Random Encounters

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Matheryn, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

I understand random encounters are not fully implemented yet but in r29 ive noticed that a small area has them and have found that they activate very frequently, one thing that came to mind is - this is going to get old very fast, especially when you enter an encounter that has 5 sheep and a sheepdog. I understand that they still need a lot of work but perhaps a warning counter needs to be displayed if you are at a certain proximity to an encounter - not showing where the encounter is but giving players a chance to change directions to possibly avoid the encounters - also as we skill up I hope the encounters we enter will also reflect on those skills aswell as I would hate to have extremely high skills and enter an encounter with 5 skeletons only to be able to kill them with a few swings of my axe with little effort

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

If it's between Ardoris and Soltown, I think those encounters were always there and have not been modified at all since their first inception.

I also think the idea is that we'll be able to see the encounters much like you'd see orcs and bandits roaming around in Ultima 4.

3. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

nah the ones that ive encountered were in drachvald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.