RAGE POST! Stealing.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Saladid, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

WTF I was stolen from because i was PvP flagged. OK lets just talk about what PvP means Player Vs Player thats right im going to get REAL technical! Because everyone else picks stuff apart I will to! Pick Pocketing should be from everyone you dont get to pick pocket me because i enjoy fighting other players.... I dont enjoy pickpocketing why am I picked on. That isnt fair is it?

FIRST im in a player run town.
    player run towns can chose to be PvP or None PvP. Yet a None PvP town players can PvP in.

SECOND
    Im flagged PvP because i Like PvP i didn't know PvP stands for Player vs Pickpocket. Had i have known that i wouldnt be flagged PvP i would be flagged PK.... Player Killer <--- because you know that sounds less douchey?

THIRD
    ITEM WAS EQUIPT! I know you may be a good thief but if you are stealing something thats actually on me I feel that is a little over the top. Last time someone took my face mask off my face lucky I was looking at my own char when that happened.

If a town is a non PvP town, NOTHING PvP related should be able to happen in it except a duel. They have it that way because the have guards or mercenary or militia something that makes it NON PvP town. As for a PvP town where there is no law to rule the town pick pockets should go there or dungeons perhaps.

P.S. fix stealing items of a chars paperdoll make it just out of backpack! Ill still deal perfectly well with PvP in a none PvP town because you know... thats logical.

P. S. S. Also why do PvPers get singled out and targeted for pick pockets. This is not fair I dont care about that system at all in game, and because I like to fight with other players (that also have to flag to show they like the same) I now get a disadvantage and people can hide and take stuff away from me!? BULL$HIT!

Numa, K1000, Obsidian Tempest and 5 others like this.
  2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

3. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Just yell GUARDS!

wait... wrong game.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Tailz, Hornpipe, Rennik and 6 others like this.
  5. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

ROFL OMG.... Saladid. You literally just now, said on stream.

"Pick pocketers should be able to pick pocket from anyone because i find they they are targeting me because I am in PVP mode."
    Are you trying to kill me with laughter. ROFL!!!!!!!

Also, you need to maybe not flag while streaming? That would solve all your complaints

Net, 3devious, Black Tortoise and 6 others like this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And yet, while this is happening, another thread is trying to get pvp, therefore picking pockets allowed on world map. All I can say it, if your pvp flagged, this is part of being pvp flagged. Don't go afk flagged in an instance, and check your oracle once an hour if your flagged.

7. Lained

Lained Avatar

Read the player guide all the way through and then each release scan for changes in green that way you won't be surprised when game mechanics don't go your way.

8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Pick Pocket against players is a PvP activity. Pick Pocket activity SHOULD BE restricted wherever PvP Combat is restricted. Pick Pockets SHOULD BE flagged for PvP. Pick Pockets SHOULD BE able to be caught in the act, allowing you to take advantage of their PvP flag and smite them for their crime. Pick Pocket SHOULD NOT remove equipped items.

I'm not very familiar with PvP or Pick Pocket. But if all of the above cases are met, I would consider it good design. If any of the above cases are not met, they should be fixed. Pick Pocket IS a valid PvP activity and should experience all of the restrictions and benefits thereof.

Mac2 and Beaumaris like this.
  9. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

And that basically addressed all the points I made. If any of those are not as written, it's a bug. Enter it.

10. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

WE need a black market to hock those stolen goodies lol. And NO I do not pickpocket.

K1000 and High Baron O`Sullivan like this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Sorry fer yer loss little lady lol.

[​IMG]

12. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

That would be a bug. Report it as such.

That should be a bug. Report it as such.

Pickpocket is an inherently Player vs. Player activity. It is something another player may do to attack you. Why would you assume PvP is strictly combat in a game with so many stealth skills? It sure as heck isn't PvE. You gain the benefit of bonus experience by being flagged for PvP. If I went AFK in a PvP scene too close to an ankh and was repeatedly killed, resurrected, and looted people would claim it was my fault for being inattentive. Why is thievery any different from murder in this regard? Barring the above scenarios... when flagged PvP you need to pay attention and use caution.[/quote][/QUOTE]

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Best pick pocket story I've seen to date. And why pick pocketing is a great feature for PVP. It keeps PVPers from getting too comfortable with their prowess. Just what a good thief role ought to be able to do to a haughty warrior or mage.

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not a bug, but certainly not fair. pot town owners have the ability to force pvp, but they don't have the ability to forbid it. it's not yes/no, it's yes/player choice.

16. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Love it! Glad to hear pickpocketing is working as intended!

17. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I spent a few weeks testing the mechanics and this is an example (the belt was equiped). No one of these guys realized what they had lost, and this is an interesting fact to analyze.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  18. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

so you were flagged for pvp and complaining that someone took your stuff?
    I'm confused.

19. redfish

redfish Avatar

Seriously, though, I agree that the pickpocketing mechanic should be better, though I think the whole PvP mechanic needs to be better too.

I linked to my thread on a justice system, because I think when people consent to PvP they don't necessarily want to consent to all types of griefing. They want to consent to PvP, but not consent to be murdered, or not consent to be stolen from. That can only be solved IMO with some type of system that lets you put a bounty on the head of someone who commits a crime against you. With pickpocketing, that kind of mechanic would mean you could have a chance at getting your item back if its stolen from you in such a scenario.

The others are right though that pickpocketing does fall under PvP, so until something like that is in the game, people who flag are going to have to find ways to deal with it. It wouldn't hurt though if when you flagged, you were told the dangers not only involved being killed, but also being stolen from.

And, no, I don't think people should be able to pickpocket most of your equipped gear. Maybe stuff like rings and necklaces... maybe.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  20. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

cant you just pay the ransom and get it back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.