Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R74 QA performance issue

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Sentinel2, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

1. Title: R74 QA performance issue
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100% so far. Depends upon the scene.
    3. Blocker? Depends upon the scene.
    4. Details: Several scenes I noticed FPS was an issue. Dropping to as low as 5fps.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Etceter for instance, FPS dropped to as low as 5 fps while on QA server. Other scenes it improved greatly. For instance, Deep Ravenswood was far better (30+). The experience wasn't up to what I've come to expect with R73. For example, Etceter fps drops to the mid 20's. If I wait about 3 minutes fps eventually will improve. I have load baking enabled and cloth disabled.
    6. User Specs: In tagline below.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Sentinel2, i believe this may (at least partially) be the result of the server qa is being run on: a lot of hardware has been swapped around lately and we've seen performance issues on qa tied to the hardware in the past. unfortunately that makes it hard to tell if the problem is (also) something code-related that will carry over into live.

Sentinel2 and Anpu like this.
  3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I wondered about that. I was hesitant to post but figured I'd give it a shot. I don't recall seeing the performance this bad though. Something was unhappy.

Hopefully R74 will still work out.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't think that your frame-rate has anything to do with the server, as communication between ther server and client is totally asynchronous. The difference in performance on QA is likely due to the Unity upgrade.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They were not able to do a unity update due to the undocumented changes to Linux with the update, so I believe we are still on an older build (if I’m recalling correctly)?

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

An older build for Linux.

[edit] And that's only if they weren't able to fix the issues and had to revert.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they weren't able to fix the issues and had to revert. @Sentinel2 is a linux player. therefore, sentinel2 is not on a newer version of unity that could be causing performance issues.

Sentinel2, Anpu and Barugon like this.
  8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Yup. I recall hearing about that. Might be the reason things were acting funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.