Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Can artefacts be "major reparied"? I tried putting the artie, an ancient essence and 250 cotos on the correct table but the repair button didn't light up.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Have you tried without the ancient essence?

I'm not sure, things might have changed.

3. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

79. Are maps and worn maps worth anything? Any reason not to just sell them to an NPC to get them out out my inventory?

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings DalTXColtsFan
    The maps can be made into wall hangings when you acquire the correct recipe. The are also required for the Map Atlas Container that was a early supporter reward way back when.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sell 'em, or scrap 'em for wood pulp.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Random answers: 42

7. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

That's the least random answer ever.

Tahru likes this.
  8. Crusader of Sacrifice

Crusader of Sacrifice Avatar

Everything alright? You stopped posting.

FBohler likes this.
  9. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

So I'm trying to craft a jewel-socketed necklace. It's letting me socket a Tempestry Jewel but not an Imbued Tempestry Jewel. What's up with that? Thanks in advance.

10. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

You need a different option from the crafting menu.

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

To socket imbued gems and jewels, you need their respective "socket imbued" recipes. There should be 4 socket recipes, 1 handed, 2 handed, chest and jewelry. They all drop from the Elves in the Obsidian Panopticon.

Anpu and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Or, alternatively, you could acquire the recipes for socketing imbued gems and jewels.

14. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Thanks! Got the one Anpu mentioned (https://sotawiki.net/sota/Recipe:_Imbued_Jewel_Socketed_Ring_or_Amulet). The panopticon is kind of fun, I may go on an elf-slaughtering rampage until I find the others. I like that there's a daily quest in that dungeon too.

FBohler, Violet Ronso and Anpu like this.
  15. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Now that I'm playing offline again and can experiment with allocating XP to different places without having to spend 100 hours in a control point group to compensate, I untrained fire warding (it's down to around 34 and dropping) and trained up 10 fire skills (including immolation, ignite weapon and fireproof) to level 160. Here are some numbers I see:

Fire attunment: 139
    Immolation: 17-33 1.4 8.1 +26 fire attunement
    Ignite Weapon: 6-13 1.4 4.1 -10 fire resistance
    Flame Arrow: 65% fizzle chance, 44-77 fire damage, 12-30 every 1.4 seconds for 23 seconds
    Fireball: 75% fizzle chance, 88-133 fire damage, 44-88 every 2.7 seconds for 18.9 seconds (for comparison, my Ice Arrow currently says 159-238 damage)

Ignite Weapon looks worthless, but the rest of those look pretty good as long as the numbers are actually indicative of the damage the spells do.

The point to all of this is I wanted to see if the increased effectiveness of the 4 specific spells from untraining Fire Warding outweighed the lost fire resistance from untraining the same. I also have Douse and Ice Shield to help with fire resistance.

Based on what I see and on some limited trials in the Obisidian Panopticon and Ravenswood, so far it seems like the answer is "yes" for Immolation, Flame Arrow and Fireball but Ignite Weapon seems useless.

Anything I may be missing (other than the fact that in the online game you'd need about 10 billion XP to train 10 skills up to 160)?

16. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

101. Early in my online career I was given a Necklace of Civility that had a +5 Adventurer Level bonus on it. A standard Necklace of Civility does not have that bonus and I never saw it come up as an option in any enchanting, socketing or masterworking options. How is it possible to add an AL bonus to an item?

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't believe you currently can. +AL was originally part of the artifact's stats, and I think +AL was removed from the Necklace of Civility when artifacts got revamped. So if you still have the old one you were given, it likely no longer shows that bonus.

Artifacts and such

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    DalTXColtsFan and Anpu like this.
  18. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

102. I just crafted a bronze halberd blade that gives me +5 weapon damage, +8% weapon critical chance and +8% weapon critical damage. I also crafted a meteoric iron halberd blade that gives me +8 (not +8%) weapon damage and +60% damage resistance.

Right now my critical chance is 14.4% and critical damage 309%. If I equip the bronze halberd will those go up to 22.4% and 317%? If so, that seems like a lot!

The +5 or +8 weapon damage - is that literal, i.e. if I do a hit for 57 damage it'll simply be 62 or 65, so it's 5 or 8 extra hit points of damage every time the halberd hits something?

Damage Resistance - right now mine is 57.5 with a max of 102.3%. I'm guessing the +60% damage resistance means it would add 60% of 57.5 (34.5), so my damage resistance would be 92 - so if I'm being attacked by 5 liches who are all whacking me for 110 hit points each, a damage resistance of 92 would mean they're only hitting me for 18? That could save my life against multiple enemies!

EDIT: I'm confused. I just unequipped all of my gear and I have a damage resistance of 3.6 naked. My current meteoric iron halberd says it only has +.6 (not +.6%) damage resistance, yet my DR went all the way up to 17.6 after I equipped it. Where did all of that increase come from?

I have more questions but I think I'm going to stop there, this is already a lot.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think the crit chance is not added to your total, it uses the base crit chance of the weapon. If a weapon has 10% crit chance, a +8% would result in a gain of .8%. (8% of the base of 10.)

Unsure on how DR from a weapon works. Usually, the +% DR is not your full DR, but the base DR of the item that has the bonus. So a MW of +10% DR on an item with 3 DR only nets you an additional .3 DR. But weapons don't have DR as a stat, so maybe it uses your total DR? Though, I would guess it would use your base DR without other MW modifiers.

Someone more knowledgeable may come along and correct me. Equip it and find out!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  20. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

103. Here's a question I probably should have asked a long time ago: What exactly is "crowd control"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.