Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rare's loosing there rareness

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Mal Hari, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

First i love all the new drops in loot.

But I have to say I'm crushed and well rather mad to find rare's in the loot.

Yesterday one of my guildies got a crfting pavilion deed in his drop. (Very glad he got a house deed it' a nice prize)

But I feel it's a kick in the pants to all us long term player/investors.

When a item is discontinued it becomes a rare making it more valuabe as time passes. But if you put rare's in the loot drops they become less rare and diminish the value.
    You also create the thought what other rare's will no longer be rare?

Example:

Pledge items
    Will the houses and rare pledge items start dropping making them less valuable .
    (I have several pledges with about 40+ rare house deeds I'm holding till 1-2yrs after launch going to be worthless due to them being drops?)

Telethon items:
    Are we going to see these drop in loot too?
    (Every month like clock work I put $5 on 5 Accounts during each telethon. So I'll have a few and later in 1-2yrs sell them. Am I wasting my money because there rareness is being reduced?)

Add-on store:
    There's items that are discontinued (village pavillion, kobold capacitor, 1 time holiday items,..) so that makes them rare.
    So am I wasting my money grabbing up a few items that are going to be removed from the store? Again planning to sell later.

It was said way back that there would be lots of rare's In this game.
    If your going to drop rares in loot THERE NOT RARE ANYMORE.

Note:
    When I say above to sell later. It' not so much for personal use. (Not going to sell item and go on a paid vacation lol.) It's to roll the Gold, Coto, or real cash back into the game to help my group grow.

So you see when you drop rare's I and many others have to rethink our long term spending strategy.
    Spend only a little money on a needs basis or invest in this world/community (the rare's) with a hope of economic growth and a return on the investment.

Just to put this the way I put it to my son so he understood.
    Imagine you own a #1 Batman (worth a increadable amout)
    And suddely the comic book company decided let's print 1 million more copies that are perfect copy as the original and no one can tell the difference. Suddenly you lost a lot of money. That' what I see here happening.

Rares/discontinued items should not drop in loot.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

If there are any homes that are expired included in these that is a bug.

Hazard, Elwyn, Olthadir and 7 others like this.
  3. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

Thank you as always for a "wow that was quick response "

I'm sure you'll be checking into it.

SOTA ROCKS

4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Notions like requiring rares to retain value for later resale really make me question the design motivations behind the game. Anytime I see anything regarding protecting values for RMT brings a negative emotional association for the game.

I too pop in my $5, $15, or $30 like clockwork during the livestreams. But profiteering concerns such as this make me question why if/when the devs give into it.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Lifedragn

I generally agree, I don't like RMT overriding other game design decisions... Except, though, that when the devs promise something will only be available for a limited time, they generally have to keep to that promise. Either way, the devs just have to be transparent about what they're doing.

Gorthyn and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

On this I tend to agree. Though I will say we have WAY TOO MUCH limited time stuff around this game. Nothing to make new players feel welcome like a ton of stuff they missed out on that older players are going to price gouge them on to acquire.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, I mean.... it used to be people could farm control points with no experience cap and none of that was ever reset.... was that fair to newbies ?

I think it all works out in the end.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I would like to be able ot trade in items that I have from PLedges or other that have been overwritten with a newer nicer fancier item - Air Ships - Pavallions - Trees, a lot of other smaller items just redone and reskinned and set back in the store or game form more $

Let me trade in my Air Ship for Coto Value in the store to get a Pirate one or so on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.