1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Random Gathering buffs

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Ysold, May 18, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

The idea is to make gathering a bit more exciting. When gathering, there could be a small chance to receive a short duration (15 minutes?) random gathering buff. It should be dismissible in case it's not the effect the player wants. Buffs could be: double gathering speed; get special resources only when harvesting at 100% chance; double yield but only base resources; immunity to attacks/interruptions. The buffs should be specific for a gathering skill and only 1 buff at a time. Call it a simple mini-game that can be played while gathering.

Ysold.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

M'Lady @Ysold ! Art thou saying that gathering is considerably b o r i n g ? ;)

FBohler, Time Lord and Ysold like this.
  3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Was it UO that added a chance to spawn a monster when gathering? A small chance when mining some rock creature showed up, or some rabbit-like creature when plucking stuff from the ground?

FBohler, Time Lord, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  4. Angelique DeVailly

Angelique DeVailly Avatar

Treasure hunting when you were looting the chest monters spawned at difficulty level of that chest

Time Lord and Bridge Troll like this.
  5. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

That is what I likely remembered - sorry if I derailed your post, @Ysold

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  6. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

No problems! I too have fond memories of UO treasure hunting. But I also remember vaguely bunnies spawning when gathering(?). They were fast and as such pretty hard to catch, but they had nice special loot. Edit: Weren't they called Spectral Rabbit? Edit edit: No, I think it was Vorpal Bunny!

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Personally I think there’s enough buffs to mining already, but something random happening… would be interesting.

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yes. Vorpal bunny! Those were fun.

9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I'm all in for anything that would make the game less boring!
    On a side note, rare minerals, wood and cotton would be appretiated as well. Oh and what about making rare animal resources any useful in crafting?

10. Hemnu Lightbringer

Hemnu Lightbringer Avatar

Actually yes and no you needed a gargoyle pickaxe and mining veins with it gave you a chance of spawning that ore elemental my bro used to did these up all the time on UO Verite and Valorite elementals we would farm mainly was alot of fun wish we had those pickaxes here hehe that brings back good memories

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.