Random Discussion About Chris' Daily Blog

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Chris, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I guess so, but I still have blink :D

I thought that you were talking about movement bonus, not movement reduction debuff, that said.

2. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Heh, Travel is supposed to be meaningful. It's already way to easy with stealth / fleetflute. This is not even taking into account coconuts or any other gear buffs. when i can run from Excter to Skrekk in about 1 min i would say that travel has lost it's meaning. We have become very spoiled with our ability to run fast. It's bad enough that almost everyone uses their friends list as a a teleport phone book.

3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Yea well travel is not supposed to be by foot either ... even hunter/gatherers societies had elephants to mount on..we have ..coconuts o_O

Mac2 likes this.
  4. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

and there is also Night step .... has a quicker CD than blink..... currently my Nightstep is a 3s CD vs a blink 4s CD.... at 120 Nightstep hits 0 CD. Whats even more potent about nightstep is the actual delay.... you can cast night step and start charging a spell while teleporting.

5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Thank you for the tips. The reason why I don't mention night step is that it make me close to the target, when I generaly want to be far away :D. There is something fun to try here with blink, night step and chaotic step ^^

6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

You could argue that you are not traveling by foot on the overworld map..... The scale of ground you are covering vs what your avatar can actually do is impressive. This goes back to saying that we all have gotten spoiled with the ability to run fast.

7. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Yea Blink / Night Step / Chaotic step all have the same range. Chaotic Step has a random range .... the only thing that is impressive about night step is the fact that it is targeted.... meaning it doesn't matter where the other person targets to blink / chaotic step. The only counter that i think might work to nightstep is Chaotic Jump combo .... but i am not sure on that one.

8. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Guess everyone is on the ''lets nerf stuff train'' ... i say travel on overworld should be easy and fast .. we dont want a new player spending half an hour on world map to go into 3 cities ...

Solazur, margaritte, Retro and 2 others like this.
  9. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

and I was having such a great time carrying around like 100 not stacked worms

Sara Dreygon, Chris and Mac2 like this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

How would you stack them? Don't they wriggle?

11. eli

eli Avatar

I have the feeling blink range is reduced proportionally when your speed is reduced. At least, when i've tried to use it to get out of crippling movement effects, it seems like i can only go half as far. (blink at 90, use it an unhealthy amount)

12. Mac2

Mac2 Avatar

oh but don't you know, time sinks are fun, we should increase the time of doing nothing, I love paying to do nothing, its great *sarcasm*.

FrostII, Daxxe Diggler and Elrond like this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

@Chris dotn forget about the Evasion skill int he light armor tree!

Hornpipe likes this.
  14. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

half and half on this.

personally I think that the map should be scaled up or the player scaled down to make the world feel bigger, BUT only if we get many new instance/ encounter types(think civ goodie huts, interesting stuff to encounter not the same ones we have now).

but if we are not going to get them things then yeah make travel as painless as possible rather than a boring time sink where there is nothing to find or explore.

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  15. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

The best part is whining about how your pet, Squirmy, has been kidnapped.

Alley Oop likes this.
  16. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Oh noes, you didn't lose squirmy again, did you?

Tsumo2 likes this.
  17. redfish

redfish Avatar

Travel (and everything that comes with it) is the only thing making the game interesting at the moment.

Otherwise, its just 1. Go to scene 2. Grind 3. Go to bank. 4. Repeat.

Sorry, but its 100% true. (Or you might be a social gamer, in which case you should try to play solo, and in which case you'll soon realize how great it is map travel exists)

At any rate, I travel everywhere without speed buffs. Its currently a negligible amount of time. Its probably faster than ideal and people can carry way too much before they're overloaded and teleport anywhere anyway and its nothing to whine about.

Only thing that bothers me is loading screens and sometimes crashes, which I regard as separate issues.

And yes, there's so much more that can be done with the map in the future, but its good right now IMO.

Hornpipe, Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
  18. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Remove the overland map and connect every scene together like it was in ultima online, We didnt have loading screens in that game just zone lines that loaded in a second as you crossed them.
    It would give reason to having lunar rifts and would give meaning to travel, perhaps even make the regional economy people keep talking about.

Does anyone remember playing Everquest and the distance you travelled in those zones to get places?
    The overland map looks great however...... Is it needed? really?

Tiina Onir, Vaiden Luro and Beaumaris like this.
  19. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

interesting.

20. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

"Just checked in change to make all skills return 100% experience on unlearn. This will likely stay in effect until right up to release."

@Chris All skills = crafting too?

Solazur and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.