Rant on Travel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Satan Himself, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

Consults Oracle:
    "Draugon Erynor was last seen: Viewing forum list, 3 minutes ago"

Looks up at attic window, notices movement as curtain fall back into place.

2. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

As far as I'm concerned, this post by @Budner from the Poll thread says everything that needs to be said on the topic. It's a compromise that protects the interests of the game and PoT longevity while making reasonable concessions for what I think is a very valid and necessary need for fast recreational travel. Not much else to say, except... thank you Budner.

KuBaTRiZeS and Budner like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Curious to see if my subjective opinion on the current lack of balance in the map was just my imagination, I marked the following items on the map below taken from sotamap.com (thanks Jakub White!)
    • NPC towns (red)
    • adventuring areas (yellow)
    • control points (turquoise)

I may have missed some, but even so it is obvious that the town I live in (purple arrow) has nothing of interest anywhere near it. Serious travel from there is needed to be able to do anything in the game. In R25 I used to use the /stuck command to get to the Ardoris area, but since I heard that /stuck now takes you to Port Phoenix, I haven't tried it again. So my house is empty and I hardly ever go there.

Once every region is equal with regard to points of interest and adventuring areas, I might feel completely different about needing a quick way to travel. But for now, it is indispensable.

[​IMG]

Jakub White, Ice Queen, smack and 7 others like this.
  4. agra

agra Avatar

It certainly paints Ardoris/Hidden-Vale as the most desirable locations, currently.

I couldn't even test combat & crafting, thoroughly, in R26, outside of the Ardoris region, to say nothing about enjoying it. (ideally, eventually, at some point, it'll be fun, too)

Ice Queen, 4EverLost and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.