Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Good luck on that. The ele will help, but Riei is a tough enemy.

2. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

31. Do the stats of NPC companions like Fiona Fitzowen increase, in the online game *or* the offline game? That is, as Fiona and I are running around mowing down Ebon Cultists like grass, are HER skills, adventurer level, XP, base triple crossbow damage et al increasing along with mine? I kind of miss being able to SEE NPC companion stats as they increase like in Ultima 4 through 7.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I believe they can't be taken as companions in the online game.

4. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

Yes, the earth elemental is really useful as a comrade with the control skill. This undoubtedly helps when there are many enemies around who want to kill you.
    The water elemental is good too, but on the other hand, it heals you.
    And yes, I think you were quick to draw conclusions without letting the ice elemental grow in level. )

5. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

32. I FINALLY broke down and gave online a shot. My first question is this: What is considered the "correct" way to "quit"? I got as far as the Solace Bridge Outskirts, but when I went to the menu and hit "quit", I got some message like I'm going to remain in the game for 20 seconds or something like that. That's okay in the middle of camp but what if I need to leave the game while I'm in the middle of the lich area in Deep Ravenswood?

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I have never had any issues quitting, the only thing I would recommend is to be in a "safe spot" ex.: the scene entrance or something. You do not really risk anything.

By the way, now that you are online, hit me up, I could donate you some beginner gear since I am upgrading my stuff and working on gear right now!

Violet Ronso is my ingame name as well!

7. Toular

Toular Avatar

If I need to log out in a "dangerous" zone I try to find either a location where I can't "auto target" anything (hit tab, it something becomes selected then that something could see you) - or I jump onto a rock that would take me out of "attack-ability" for any hostiles. Another option is to head to the very edge of the map where you start to zone out to Novia. Just before the screen goes completely black you will generally be safe because that more-or-less takes you out of "sight" of hostiles.

Of course, logging out on the overworld is completely safe and you don't have that logout delay.

Logging out in the middle of that lich area would most likely be a bad idea - but remember that it is only 17 seconds or whatever. If there are no hostiles when you log out and it's a slow span rate then you might be okay.

DalTXColtsFan, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

33. When I played through the Solace Bridge Outskirts quests offline, I could swear Bancroft the blacksmith told me to look up the blacksmith in Soltown and give her his name. I just played through in online and Bancroft didn't tell me anything about Soltown. Did I miss a trigger?

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Did you complete the main quest in the solace bridge outskirts? (Find scouts, Kill ritual master)? and turn that into Kinsey?

10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

What exactly is "find scouts"? I did kill the ritual master and go to Kinsey - she gave me the letter to take to Stanley in Soltown.

EDIT: One thing I've always been curious about is if anything was supposed to "lead you" to the ritual master. Only thing I noticed is the alchemist says there are people over there up to no good, and of course the bloody bones book brings you to the general area. Any other "clues" I missed?

EDIT #2 - never mind about Bancroft, the second time I went to him he told me about Annika.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Solace Bridge Outskirts - The Complete Quest Guide

note the bloody patches on the ground. Enter the building to the North and go upstairs.
    You will see a wounded scout and speak to them. Click the help keyword. You will get the Tell Kinsey of Her Scouts' Fates task.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi @DalTXColtsFan. Welcome to Online. I'm Majoria in game. I accept all friends requests. I'll send you some songs. If you like Christmas songs I have those too. Let Me know if I can help. If I'm not online send me a mail message. I answer my mail too. Escape key is how I quit. In online you don't have to worry we don't need save game option. That is for offline. And yes as mentioned move to a safe spot. Recall scrolls or teleport to zone scrolls help too.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  13. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

34. In offline, I had exclusively a halberd. In online, I knew I was going to want to stay with the polearm tree, but just for the fun of it I picked up a spear and shield. Are there any other one-handed polearms besides a spear? I'm guessing the spear won't do quite as much damage as a comparable halberd (i.e. iron spear vs. iron halberd or bronze spear +11 vs. bronze halberd +11), and I'm sure that the shield will provide extra defense on top of heavy armor while costing more experience points. Any other pros and cons of spear and shield vs. halberd I should be aware of?
    35. Is there a "quick" way to level up distract? It looks like it doesn't actually level up unless you're in combat (I'm trying to remedy a big mistake I made offline which is wait way way way too long to unlock "train dexterity"). Any better ways to level that up than just finding some monsters and clicking on it a lot?

P.S. Some of you have offered to let me contact you now that I'm online. Thanks! I'm sure I'll take you all up on that soon, especially if it means getting my hands on better gear earlier in the game than later. For now I'm just kind of feeling things out, repeating all the quests in the 3 outskirts plus soltown and ardoris to get a nice big fat experience base (though Ardoris may have to wait until later because I seem to remember some brutal fights in the tower of the shuttered eye!).

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

trident, but gear wear on it is bugged right now

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

You can also dual wield spears/tridents or a combination of both, to go full berserker mode. I've found my damage to be higher than a halberd (at least personally).

DalTXColtsFan and Anpu like this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

What is your name in game? In case I run into ya...

17. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

KingJoe DalTXColtsFan

Violet Ronso likes this.
  18. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

35. After a quick Google search, someone else had the same question I did about levelling up Distract. For some reason it comes up maintaining by default and I didn't notice. I took it off maintaining and it levelled up just fine. I may have to play around with that and see if it works when 5 or 6 monsters are ganging up on you.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  19. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The last time I tested Distract, it would only work on "unaware" mobs, and only 1 at a time. This can help you control their movement patterns for easier sneak attacks, or to pick off mobs one by one, but will not help you mid-fight! (unless things have changed, but never saw any patchnotes on Distract)

Alley Oop and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  20. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

It's interesting that you bring that up, because the #1 difference I notice between offline and online is the monsters don't seem to notice me anywhere near as quickly online than they did offline! I walked right into the middle of the room with the skeleton prince and his 4 minions, and until I attacked one of them they didn't do a darned thing! If they don't notice me, I could distract the prince off to a corner and the minions closer to me for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.