Random Discussion About Chris' Daily Blog

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Chris, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

FWIW my unlearning of archery isn't a rage unlearning, it's a "yay I can respec for free after spreading myself too thin!"

Looking forward to doing the same with some random other skills next Thurs.

Rada Torment and Brass Knuckles like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Hmm.. Either magic requires words of power, or it doesn't. It sounds like more of a lore issue that has to be dealt with than a practical issue of tactics. Maybe the lore can be negotiated with, but it can't just be ignored. Though, its possible there can be other ways in game to reveal hidden players.

Run speed, do people mean the normal movt speed, or sprint spped? Seems fine to me, movement across the map is already pretty quick, I dont think it should be quicker (for a lot of reasons). Light Armor has some skllls that increase it. The only thing I don't like is you can't be naked and use your light armor skills. It makes no sense and leads to weird situations where your armor breaks and you can't Sprint anymore, and because you're not wearing armor, you go slower.

Numa and Hornpipe like this.
  3. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I'm curious as to what you mean by "spreading (yourself) too thin." here. I mean... unless you have literally tried to get over 80 in every single attack skill in every single melee tree, I wonder about spreading yourself too thin. Perhaps if you're like a level 110+. If you're under that, I highly doubt your have had a chance to spread yourself too thin the way this game works.

4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

@Chris for balance issues you might want to consider the maximum movement speed capped differently maybe depending on armor. Light having the highest value and heavy being slower.

5. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Ya sure... I mean wop don't need to be shouted.. or do they?

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Im assuming they need to be audible though?

Shouting seems to me more the distance your barks are visible to others / picked up in the chat log.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It's a time thing. I don't get much adventuring time because I'm running the factory and stores. So by having in the 90's in both Polearm and Ranged, I've made myself considerably weaker than if I'd just spent them all in one place. So now I am moving those points over to Polearm.

Sean Silverfoot and Nikko like this.
  8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Understood. Time is quite an important and valuable asset...

9. eli

eli Avatar

Hornpipe and Antrax Artek like this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

What if the Words of Power stay the same, but the animation and effect look like casting another spell (say "Light"), and then the light orb "bursts" and reveals those nearby. If they pay attention to the WOP, they can tell, but if not, they'll just assume someone is summoning a light globe. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  11. eli

eli Avatar

you can already cast any ranged damage spell and reveal a hidden person. This works much more effective since, with fire bonuses, you can get 50 meters +.

at that range nameplates, let alone wop, don't even render.

12. oplek

oplek Avatar

In a sense, you could. It happens for 20 seconds if you try to quit out now. It's just that your avatar would be standing there.

In another game, if you were aggro-flagged, even if you logged off, you'd still be in-game, and attackable, even in safe houses. This made aggroing players something not to take lightly (also given that it was full-loot PVP).

13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Aye... and as a tanky warrior I have two speed buffs to counteract much of that speed.

I'm wondering how much faster an archer should be than me with berserker and a wolf speed potion or fleet flute...

Numa, Hornpipe and Spinok like this.
  14. eli

eli Avatar

20%? Which would be achievable with the current innates and a slightly biased sprint power (which sounds like it will be the case). In my opinion, the disparity should be over-comeable with deft usage of e.g. the moon sneak up behind skill, ice arrow, hamstring, or the polearm pull, or blink.

Numa and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Ya but what if you don't necessarily want the other player to know that you have pinged them?

Unless it's not "working as intended" reveal hidden does not always break stealth entirely.

16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I agree but if u do this please fix the mage wearing heavy armor and 2 wand thing at the same time.

I mean if ur gonna fix things based on whats logical get both ends of the spectrum.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What are the modifications? Did you update the document?

18. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Sounds good. Dex only gives crit chance rght now (nothing about dodge, as the description says). Something new to dex would be awesome, and dex can be lvled by all players, not just archers.

Numa, Hornpipe, bigta1982 and 2 others like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And only at the price of 10x the experience of normal skills!

eli likes this.
  20. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

In this context nothing would be changed... Disabling shot will be still fundamental for archer + blink.

Sara Dreygon likes this.