Random Discussion About Chris' Daily Blog

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Chris, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

aye agreed, but the changes are pretty radical, do you trust one week to think about all the millions of variables that could cause imbalance? I foresee more control point type errors where someone will find a spamming way to pull in 1 mill xp an hour. How does the change effect every single skill and passive as everything revolves around the current deck system. There are many skills I can already think of in my head that are going to be rendered in some weird way like things like mind wipe and other focus related skills in that tree. Seems like thinking all the variations and variables would take more then a week.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I will never agree with you on this point. Don't take your dream as a reality. You say they are cheater and you are the righteous man ? Seriously. Again you're derailing a topic to talk about you. I don't care about you and you shouldn't care about me. We are talking about the game.

We were talking about skill progression and it's obvious, when you take a look at the stats, that a level 120 is not a god. He has several small bonus, which took him about 5/10 time the xp a level 80 has. And when an high end player will be 130, the level 80 will be 100. When the high end will be 135, the level 100 player will be 110 and so on. In fact soft caps already allow to fill the gaps. But you have to look at the maths to see that.

Some want hard caps because they want to be as good as any other player, immediatly. They do not have the same pace of play and they may not even do any pvp but they want to intellectually compete with high end players. That's the way any other MMO like ESO, SWTOR are played... I played those two games and from what I can tell, they are boring when you are at the max level, because, pretty quickly, you don't have anything to do with your time.

I don't want this for SOTA.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Time Lord and Tiina Onir like this.
  3. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

This is a joke like Lum's Poland GDP comment right? Right? You cannot be surprised if after creating a game with infinite advancement players try to reach that infinite bar.

Time Lord, Brass Knuckles and Woftam like this.
  4. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

My question is HOW is Adventurer XP per hour is calculated. If it's just an average of people who "grind" then that leaves out all of us non-grinders.

5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Serious question: what do you think we could/should be doing in the game instead of levelling our characters endlessly?

6. eli

eli Avatar

Relieve cities from sieges, try to kill harder bosses with fewer party members.

i wish there were factions since i think meaningful group pvp is the best end-game content.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Getting more and more gold endlessly. Or some other form of grinding :D

For people who are interested in PvP, sure. But the bigger issue is not even end-game content, its that the non-endgame content (outside of the story) is just grinding when it could be more interesting.

Xandra7, Time Lord, cartodude and 2 others like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Group and raid tools come on line in r42 yet everything is soloable, well except for a cpl things.. we need epic raid dungeons ;)

9. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

I have no interest in grouping, or PVPing. This game has a single player online button.

I'd love to break those sieges for you, someone decided they should be impossible to solo (I know people have done it).

None of the dungeons are worth the time to clear them.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

How much appetite will you have for tough encounters when each death while learning costs you an hour of exp grinding? Not another hour in that tough dungeon but an hour low risk grinding against easy safe mobs.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I think it suggests that GM isn't necessary to get through the Episode 1 content. Other reasons for GMing skills could be- to show them off, to help others level, for roleplay, PvP. or "just because".

Hornpipe and Time Lord like this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Many people can and do solo those.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

118 in taming is required to tame a f red with only a 1% chance. If you want to play a tamer and have a 3% u need 120 in the skill. At 123 and 110 collar recouvery I lose 11 collars about 18k worth per spider I can sell the spiders for 9k once I get one ;(

Time Lord and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  14. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/5rldhcaely
    [​IMG]

The graph is very... impressive to say the least. I'm tempted to remove the spoiler tag for fear that people who "don't like graphs" won't bother to look at it. But I've opted for the more polite route. :rolleyes:

I would say this graph suggests that a player enters the "soft cap" zone at level 120. Especially taking into consideration that there is another "hidden" soft cap on the amount of XP that can conceivably be earned in an hour, no matter who is playing.

Heck, I'll offer 10 COTOs to the first person who can send me a bona fide screenshot of the first innate skill they take past 150 during the next release. It would be worth it to hear a true account of what it took to get there. :D

Hornpipe and Time Lord like this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Its why power leveled a alt account, one I can play and one I wish I could play.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Doesn't create good game content for people who play solo :D

Xandra7, Time Lord and Brass Knuckles like this.
  17. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I know literally next to nothing about Taming, so I have no basis to doubt your logic. So I will assume you are correct. Only I would point out that taming high end creatures is probably not necessary to get through Episode 1 content. So we can add it to the list of voluntary reasons to GM skills.

Time Lord and Brass Knuckles like this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Thats true especially since taming sucks anyways ;)

Time Lord and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  19. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

I would be very unhappy with a hard skill cap. A soft skill cap, like they have, suits me just fine.

Hornpipe, Time Lord and Tiina Onir like this.
  20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I value your opinion, as I do everyones. I just ask lets take a backer poll on it, to put it to rest. I personally would love hard caps/skill caps, and I have my reasons. If there where to be a backer poll that showed I was in the minority, I would shut my pie hole! :)

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.