Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Wow, that is quite the opposite experience for me, I never actually settled with a stealth build cause every time I tried, mobs would notice me from behind, 5 kms away while I was stealthed lol!

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yep. chris designed distract at the same time as the rise, so it's really good at "there's a roomful of elves around the corner, how can i get one of them to come to me out of sight of his friends so i can kill him in peace?"

Violet Ronso likes this.
  3. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I'm partially embarrassed now!
    The cursed skeletons in the Soltown Catacombs are non-hostile NPCs who only attack if they're threatened! I wasn't supposed to kill the skeleton prince! Ooops!

Violet Ronso likes this.
  4. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

36. I could have sworn I took a screenshot but apparently I didn't. I bought a White Iron Trident +11 that had bonuses like +10 strength and dexterity, +10% push and pull damage and several other bonuses. How close is this trident to being an "endgame weapon" for someone who wants to be a one-handed polearm, shield and heavy armor user?

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Could you possibly provide a screenshot? Hard to say without seeing more stats on the actual item.

6. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Never mind on #36. I got some better stuff from King Robert.

37. Can Crowns of the Obsidians be acquired in the online game without buying them? The Obsidian Potions were one of my favorite things in the offline game.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You find them as loot but they're much more rare than in offline.

8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Thanks. I went ahead and bought some from the store. How long does it usually take for me to be able to see them in the game? I was disconnected, and when I reconnected i didn't see them.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Check the treasure chest icon in the upper right corner.

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

38. I noticed this offline too: Once Body Slam gets to a certain level, my character seems to run in place and not go anywhere. I don't think it's actually training the skill either because my pooled XP doesn't go down when I repeatedly cast it. Thoughts? Is it worth training body slam to get at absorb impacts, valient warden and knight's grace?

Violet Ronso likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-result-in-running-in-place-when-used.163074/

Violet Ronso and Barugon like this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Alley Oop just linked you the bug thread, so there's your answer for that.

As for if Body Slam is worth training, it 100% is. Body slam is one of the strongest and most consistent stuns in the game, and as a Polearms Heavy Armor user, your best Crowd Control. Body slam is in my top 3 active skills, behind Puncture and Berserker's Stance.

Barugon likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In online they can be found:

1. When mining various Ore Nodes.
    2. Skinning various creatures.
    3. Found in loot from humanoid creatures.

DalTXColtsFan and Barugon like this.
  14. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

39. Is defense against arrows or crossbow bolts any different than defense against melee weapons (i.e. if you know you're going to be facing mobs of archers would you use different defenses than defensive stance/deflect/glancing blow/ice shield et al)?

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think shields can be particularly good against arrows. But I don't know if they're good in the same way they are also good against melee attacks, or specifically better against arrows.

16. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

When I played offline I never used a shield. Online, I use a polearm/shield/heavy armor combo. It'll be interesting to see if I have an easier time surviving the siege engineers and ebon cultist marksmen now that I have a shield.

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Shields are good all around for defenses, but especially against mages as a Heavy Armor user (or archers until you can reach them). My issue I've always had with shields is that I lost a lot of offensive power, and for some reason, in this game, a good offense is often better than a good defense.

With the new effects on combos though, shields have some very nice combos that give good buffs now, so I will be giving them a second chance for sure.

18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Scratch that, just remembered why offense was better than defense. Defense has a cap and much weaker scaling than offense, meanwhile offense can just go off the charts.

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  19. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

40. Any way to find out who "runs" a PoT and contact them? I used my "free" deed from Captain Kinsey to claim a row lot in Twilight Sparkle right outside of Kingsport. I feel like a squatter LOL and would just like to "get involved" in the community so to speak!

Violet Ronso likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The governor's name is listed under your compass at the top of the screen. Just send that person an in-game letter.

...the town name Twilight Sparkle makes me happy.

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.