RAGE POST! Stealing.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Saladid, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Sounds like its working as intended to me.
    PvP stands for Player vs. Player. Pickpocketing another player is, quite sensibly, part of that.
    If you decide to flag, i.e. open yourself up to hostile actions from other players, then deal with the consequence.
    Your request to separate out aspects of PvP that you aren't interested in is just as reasonable as me saying I want to flag PvP for the xp bonus but don't want people to be able to attack me. That'd be awesome!
    Could the PvP system be better? Absolutely. But its all or nothing. Want to attack people? You're vulnerable to being attacked, or stolen from. That's how it works.
    Player own towns aren't exempt if you have the 'global' pvp flag "on" - that's how PvPers wanted it, so they can do their thing wherever whenever.

Bankee, Solazur, Rada Torment and 3 others like this.
  2. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

every point missed but thanks for adding posts to thread :-D

Much love!

3. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Doesn't matter if the town is non pvp. If you enter it in PVP you should understand the consequences.

4. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

there's no real sense of ownership if you cant lose it : )

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If you do not check your oracle for 2 hours after being picked, the item changed ownership to the thief.

6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Pick Pocketing is not PvP. It's one person using a pick pocketing skill vs success chance. PvP doesn't happen until they are caught. /dropsmic

3devious likes this.
  7. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Maybe some fixes are needed but in general the system is soft compared to UO or MO, the paradise of thieves :D

8. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Wow I mean they crippled stealing so much... and yet we should limit it even more? ^^

Maybe Portalarium should start designing their game-play items, when we can have more than 10 people in a scene ;)

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Ok just a question tho really...
    If you can't pickpocket PvP flagged people...who could you pickpocket?

10. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Plain and Simple , as horrible as it is, if you are flaggedand AFK you Knowingly or otherwise, Agree to the entailed risks of being Flagged. you cant come to the forums and complain how unfair it is , ( i mean you can but it wont change anything) I feel for you i really do Dude, it sucks being stolen from. i have been a victim of it but i realised me complaining wasnt going to solve it. i do agree that a new alert system of some kind to notify you that you have been picked.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

so let me get this right - you screwed up and went afk while flagged and now want to complain,

s
    o
    r
    r
    y

12. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

I've read much in the forums on justice system brainstorming, revamped pvp, etc. lots of good ideas here. Not sure how complicated any of this would be to implement. Really nice ideas right here in the forums.

Proteus Tempest likes this.
  13. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

A successful Pickpocket attempt steals a random item or (stack of items) from the victim’s pack. Stolen items can be ransomed or surrendered by the victim, and claimed or returned by the thief, from the “Price of the Oracle” UI. Note that the Oracle UI does not identify successful Pickpockets. Worn/equipped items cannot be pick-pocketed.

Item equipped can be stealed so i guess its a bug or an error in that text. Also being notified from being pickpocketed is a part of the text chat option which is not clearly stated. Pretty sure most people dont have that pickpocket notice in their chatlogs. It should maybe be replaced in one of the visible, often used chat options like local, miscellaneous, or zone.

@Chris , @Attenwood

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Disarm Thief was my specialty in UO

Thanks for playing :)

15. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

+1 for this. This sort of thing gives meaning to PvP. At the least, I want Red vs Blue kinda culture! If not chaos/order factions, game guilds (fighters guild vs rouges guild...), player guild vs guild, and regional factions!

Its hard to RP PVP when people are not restricted from anti-social PVP behavior in any way. If they want to earn a sort of "dread lord" status, then it comes with consequences built into the game systems. Bounties, anyone?

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  16. oplek

oplek Avatar

Every time the concept of bounties comes up, I think of Eve Online. It's so easy to exploit that, by the time you've solved the exploitation issues, the system is rather pointless.

17. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

so, perhaps they dont implement it the exact same way?

Bounty hunting in UO was great, I RP'd a dedicated bounty hunter (as well as RP'd a dedicated murderer) on OSI UO for years. We have red vs blue battles on my UO server all the time, the last one was a "defend the fort" scenario. About 14 blues and 12 reds fought, the reds won, but each one that died gave up a hearty bounty.

18. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

The guy that pick pocketed you was also flagged PVP. Maybe you should of killed him.

Rada Torment and 3devious like this.
  19. oplek

oplek Avatar

I figured it wouldn't be identical.

I have a bounty placed on my head. I get a friend, and we go into a private setting. He kills me, collects my bounty, and we split it.

Are you okay with that? Or are you saying that bounties can only exist on the level of a guild-vs-guild or faction-vs-faction war? And individual interaction doesn't count?

Mac2 likes this.
  20. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Instead of having a bounty system we should be able to hire a mercenary (a player) that you choose carefully to fulfill the order. We could have a rating system that will give 1 to 5 stars after filling the orders. So if you feel it has been faked, you can rate 1 star and that guy is most likely not going to be choosen again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.