1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R53 Livestream: Sales & Stretchgoals Changed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

This. All for the metal crossbow... but um, bows need more love.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

My original account is back from r36ish (no idea what date that was now) but you imply that one must be pretty much first backer to use more bow models than the one that looks like an cut out from plywood?

Think any game, and there they would tell people "As long you are not an first backer your sword will always look like cut out plywood"

That would go down sooooo smoooth right?

MrBlight likes this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Hunt around player vendors some sell off earlier rewards they no longer want/use.

4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Thank you Sir but it would disturb the symmetrie!
    And it has become more for me than the spoiled telethon reward
    I feel that bows need an serious make over.

We have two types of wood to choose from with modifiers (If one is serious two types of bowstaffs period)
    Two types of strings (Leaving aside the ridicioulous elven bowstrings coming from scrapped elven bows at 14 per 1000 bows scrapped, at grandmaster with obsidian potions and what now)

I think we bow users have shown the patience of saints regarding our shoddy bows.

I will poke prod and badger until we get more bows (and patterns to choose from than unatainable stretch goal and silly low drop rate for patterns of not so sexy looking bows) or until they decide my money is not worth the hassle and ban my account!

MrBlight likes this.
  5. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Now consider an sword user with something that looks like an plywood cut out and tell the person to "hunt around" for an item that will be priced 100k gold or more so they can have something else than an plywood cut out looking sword.....

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I recall that in one of the livestreams, somebody mentioned that the dev who creates a lot of the models is a sword nut, and often makes them in his spare time, which is why there are so many variants. Though, that doesn't account for the lack of bows in stretch goals.

7. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I do not care what flavour of nut he is, the choice (i loose that term loosely here) of bows for the "common user" in Sota is disgusting (I try to be polite in choice of expression)

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

No. I am just delivering a pice of Information.

9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Sorry, too many here have cultured the attitude that it is your own fault to not be an early backer as soon it is about having a few nice things too (like an non plywood bow).
    I am all for that sota rewards such, but it is now at an point where it becomes silly, I mean the normal user has the same model level 1 to 100, at best an pattern for elven bow slapped on (and they are so rare it is nearly not an option)

I wonder how Sota team thinks that it should work out longterm with an "rich minority" lording the shineys over the unwashed masses...

I would expect three or four "common" longbow models by now depending on level of the user.level of the bow, something to look forward to as soon growing out of the newbie areas.

I do not know exactly about the crossbows but as faar i know it is worse, they do not have any pattern than the ethernal opnes from rewards...

I consider it pretty depressing that Portolarium manages to make an complete game but beside swords all weapon models are pretty much the same first standard one.

I mean, i can be glad that i am not forced to wear the same armor from level one to the end...

10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

As I stated earlier I agree we need to give some love to bows and I will make sure it happens. Really no need to keep posting over and over about this. Point is made. Really.

11. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

Store towns need some love too. Theres lots of guilds and players that would love to buy a town in the game . ...sadly there are none for sale...so we who joined after 2016, we dont deserve the chance to buy a town in shroud of the avatar ?

12. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

They stopped selling towns not because they don't feel new backers don't deserve a chance to buy a town, but because of town saturation in the game.

In future episodes they may open up more, but the limit was not on time, but in number of towns. If you want a town of your own you can get them via a governor who no longer would be using theirs, I know of a few available right now so it's limited supply, but there is supply.

13. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

Ok if there is supply and you know there are available sell me a holdfast ill pay double store price. Will wait your pm. (20 min later still waiting pm )

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also as mentioned in the past new player owned towns will most likely open up for sale with the Kickstarter for the episodes. We have at least 4 more episodes coming which allows lots of time to plan out and save up for your own town one day. Episode 2 will be here before we know it. Imo what we need before then is the current systems upgraded before we start to add more maps and land mass such as fishing, agriculture, and much more. Please @DarkStarr what is happening about fishing?

15. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

When is episode 2 coming and you know for sure there will be more towns for sale on store then ?

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

They have stated in the past that is when they will open them up and why would they not player owned towns and housing was why this game exists at all. The little bits of armor and housing deco etc on the store certainly were not the reason. It is all about land purchases in this game as in Star Citizen it was about Ship purchases. Episode 2 is not funded yet. That is why I believe this way along with past conversations about it and I've been here since 2013. ;) As to when it is happening we don't know exactly In the past it was stated yearly or every 18 months for new episodes and the countdown for episode one is now on.

17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

If you look at Lord Andernut's avatar, he doesn't have a green top-left corner. That means he's not online. I wouldn't expect him to respond to you if he's not online.

That said, he has brokered countless account transfers and has a very solid reputation. If he says there are POT's available, then there are and he can get you one.

Have some patience and wait for him to come back online and I'm sure you will have a private message in your inbox about it soon.

18. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

Of course ill wait. What other choice do i have ? Instead of going to the store click a buy town button and finish the story . ...I got to wait either for an episode 2 that none knows when will come , and hope there be towns listed , or for some old player that doesnt charge more then double for a store town ( any more then double i see it as a rip off and i wont entertain such offers). The difficulty of it all its what puzzles me . So you dont want to sell more towns on store and give new players a chance to own a piece of Novia..how about creating some means to bring town sellers and buyers closer together and i dont mean that thread where you post and hope someone messages you back when you grow old..somewhere were i can actually see towns for sale and click a BUY button.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Or use our mail system and send him a note. This is our wonderful system for contacting offline players. I use it all the time. Like yesterday I had to take down a vendor because I had to take down a spare lot I had to make room for a resident in town who had upgraded his row deed to a village deed and since the town is full Wizards Rest had no room for this upgrade. So this meant the vendor I had up had to go down for a while and the other player I had given permission to use the vendor was offline. His items were going to go back to his bank and truly it could seem like a slap in the face in the past before we got our mail system which of course I had not intended and since I will replace that vendor on my Inn lot I did want to make sure he knew so he could replace the items back on the vendor. It is a pain in the butt but it is how it works when we take down houses and vendors, it can send players things back to their bank. So what we do have is a mode of communication that is awesome being that the very moment a player comes online they will see that they have received mail and thus be able to see what has occurred.

If some do not know how to use the mail system it is really very easy to use. Just go to a bank building or use your own place-able mailbox (which are trade-able and buy-able recipes btw) and click on 'send mail', then add the avatars name such as me 'majoria', click continue, then add a subject such as 'plz help wanting to buy a POT' then imo add your name also since we don't have sent mail info that easily. A lot of times I type to 'player name 'from majoria also just so they have a record of who sent the mail. Also you can write a note, a book, a flyer which allows players to hang up the note on many surfaces not just the bulletin board ;). So now just drag your letter or more information writing to the body of the mail message and click 'send'. You can also send most in game items by dragging them to the body of the message and you can even send gold. Ok not just for you Daxxe Diggler but as a reminder to everyone to enjoy our mail system for many things and as a way to contact offline players too ;)

discipleofweb likes this.
  20. oplek

oplek Avatar

Yeah that's not happening. They allow RMT, but they're not going to conduct it. I'm surprised they even have the market forums.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.