Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Raise NPC Reg Prices and Add Bulk Water Draws for R53

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Raise NPC Reg Prices and Add Bulk Water Draws for R53

Since refactoring of mat prices is under consideration, I'd like to suggest raising reg prices for NPC vendors so that Gathering and Farming regs by players becomes a viable business.

The other side of this would be to add an Agriculture Skill for bulk water draws, as currently the time needed to farm enough water to tend a proper crop is currently prohibitive.

The logic is simple, and I believe in alignment with the vision for the game:

Firstly- If you want to have a real player economy, then it is a very bad idea to allow NPC vendors to undercut what can be gathered or grown in the game. These items form the very foundation of a great deal of gameplay, and it is nonsensical to not have players as part of this ecosystem.

Secondly- It is much more efficient to go out and farm loot/gold, sell it, and buy regs from an NPC vendor, than to gather or grow them yourself. Even for new players.

For regs that can be grown, the time it takes to gather the water is ridiculously high. There should be a skill in the Agriculture tree that vastly increases the amount of water that can be farmed per unit time.

For regs that can be gathered, it is still so inefficient to actually gather them instead of buying them from NPC vendors, that most of my attempts to run a gathering expedition are ignored or laughed at. I don't think this is the kind of result we have in mind for an immersive RPG with a fully functioning economy.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    _Twilight_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.