Random Discussion About Chris' Daily Blog

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Chris, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Ancev

Ancev Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

Looks like the amount of planters for the elven greenhouses have been reduced as well? Still need to investigate, I'm getting feedback from my guildmates. They feel like they wasted 100 crowns on 4 elven greenhouses at this point?

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Avatar

The last time Chris made a post in this thread was 24 Aug.

3. Ancev

Ancev Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

ah.. can't place any planters on the top of them at all.. lame

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

He really needs to remove the word daily from the blog

5. Mac2

Mac2 Avatar

Plants seem to need a space of 4 between them now, its about the height of your toon.

6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Went into owl head sewers today ...had to leave after first 20 sec because first creature was of course UNDEAD mage ... and my death spells were basically doing no damage . Must every new area be Undead ? Whats the point of picking a tree we like to play with if all the decent content ingame is immune to it ? Tried some of the new dungeons all were full with ..UNDEAD .... Can we have next area developed without UNDEAD ?

7. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yea....that lich kinda sucks.

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Need to fix your links. :) Did you add a filetype to the end? (.jpg, .png, etc).

9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I dont mind the difficulty ..I dont like when my spells deal 10 damage with 211 intelligence ... either change the immunity system or deliver content that doesnt force players to change the play style they like.

Dhanas and Tila Tenderfoot like this.
  10. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

Story wise, the undead in there makes sense.

Something story wise is probably going to be happening, considering the vast army of undead now occupying every cities sewers.......

Numa likes this.
  11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I agree ..up to a point .. Upper tears - Undead... Lost Vale - Lots of Undead ... Krampus - Undead.. new Owl Sewers .. undead...just saying some area without undead for death tree specced players would be nice.

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Have you tried Ruined Keep? It does seem they could use the cabalists and barbarians and avatarists to flush out some high level zones that are not undead driven.

13. Purie

Purie Avatar

Yeah. I wanna burn dragon's with fire! :D
    and those filthy liches don't burn well either!

we keep following this line and we homogenize whole "class system" and soon we notice we're playing wow with different graphics.

This is why I don't like the specialization system. If you wanna play X playstyle like death. Ur useless vs undead if u use death spells and forces you to switch into skills outside ur spec. Making you less efficient/viable

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Chris i really liked your idea to allow POT owners to upgrade item count for decorations on their town hope you implement it.
    Would like to also propose a complete interface ingame or in store to allow smaller purchases like
    - Buy space for 1 more town building
    or
    - Buy 1000 acres

15. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I was just reading your addition and think it is a good one but I fear there needs to be some changes and a lot of dev-work. E.g. the absolute maximum is currently the municipality and I think you shouldn’t be able to buy e.g. more acres than the 102,600 m². So single purchases and the big upgrades have to be taken into account to not pass the max boundaries but you would be free to have a town with holdfast-status but the full 102,600m² by buing multiple m²-packages.
    I guess first of all for all possible standalone parts of the PoT-upgrade there must be calculated a coin value that is slightly more expensive than buying the PoT-upgrade package.

Village to Crossroads costs $600 = +8,400m², +1 NPC building, +65 various decorations, +2 NPCs, +10 Lights
    Buying the same items one by one in single packages might cost instead $800.

Next they need a calculation of PoT-upgrade package to be reduced by the amount of already purchased single packages. If not there might end some PoTs with municipality-size but several not counting single upgrade-packages as the max is already reached with municipality.
    E.g. you already bought 2,000 m² for $120 but would like to buy now the upgrade from village to crossroads. Instead of $600 you might have to pay just $500 for the upgrade of your current settlement (+6,400m² instead of 8,400m²). Overall in this example you would pay $620 and this way it would be a little bit more expensive than buying the upgrade right from the start but still cheaper than buing all packages one by one.

In this case indeed a management screen might be helpful to keep visible what you have and what not.
    E.g. if you have a holdfast it would look like that with your current town-status marked in bold:
    ___________holdfast___hamlet____village____crossroad___town_____city________metropolis________municipality
    m²_________XXXXX___OOOOO___OOOOO___OOOOO___OOOOO___OOOOO_____OOOOO__________OOOOO
    NPC buildings_X________O_______O________O_______OO_______OOOO_______OOOOO_________OOOOOOO
    NPCs_______XX_______OO______OO_______OO______OOOO____OOOOOOOO___OOOOOOOOOO___OOOOOOOOOO

Buing one additional m²-package and one additional NPC would change it to this:
    ___________holdfast___hamlet____village____crossroad___town_____city________metropolis________municipality
    m²_________XXXXX___XOOOO___OOOOO___OOOOO___OOOOO___OOOOO_____OOOOO__________OOOOO
    NPC buildings_X________O_______O________O_______OO_______OOOO_______OOOOO_________OOOOOOO
    NPCs_______XX_______XO______OO_______OO______OOOO____OOOOOOOO___OOOOOOOOOO___OOOOOOOOOO

Regardless if you purchase the upgrade of a town in one big step or by upgrading it in small steps once the requirements are fullfiled your town status would change. E.g. if you would buy in this example step by step 4 additional m²-packages, 1 NPC-building-package and 1 NPC-package you would also upgrade your town-status to hamlet the same as if you would have bought the big upgrade.
    m²_________XXXXX___XXXXX___OOOOO___OOOOO___OOOOO___OOOOO_____OOOOO__________OOOOO
    NPC buildings_X________X_______O________O_______OO_______OOOO_______OOOOO_________OOOOOOO
    NPCs_______XX_______XX______OO_______OO______OOOO____OOOOOOOO___OOOOOOOOOO___OOOOOOOOOO

But even if I like the idea i'm not sure if it is worth the work of calculating, changing and implementing for just some hundred PoT-owner.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  16. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

'tis true, Chris has a funny definition of "daily"

Arcanoxer and Synergy Blaize like this.
  17. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

The next size might be 121,800 m² @ $8700 (203 villages, +32 villages)

18. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

The blog was very upbeat today :)

I hope it works out well for them. I'm especially happy to hear about new hires in the future. New talent is always a good thing :)

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I know the bigger lots were targeted but I also think that town lots are a bigger lot. I do wish these were targeted also to lessen the space cost to place these. @Chris and thank you again for doing this. It has made a difference already but now npc buildings and npcs could really make a difference too.

Elrond likes this.