Random Discussion About Chris' Daily Blog

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Chris, Apr 5, 2017.

1. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Do you not see what's just completly wrong there?

[​IMG]

Vladamir Begemot and FrostII like this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

*facepalm*

Elrond, generally i more or less share your points of view. Hence i am having no big interest in a conforntation with you.
    But you must be joking, right? Connecting industrial farming with what people have been doing in SotA for years now is of course a creative way to justify this exploit.

Non the less i will tell all those people here that are now arguing against the change what exactly the same people told the progress players back in the day about the contoll points when the changes came: you had it a long way coming folks. It was and still is obvious that the system wasn't intended to function the way you use it. Deal with it.

Vladamir Begemot, FrostII and GrayFog like this.
  3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I do but you need to learn to make the difference between something that is wrong and needs to be fixed ..(like make these bushes smaller so we can actually see if they need water) ...and something that is an exploit ..there are other ways to fix this without blowing away the whole stacking system ... for example lower the efficiency more and make people do more seed/water rounds to result in same amount of time as if you were tending on a normal unstacked farm.

4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Oh so we call it now "stacking system" like it was a planned feature o_O

FrostII likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Avatar

When I saw your image, @Elrond

[​IMG]

I did a search for it and found it at Wikipedia.

Here's part of the description there:
    You suggest that your current "stacking" should be allowed, but what you're forgetting is that vertical gardening such as in your pic, ALWAYS includes some form of artificial lighting - since it would NOT work without it. ;)

Get Chris to implement Kobold grow lights and we've got a deal. ;)

But please don't insult everyone's intelligence by saying the current (no supplemental lighting) "stacking" should be "accepted" . :eek:

And this may be the first time ever I've been on Chris's side on much of anything. o_O
    And I'm sure Chris would agree..... ;) Right @Chris ?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Witcheypoo and GrayFog like this.
  6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Oh i will definetly deal with it ( prolly gonna demolish my farms and thats that its np. ) ... Gotta ask though ... How many people quit after control points were fixed ? How many quit after brewing was '' fixed '' ? How many quit after meteor shower was '' fixed'' ? How many will quit after farming gets '' fixed'' ? I dont get why we dont learn from this stuff and we keep taking away stuff that people are having fun with . I understand some stuff need to be '' fixed'' to maintain a balance in the economy ...but release after release after release its just one '' fix'' after another.

Aeryk and majoria70 like this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Don't get me wrong though, if they find a good way to make this work, like special planting beds, a watering system, artifical light sources, the hell knows what, i am not against keeping it the way it is. If they manage to balance it with the economy.

Numa and GrayFog like this.
  8. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Id be happy with any kinda of lighting ..been trying for months to attach some lights inside my greenhouse ... without success... How come we dont fix that ?

Tiina Onir likes this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Avatar

How bout a street lamp or 2 ?

10. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I dont think you can attach those to the glass wall or glass roof of a greenhouse.

11. FrostII

FrostII Avatar

Seriously ?
    You'd rather not have a farm if you can't vertically stack your beds ?
    Are you selling your crops on the market or what ?

Witcheypoo likes this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Avatar

No, but put them at the ends of rows maybe ?
    Um, on the floor ?

13. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I dont use vertical farming as you can see in the picture i posted with my greenhouse .. i also consider that an exploit ( because half of them are buried in the ground).

..The farms i have are all horizontal but stacked on 2 and 3 layers with space between the planters ..

I need to pay daily rent in gold..need to invest time..lots of it which again equates into better spend elsewhere ...if its a choice between spend hours planting watering harvesting and pay rent to get x amount of plants or demolish farms and spend that time elsewhere make the gold and just buy the plants from other people...ill definetly go with option no 2 .

14. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

A vertical planter would solve this from both approaches.

15. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Indeed I’m surprised that such an exploit was possible whiteout someone reporting it and it is sad that people are trying to justify their wrongdoing as normal and not worth mentioning with the always same attempted explanations. :(

Well just think about it…without exploit user like yourself the price for crops might be higher as there would be lesser products on the market and you might still get the same gold out of a normal number of planting beds.

FrostII, Kain Darkmoor and GrayFog like this.
  16. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Not a chance 99 % of my crops are for my own use ..i gotta buy farmed goods from other people just to keep my town vendor supplied.

Also the price for crops is low not because of me the '' exploit user'' but because of the '' exploit NPC '' who sells you plants at a fixed price ...in neverending supply...thus the price for plants will never grow high enough to actually allow a decent profit from farming .

Jigger48 likes this.
  17. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I'm sure Chris is thinking to himself that this is another reason as to why we can't have nice things in the game.

I'm sure fixing the inventory stacking issue on certain items, NPCs shooting fireballs thru walls, why why character runs in place for no reason would also be a more important fix too, but a planting issue is more important right now. ☹️

Witcheypoo likes this.
  18. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

So i visited one of your farms.

As you can see in the screenhot there is only very tiny space for the plants to grow.
    Plants will touch and stick through the planting beds above once fully grown.
    Sure, now we could just scale all plants down and they will fit.

But that still won't fix the "logic" about no sunlight will reach most of your plants.
    As long theese plants aren't really supported by some artifical sunlight or with atleast an extremly slower growth rate i don't see why stacking should be allowed.

[​IMG]

Also, parts of some rocks in your stacking system are floating directly over a planting spot.
    How is a plant supposed to grow there?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sean Silverfoot and FrostII like this.
  19. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Cotton was a long time 6 gold coins each. The price is fallen to 4.5 gold coins each. Also cotton was never sold on a NPC vendor. Additionally when you use a commissioned vendor you make a loss selling it to other players. (100 cotton 450 gold = 450 - 10 - 45 = 395. NPC always gives 4 gold each cotton = 400). Currently the NPCs protect the free fall of cotton prices. And not the opposite. I am happy that Port. has added the CFV to the Add-On store. I hope they will add it to the Crown Merchants too. Since the CVs are knocked out by the ones who control the market.
    And if the do not realized that, then this is a sign of overproduction.

Without a demand there is also no economy / market. I am also against that NPC selling fruits at an infinite amount. All grow-able fruits should be removed (all online modes). But i am happy that NPC buy fruits, that sets the lowest possibly selling price.

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Maybe, just maybe, we could take this opportunity and kick off a productive discussion about a deeper and more complex faming system?

Numa, Aeryk, Jaesun and 3 others like this.