylence

uosylence Avatar

The health bug - where you can not heal to max health and the spread between your max health and the level you can heal to keeps growing as you fight more mobs is still here in R53. Its been at least two years that this bug has been in the game on and off. I would report it but its been reported sooooo many times.

Why cant a very very basic flaw like this ever get attention?

tomcat_de, Nib, Vrunk Hrrk and 8 others like this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yep, it's annoying. Add into the mix the fact that DR has been nerfed horribly for heavy plate wearers it's just adding insult to injury. :confused:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It's had LOTS of attention, trust me.
    They just can't figure it out.
    Kinda sad, tho..........

4. uosylence

uosylence Avatar

Really? Its such a basic bug - not at all hard to reproduce. I cant imagine they don't know how to fix a bug that is this basic. It has to just be a low priority - which is truly sad. Bugs like this ought to be at the very top of the priority list waaay before new content.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Agree

Sylence and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I think this is the first time I've noticed this.

7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

In a strange twist to the bug, I noticed in R52 that the health would go back to full after some time not being full. It seemed to happen when the sun went down and my Sun Strength (or whatever it is called) faded-- with HP's being higher than my night-time minimum. For example, 730/764 going down to 720/720.

8. eli

eli Avatar

yes i know of 3 ways to work around health bug: 1) bring your total health down below the bugged level by removing equipment/buffs 2) if you get your actual health down (negative on your meter), you increase your limit by however much negative you go. 3) exit to menu and return

also still present in 53 is nekkid time bug

9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Just had this occur in ulfiem sp? Leaving scene and returning got it back to normal.

10. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I'd venture a guess that it has something to do with buffs or debuffs being dismissed and not cleaned up properly. I get this bug non stop. Leaving the instance fixes it.

Widsith [MGT], K1000 and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  11. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Not that basic, since there are SOOOOOO many layers of code involved and so many different variables involved in different parts of the code. But for instance, you will get full health, only display it incorrectly and your water elemental will think you're hurt. But no, you will not.

What to do until then? Dismiss every strenght buff you have, switch to a "naked" deck and then back to the original (of course i would suggest you do this out of combat), wait until you're healed to full, rebuff and rearm. Don't need to dismiss food buffs.

There, fixed (at least without the need to relog).

Cheers. ;)

PS: And yeah, ultra annoying. ;(

Vaentorian likes this.
  12. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Agree, very annoying. Stopped bug reporting it a few releases ago.

FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  13. Thorgred

Thorgred Avatar

Should not be a problem for "Game Development Veterans" with more then 20 years of experience to fix a display bug that exists for more then 6 month

Sylence, Jens_T and FrostII like this.
  14. Dirty Deeds

Dirty Deeds Avatar

Im very annoyed with this bug, are they not capable in fixing it? Its way to long...

FrostII likes this.
  15. Sir Leonard

While i would agree, i am also a 20 years veteran myself (actually 25 of experience in coding now =P) and found some very nasty (and minor) bugs in complex systems that just refused to go, soooo.... just don't know anymore.

Retro and Hornpipe like this.
  16. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The thing is, this bug has cropped up more angrily from time to time, but we have gone through whole release cycles in the past where it was virtually nonexistent. At one time we thought it was quashed. I appreciate its not necessarily a simple fix, but we've seen a lot of other changes (nerfs) surrounding buff behavior, castability, stackability, etc. so it would be nice if the basic functionality was given some priority.

Jens_T, FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Very true....
    Good documentation and modular code makes "bugs" easy to track down.
    Nuff said..........

Gorthyn likes this.
  18. Sir Leonard

Lol, Unity is C# based pal, so i can guarantee the code is "modular" enough (whoever use this word yet, since pretty much everything today is object oriented).
    Problem is, there where some "bugs" (and i knew of them) that turned out to scale to be even in the engine layer, hence "difficult" to find since Portalarium do not have too much control over it.

As the guy up there stated, there where already many changes that eased the appearance of this bug, but seemingly not all conditions where found (hint, some of them in the past resided in how rounding number where done by the game's math engine - i remember). I'm not saying this should not be a priority, but given this is a "minor" - altough annoying - cosmetic issue, it won't affect your gameplay THAT much to stop the entire team and allocate them all in the efforts to solve just this one... there are plenty of bugs that causes more severe issues.

I know i seem to be the Devil's advocate here, but I assure you I am as much annoyed as you regarding this. But this is something you can easily work around (as I described above), so this is a glitch that should not be such a big deal at the moment (specially if your play style doesn't include changing decks and gear all the time).

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Retro likes this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Did you not see where this particular bug has been around for a couple of years ?
    Apparently not.....

20. Sir Leonard

Did you read what i post before i started quoting you?
    Apparently not.....

[edit]
    PS: Anyway, i won't stay here engaging in fruitless discussions with you guys about this anymore. Already gave my PoV and tried to help whoever felt anoyed by this thing. Feel free to have yours.

Later.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Retro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.