Random or Roll Required!

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Cramit845, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cramit845

Cramit845 Avatar

So, players really need a /random 100 or /roll 100 type command. Honestly I wouldn't even mind if it was an innate ability for every character that doesn't require leveling up but at very least we need a slash command.

Over the weekend, we had a group doing some dungeon runs. As we moved through some of the dungeons we would come across either keys, bone throne and other items that multiple people wanted the option to get. Without having a random or roll command, we had to have someone who already had the item choose a number and then everyone post a guess in party chat to see who got closest to win the item. It would be considerably easier to just do the above slash commands or an out of combat ability to roll dice.

Other than ease of use for the player, this is a MMORPG and we need some tools to make certain things easier for us. Having dice or incorporating a command to allow us to easily figure out who gets an item should be really easy to implement and kinda standard for MMO's.

Please devs, add this functionality!

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The devs have stated that this will come later on but that it is on the list.

In the mean time we do have paper scissor rock emotes. (You can get them in Desolis).

3. Cramit845

Cramit845 Avatar

Ah, very good, thanks. At least there is something in there for this. Very annoying to stop and do what I described above every time something interesting dropped.

Although I don't quite get why this would take awhile to get implemented. Seems pretty basic and easy but then again, what do I know.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I think the expression used was "being pecked to death by ducks".
    In that a duck peck is harmless, but thousands could kill.
    So unless it is essential it has to wait until the essential stuff is in.

Well that or you send the right dev a fine bottle with a note that 'wouldn't it be nice if this would be a thing'.,.
    :p

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you are in a party that has a player just jumping on them and not letting others get some then that is not a party for you.

Get with people you trust to play nice with and will be fair and even.

We have gone out and gotten keys for MANY locations and have sets and even for our players who are not avail at the time we are there, time permitting . . .

But if you are in a random group and someone is just grabbing them all what makes you think a "roll" for them will work?

If you are in a group you trust it is easy to go John is first, Alexd 2nd, leigh, 3rd . . . . . .

It is just so much easier to let players figure this stuff out on their own to try and create some goofy mechanic for it.

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd love to have a /roll emote that actually showed you bending down and rolling dice. Emotes with animations FTW!

enderandrew likes this.
  7. Cramit845

Cramit845 Avatar

We've only been playing with guildies and trust all of our group members. Although following a list isn't something most of the group was interested in. Just a personal preference. Having a simple / command or even an emote with animation really shouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Give all the stuff to one player and go shoot archery and take the score. See who misses and eliminate them, be creative with the tools avail. Have the guild leader make a random roll generator for those in your group.

Drink and see who hiccups first. . . .

Jump off a cliff and give to whoever takes the least damage . . . . . ..

Swim across the bay in Kingsport and see who wins . . . . . .

I am sure as they said Dice or something are in the works. Give it time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.