Ransom adjustments and feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rekih, Nov 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rekih

Rekih Avatar

Afternoon,

I'm going to post here an screenshot of some of the stuff I got from pvp and pickpocketing *sorry victims <3 :D

[​IMG]

Lets play maths;

- 117 Tugsten ransom 23.400 igg. Average price on the market is 55-60g ea 117x55= 6.435 igg. nothing close to 23k. Something not working correctly here...

- 548 obsidian chips ransom 21.920 igg. Players selling them for 10g ea, thats 548x12 = 5.480 igg. Again.. something is wrong here..

- 472 silver ingots ransom 18.880 igg. Average silver ingots 180g ea, 472x180 = 84.960 igg. One more time..

- Same with a +15 crafted chest, probably that guy payed 30k+ but the ransom is marked for 2.308 igg...

So, what we can do to fix this? any possiblity the game could get the market prices using the API? @Chris @DarkStarr @Bzus

I would like to hearr your thoughts about this.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Ransom should be value of the items x4, that's why you got 23k from 117 tungsten.
    Good job anyway ;)

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

a negotiated ransom system would be nice.

you kill me and get 100 gold ore. i want the ore back. so, i offer 10% than what i feel it's worth. you want to make the death hurt a little more than that (for whatever reason). so, you respond with %10 over. we go back and forth a few times (hard limit on number of offers). you get the items or gold. i lose the items or gold. same as now. just more leeway for us to come to an agreement.

might be difficult to do though. but, they wouldn't have to worry about tracking market values and allow players more flexibility.

amarious and Dhanas like this.
  4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

It should be fixed someday, btw congrats on those ransom! the silver ingots one is quite impressive.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes, the ransom uses the "Value" attribute of the items. The first day of Blood Bay, I had been walking around the coast and got about 200 black pearls. Then later I noticed a ransom request for twice what I could buy them for new. You can keep it! There was another time when I was taking an alt on a shortcut through Blood Bay, and 5 teleport scrolls got ransomed. Since the market value is much higher than the NPC value, it was better to pay to get them back.

That stack of silver ingots was a good score (you really shouldn't flag PvP if you're going to be so casual about carrying valuable items!), doubly so since the guy never noticed!

Dhanas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.