Random Discussion About Chris' Daily Blog

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Chris, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

The flaw in design that somehow neglects the item limits. Come on.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  2. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I guess people have to go through you before they do any Agriculture in the future to be sure you don't have a problem with it.

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Now you're just being completely disingenuous.

4. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

Understood they are God’s. But I’m going to PA my voices for the farming community. It’s about the farming QOL I’m fighting for.

Elrond and Brewton like this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

scrap the entire system them. As a quasi-casual I had a about 200 plants that I could manage on my village lot and it was extremely difficult to get them watered on time on schedules. This is another 1% system. The 1% people who play 18 hours a day have always had thousands and thousands of planters because they can. Like most SOTA systems its a grind based system that largely benefits people who can play all day long. Its also like most systems in the end a pay to win system where most hard core players of this game sell ornate based things to get the gold to pay for this stuff. Realize, no one can afford to plant 3000 mandrake every 2-3 days, most people have to sell sell sell either add on store ornate of telethon items from their dozen alts. I think most people dont realize that this is how the econmoy really is... and it is actually P2W!

I know this... without a doubt because I have been rich for the past 6 months selling off all my assets and thats how I have been able to afford to significantly raise my crafting skills. making 3K gold an hour in UT does not pay this. To boot, to enable these features you have to be able to say buy a PoT or a high foot location with commission free vendors and lots.

There is no doubt about this fact.

6. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Stacking actually helps casual players with small lots. You can plant/water quite fast and don’t worry about wasting time.

7. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I really don't understand how the playing 18 hours a day helps here since you are limited by the timer.
    I personally was growing tea because its a 72 hour cycle meaning I could water them at the same time every day. I could do this even if I only play for an hour a day.

8. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Someone here likes to read something between the lines i guess...

9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

The average casual player probably has a set time to play of say 6PM to 9PM every day and even that may be hard to hit due to real work constraints. This does not work well at all with agriculture (or farmville, I tried it, couldn't deal with it lol). Then that casual player would have to spend their entire 2 hours a day dealing with 4000 planters. Besides the fact that the casual person wouldn't be able to afford it at all (without going full P2W).

10. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Hmm...hmm..nothing useful to say at the moment :)

11. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Coming up for R59:

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  12. WindSilvermoon

WindSilvermoon Avatar

How I see the farming issue, I really really wish people would find useful and better suggestions then crying that something is going to be fixed and they don't like it cause they are exploiting a bug, or oh you didn't know about the bug and now your crying. The situation is this, the devs knew for sometime that green houses were broken, however the items were respecting item limits, and some of them looked rather beautiful and made an enhanced game aesthetics, so they allowed it under creativity and left it alone keyword is they "allowed it" (which is why no one is getting banned we should be happy), I'm assuming that this is where my gardens came in, I have rather bound myself with deco limits, and have not been able to put up houses i would like so I could keep my gardens up, that when in full bloom are rather lovely, in the green house, and I reported the bug to Chris in person long ago. Then came another group of people who found away to break green houses even more it breaks several different mechanics and it looks awful, minus one place which I really will hate see not be in the game because it is a beautiful garden done with Grape plants that are on their sides and it forms a wall, it is not mine but it is really a lovely aesthetic. So now the devs are going to fix it. We are crying why? Because they allowed us to do something and then like with all good things some had to take it to the next level and make it to where they had no choice but to fix? Seriously?? Now why not write suggestions to make the impact of the fix better?? IE green houses should have shelves so they can hold more items, like real green houses. We would like Planters that could be garden walls. We would like "___". I think if we as players stopped the fussing and came out with legit non bugged solutions the devs would be able to better incorporate the things that would make this game better. It starts with players being honest,and then showing a solution that doesn't just benefit themselves. If we want this game to work as a community we need to be a community. There are some lovely suggestions already that I hope @Chris looks at. @Greyfox, if the rich make sure that the game is better for everyone, so they too can be rich then there opinion might matter more then someone who doesn't play the game enough , or well enough to make gold like me and obviously you as well.

13. Azzamean

Azzamean Avatar

Not a lot left to cannibalize itself on...

14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

@Chris how about some tiered xp/loot areas ..based on the lvl of people farming there . Seen many posts with new players complaining about being hard to keep up with so called power players....or that the only way they can lvl is if they join UT parties ...Most feel its imperative they go to Upper tears if they want to progress in the game . And getting into upper tears means they have to find a group willing to carry them .

For example you could double or triple combat xp for alvl 50 player farming in a 3 skull zone and also increase chance for him to receive better loot like supply bundles so on ... To prevent exploit if the low lvl joins a party with someone higher lvl say 120 adv lvl the xp and loot remain as they are now with no bonuses . This way you can fill the maps with low lvl bosses that new players can kill ...allow them to have some decent loot ...also you encourage low lvl people to party with other low lvl players ...you can populate the maps with more monsters and have more content for newbies without worry about low lvl content being farmed into the ground by high lvl players . Im sure you can crunch some numbers and make it so an adventurer lvl 50 or 70 farming a tier 3 or tier 4 area can get as much xp as an 110 farming UT ...and of course once they reach a certain lvl they would need to move on to a higher tier area if they want to continue getting nice xp and loot.

More Bosses for low lvl
    Better loot for low lvl
    Faster lvl ing progress for lower levels.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  15. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

That's why I start the stream and Alphaine Academia to help out the new players as much as possible giving them the useful information by show, tell and demonstrate. Not many players can really do guide streaming especially in combat and survival in the game. It is still up to the new players to seek what they want in the game, I personally don't think the Adventure Level Is not hard to get nor gaining Exp is a big challenge , since every kill gains double Exp. There are powerful players out there helping the new players as well to build up the community. As for me it is my enjoyment to guide and help out. We should help to develop more players to be more giving if they really want the community to grow. I will always suggest to my new players tohunt where their level is, get use to their skill, and stop worrying on killing bosses for start if the harden skeleton is a
    Big challenge for him or her, learn from start, Crawl, walk, run and fly. I won't recommend straight go for UT for fast Exp and miss out all the important information during the early stage of the game, UT is a place when you know what you want to get for the skills and knowing your next goal correctly. Just my honest opinion. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Simplest solution seems like to make all plants take the same few days to grow. No time alwrations

Water once a day, have everything that gives growth rate bonus give a yield bonus instead

17. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Watering once a day sounds AWESOME. I wouldn't have to worry about the time coming up when I'm at work or in bed. I could actually get the waterings.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  18. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I will miss that one as well, creative and well done.

19. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Needa get these tooltips fixed tho, like chris' "daily" work blog. This has been a really long day.

Paladin Michael and Witcheypoo like this.
  20. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Chris, please start using your daily blog post again and these forums to communicate with us in addition to Discord. Thanks for your consideration.